Pre-Game Talk: Week for Redemption (@WPG, BUF, STL, @DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
With Roy saying it has been a battle between Grigorenko and Wagner to get in the lineup, does that mean Wagner is the one sitting?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Vancouver is now tied with us for the 2nd Wild Card spot...they have 4 less wins than we do, but they've made up for that with having 11 OTL to our 3. That's something that this team needs to do, get some of those 1-goal games to OT and at least salvage a point and see if they can steal another.

Of course the Avs can help themselves by not losing to teams like Columbus to begin with...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not worried about the Canucks. They also just lost their best player.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
To be honest, it's the Ducks and Preds that worry me. Not Vancouver or any of the 4 Canadian teams for that matter. I still get this feeling Nashville and Anaheim are a lot better than their position in the standings.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
To be honest, it's the Ducks and Preds that worry me. Not Vancouver or any of the 4 Canadian teams for that matter. I still get this feeling Nashville and Anaheim are a lot better than their position in the standings.

Preds are going nowhere with Rinne playing like he's been playing. Ducks are a weird bunch, don't know what to make of them.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As Ivan said, the Preds are going nowhere with Pekka Rinne and his .902 SV%. Carter Hutton isn't going to do the job, either. How Rinne has a .902 SV% playing behind that defence boggles my mind.

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
It's kinda interesting that all the Buffalo/ Avs article out there talked about O'Reilly.
And that when interviewed, O'Reilly talked mainly about him and not of team's achievement.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I've been saying for a while that the Preds are not making it. RyJo should help their chances, but they are just not a good hockey team. Anaheim and San Jose are my two worries for the final spot.

The Avs just need to play the hockey they have since late October and they will be fine.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Sounds like Mikko might be close to a return. Won't be long until we see him up in the NHL.

By the way, I'm pretty sure after last night, he can't hit 40 games anymore, but I might be off by a game.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
From Article 1 in the CBA:

Quote:
"Accrued Season" means any League Year during which a Player was on a Club's Active Roster for 40 (30 if the Player is a goalie) or more Regular Season Games, provided that, for the purposes of calculating an Accrued Season under this Agreement, games missed due to a hockey-related injury incurred while on a Club's Active Roster shall count as games played for purposes of calculating an Accrued Season but only during the League Year in which the injury was incurred and a maximum of one additional season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad