Pre-Game Talk: Week for Redemption (@WPG, BUF, STL, @DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Another tough week sets up concluding with a divisional b2b over the weekend. Avs have no choice right now but to win a tough game or two this week.

The ROR circus comes to town, which the media is already warming up. Hopefully all parties in the trade get to participate in the contest.

Will Varly play every game this week? I'd lean yes but I could see Pickard get Buffalo.

Will Erik Johnson return? Or possibly Brad Stuart? And what will that do to the gaggle of defensemen we have hanging around? Will we ever lose that 50th contract?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Accidentally voted for Zadorov. Meant to vote all still remain.

Another tough week... but recently we've done well with tough weeks.

Thinking 6 points with a loss to Dallas.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I voted for Bodychuck, as I think Redmond will stick around as the 7th.

There is just no denying how Bigras has played, and if he continues it Roy won't pull him out for Redmond IMO.

I have to believe Roy is that intelligent.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I have no basis whatsoever saying this but I feel like Bigras will be returned to the AHL by next week.

Grigorenko and Zadorov both better play vs Buffalo. Roy trying to harp on Grigorenko's compete level, there is no better game for Grigorenko to show Roy his compete level than against his old club

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I voted for Bodychuck, as I think Redmond will stick around as the 7th.

There is just no denying how Bigras has played, and if he continues it Roy won't pull him out for Redmond IMO.

I have to believe Roy is that intelligent.

I dont think Roy will play Zadorov and Bigras together. I also dont think Roy is breaking up EJ, Beauch, Barrie and Holden in the top 4 so something has to give

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Bigras has played great, but will Roy want not one, but two 20 year olds on one pairing where they'll only play like 11 minutes a night? I guess that's the question. It's not just them being on a pair together, it's that they'll both barely play and is that best for their development?

Roy did say he was very happy with his defense last night, and they've only given up 48 shots in two games. I'd like to see a Zadorov/Bigras pairing at least tried before Roy decides to send one down.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Bigras has played great, but will Roy want not one, but two 20 year olds on one pairing where they'll only play like 11 minutes a night? I guess that's the question. It's not just them being on a pair together, it's that they'll both barely play and is that best for their development?

Roy did say he was very happy with his defense last night, and they've only given up 48 shots in two games. I'd like to see a Zadorov/Bigras pairing at least tried before Roy decides to send one down.

Yeah agreed, Roy's reasoning might be purely ice time I guess.

Can't imagine Bigras - Zadorov would be bad with 10-13 minutes of ice time though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm guessing Bigras, which would be unfortunate. He might be more ready than Zadorov right now.

As for the games, I still like watching O'Reilly and seeing him do well but not against the Avs. I hope we see him on the receiving end of one of those big Zadorov hits. That would be nice.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Why would they need to be on the same pair or limited to just 11 minutes?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Roy isn't going to break up his top 4, and the bottom pairing has barely been used this year when the top 4 is healthy.

Roy does a lot of things people say he won't do.

The bottom pair has also consisted of the likes of Guenin, Gormley, a broken down Stuart and Redmond. Not exactly guys Roy has trusted with many minutes. Zadorov seems to already be trusted enough to play 15-20 minutes. And I bet Bigras quickly gains that trust with his smart, safe play. That would give us 6 guys who can play in that 15-20 range. Maybe Roy would be more willing to spread the minutes out if he had 6 guys he trusted for more than 10 minutes a night. With Beauch's age, EJ's injuries, and Holden's skill set I would bet Roy would like to be able to spread the minutes out more.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd love for Roy to roll out:

Holden - Barrie
Zads - Beauch
Bigras - EJ

to ease EJ back in and limit Beauchemin's minutes...but I agree that the most likely scenario is the top 4 staying together and which ever kid(s) stay(s) up being stuck on the third pairing.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
If Bigras will be scratched I want him sent down so he can keep playing big minutes. Don't think Stuart or EJ will be back this week yet though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sure, Roy could change it up, but EJ and Beauchemin have been joined at the hip this year. I'm not convinced he'll do it.

I really do believe that Bigras's chance to stay in the lineup depends heavily on how much of Roy's trust Zadorov earns. Which is kind of weird but...

Roy will have to trust Zadorov to either play on the bottom pair next to Bigras, or trust Zadorov enough to play with FB for a large portion of ES minutes.

That is in order for Roy to continue to play Z with FB, and Bigras with EJ except for major situations when he'd put EJ and FB out together.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I really do believe that Bigras's chance to stay in the lineup depends heavily on how much of Roy's trust Zadorov earns. Which is kind of weird but...

Roy will have to trust Zadorov to either play on the bottom pair next to Bigras, or trust Zadorov enough to play with FB for a large portion of ES minutes.

That is in order for Roy to continue to play Z with FB, and Bigras with EJ except for major situations when he'd put EJ and FB out together.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Bigras stay if it's just one. Would you rather have Zadorov or Bigras next to Redmond?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't expect it, but it would be cool if Roy did do rotate through Zads-Beauch, Bigras-EJ, and Beauch-EJ, taking the shifts that Holden-Barrie aren't on the ice for. He wouldn't even need to trust Bigras-Zads going out there together given the minute spread we've seen this season.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Bigras stay if it's just one. Would you rather have Zadorov or Bigras next to Redmond?

I'd rather see Gormley called back up to play with Zadorov as long as Zads keeps looking calm out there and keeps adjusting when he runs into difficulties. Bigras would also benefit from playing with Gormley rather than Redmond because Gormley can pass the puck as well and is no more soft; but is much better at using his partner and allowing them to shine, even if he isn't as good of a skater as ZR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad