Pre-Game Talk: Week before Christmas (Islanders, Habs, Hawks, Coyotes)

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Really good to see that Nate's cousin has his finger on the pulse of the Avs front office.
Of course he doesn't and I'm being sarcastic but I do get some scoop though . Nate humself is constantly talking with Sakic on things .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There's a reason we get along so well

JmES.gif

Forceberg

Mar 9, 2012
I believe he's exempt from waivers until next year. One-way vs. two-way contract is for salary purposes. Him being on a one-way contract just means he gets paid his full $690k NHL salary regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or AHL.

Thanx, didn‘t know that.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Everytime I come home for the holidays I'm reminded how ****ed I am, and I'm okay with that.
My mother always uses this time wisely to let me know what a disappointment I am. Atleast my sister is a disappointment too so we use the time to bond and drink whiskey.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
My mother always uses this time wisely to let me know what a disappointment I am. Atleast my sister is a disappointment too so we use the time to bond and drink whiskey.

:laugh: can't say my sis is like that too much. She's a pretty high achiever, with a dash of sociopathic qualities.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
:laugh: can't say my sis is like that too much. She's a pretty high achiever, with a dash of sociopathic qualities.

That’s how I feel :laugh: my sister is this crazy hard worker and so great in school. And I was like the worst student ever. She’s not sociopathic, but definitely the better achieving child.

Reactions: Foppberg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That’s how I feel :laugh: my sister is this crazy hard worker and so great in school. And I was like the worst student ever. She’s not sociopathic, but definitely the better achieving child.
Isn't that like every family though? All my cousins are seriously one brother and one sister in every family and the sisters' have all these degrees and marrying wealthy blokes while being a tad crazy, while the dudes are just meh.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
:laugh: well maybe sociopathic is a bit much, but she's very good at getting people to do what she wants, and if she doesn't get it then she'll try to cleverly persuade them into it without even realizing. Growing up she was like a marionette with my parents.
Her boyfriend is the coolest shit though.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Isn't that like every family though? All my cousins are seriously one brother and one sister in every family and the sisters' have all these degrees and marrying wealthy blokes while being a tad crazy, while the dudes are just meh.

Not uncommon, not going to get into it on Christmas but the male vs female academic success is an issue in academia that isn't really talked about much.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not uncommon, not going to get into it on Christmas but the male vs female academic success is an issue in academia that isn't really talked about much.

That’s very true. It’s not something I noticed till I transferred from my public high school. But schools are very much catered towards female learning strengths.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad