Pre-Game Talk: Week before Christmas (Islanders, Habs, Hawks, Coyotes)

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Should be three pretty winnable games. But with the way they've been going at it lately...1 win is more realistic, against the Hawks sans Crawford.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I have no idea what to expect. They are so schizophrenic that you can't pick them to win games that seem winnable or lose the games you think they'll lose. Based on what I saw last night, and the previous week, I would say L, L, W, L. But they'll probably score 7 tomorrow night and win, and then lay an egg Friday.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Three wins and one loss. I think things will turn around. Notably Avs have been the better team in each loss, except vs Tampa.

Reactions: hooverdam

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I dunno...if the coaching staff is just gonna keep rolling out the same scheme and same lineup that's gone 1-3-1 (and very nearly didn't even get that 1) I don't put much stock in them winning any of these. And if they blow a homestand like this I don't know what to think.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I dunno...if the coaching staff is just gonna keep rolling out the same scheme and same lineup that's gone 1-3-1 (and very nearly didn't even get that 1) I don't put much stock in them winning any of these. And if they blow a homestand like this I don't know what to think.

My biggest wish for this week is that Grubs just takes the starting job and runs with it. Everything else will fall into place if that happens.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Before the NYI game I would have said we had a good chance at 4 wins. After that embarrassing effort against NYI, I am going to assume the Avs come out flying against MTL.

The hawks just beat Nashville, which is confusing, but I think we take it.

Arizona is probably a win, but they are a strange team.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Kings beat Jets, and Sens and Hawks beat the Preds. Avs aren’t the only ones counting down the days till the Holiday break.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Avs have a bit of a favorable schedule for the rest of December: CHI (x2), ARZ, LV, LA. 3 home games and a back to back with CHI/ARZ. Hopefully they can keep pace with WPG and NSH.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Hopefully that's all Zadorov misses and he's ready to go after the break.

Grubauer definitely deserves the next start.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
So we're going back to the Lindholm well.... There were stretches where he did play some good games. Hopefully he can just be non liability until Zads return. I'm still extremely worried that he and Nemeth will allow a prethala of goals.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Is Barberio cleared yet? Lindholm is really bad and will likely look even worse paired with Nemeth since neither one of them can move the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad