Pre-Game Talk: Week for Redemption (@WPG, BUF, STL, @DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I've been saying for a while that the Preds are not making it. RyJo should help their chances, but they are just not a good hockey team. Anaheim and San Jose are my two worries for the final spot.

The Avs just need to play the hockey they have since late October and they will be fine.

i think arizona is going to dropoff at least a bit. i like ducks and sharks both over the coyotes.

canucks don't scare me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
i think arizona is going to dropoff at least a bit. i like ducks and sharks both over the coyotes.

canucks don't scare me.

Same here... I'm just hoping the Pacific teams fight with each other instead of pushing for a wild card spot. If the Pacific doesn't get a wild card spot, I think the Avs chances are very good.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Once EJ comes back, I see 2 different scenarios concerning the defense. I can describe the reaction from this board using two simple hashtags:P

Option 1) #InRoyWeTrust

Option 2) #FIREROY

Can anyone guess which hashtag is associated with each scenario?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I won't like the move (if it happens), but I'd totally understand Bigras getting sent down.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
The only (major) flaw that Bigras needs to work on is gaining strength and mass. Putting him in the AHL doesn't speed up that process.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I won't like the move (if it happens), but I'd totally understand Bigras getting sent down.

I would understand it but I also wouldn't. It's obviously better for his development to play 23-25 minutes in the AHL, but at the same time it's good for his development to be here in the thick of a playoff race, especially if Roy does what should be the logical thing and pairs him with EJ, giving us three solid defensive pairings.

I just can't tolerate Zach Redmond anymore.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States

Yeah, you can tell he can handle sheltered NHL minutes but may not quite be ready yet, especially for a larger role (some of that may have to do with his partner at times too). Though, at the same time, he is probably included in our best option for our top 6 defensemen to give us the best chance at winning every night.

Personally, I keep him up until he has a couple of bad games then send him down maybe. If he keeps growing and getting better and is one of our best options then I say keep him up for as long as he earns it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The only (major) flaw that Bigras needs to work on is gaining strength and mass. Putting him in the AHL doesn't speed up that process.

Minutes will be good for the kid. To me, it is better for him to get 30 minutes a night with the Rampage than to get 10-12 with the Avs with little hope of moving up the lineup. If Bigras gets 15-16 with somebody like Beauch or EJ, we are talking a different story here.

I just can't tolerate Zach Redmond anymore.

I'm 100% with you on that.

It isn't a personal feeling here with me. I've said for a long time, Bigras would be fine in the NHL. It is more about getting meaningful minutes. If he isn't going to get them, it is best for him to go to the AHL and work on his game more. He can learn more in the AHL. I'm sure the organization feels the same. If it isn't in their plans to split up EJ and Beauch when EJ returns, then the writing is on the wall already.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, you can tell he can handle sheltered NHL minutes but may not quite be ready yet, especially for a larger role (some of that may have to do with his partner at times too). Though, at the same time, he is probably included in our best option for our top 6 defensemen to give us the best chance at winning every night.

Personally, I keep him up until he has a couple of bad games then send him down maybe. If he keeps growing and getting better and is one of our best options then I say keep him up for as long as he earns it.

This, I just want him to have a chance at more responsibility. I think you've got to see what hes capable of before sending him back IMO.

If Roy tries it, and it does not work. I wouldn't complain one bit.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Minutes will be good for the kid. To me, it is better for him to get 30 minutes a night with the Rampage than to get 10-12 with the Avs with little hope of moving up the lineup. If Bigras gets 15-16 with somebody like Beauch or EJ, we are talking a different story here.

If Bigras stays once EJ comes back that means he will be paired with either Zads,EJ,Beauch assuming Holden and Barrie stay together. I think Roy would trust any one of those guys more than he does Redmond so Bigras would probably get closer to 15-16 then his 10-12 right now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If Bigras stays once EJ comes back that means he will be paired with either Zads,EJ,Beauch assuming Holden and Barrie stay together. I think Roy would trust any one of those guys more than he does Redmond so Bigras would probably get closer to 15-16 then his 10-12 right now.

I don't see a situation where Roy pairs up Z and Bigras for a whole game. EJ and Beauch will likely have to be split for both kids to stay up.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't see a situation where Roy pairs up Z and Bigras for a whole game. EJ and Beauch will likely have to be split for both kids to stay up.

That does not mean they have to be split up for the entire game though. Which is the only thing giving me some semblance of hope lol.

Who knows though, maybe Roy would actually see Zadorov as a better option on the right side than Redmond.

We know without a doubt Redmond is not one of Roy's favorite defenders.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Yep, seeing as we didn't see Zads get this kind of trust earlier in the year, now he's essentially on the top pairing with Beauchemin.

I just think that it'd be in the best interests of this team to keep Bigras up, play him with EJ, and in pressure situations roll out Beauchemin-EJ. It not only ices our best possible defensive core, but it can limit Beauchemin's minutes a bit because he does need them reduced.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
That does not mean they have to be split up for the entire game though. Which is the only thing giving me some semblance of hope lol.

Who knows though, maybe Roy would actually see Zadorov as a better option on the right side than Redmond.

We know without a doubt Redmond is not one of Roy's favorite defenders.

That's my only hope. Roy's never been fond of Redmond and frankly he's done nothing to to earn this spot over Bigras.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yep, seeing as we didn't see Zads get this kind of trust earlier in the year, now he's essentially on the top pairing with Beauchemin.

I just think that it'd be in the best interests of this team to keep Bigras up, play him with EJ, and in pressure situations roll out Beauchemin-EJ. It not only ices our best possible defensive core, but it can limit Beauchemin's minutes a bit because he does need them reduced.

Ahh, I would love to see FB's minutes reduced a bit, especially if the kids are helping force it.

Nothing but pluses with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad