Pre-Game Talk: Week before Christmas (Islanders, Habs, Hawks, Coyotes)

Forceberg

Mar 9, 2012
Does Francouz have to clear waivers when he is sent down again? I think he has a 1 way contract, hasnt he?

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Guenin was well liked, I'm sure it was usually blamed on Barrie.
Yeah, cause he and Iginla weren't where Nate showed them?

131031152844-semyon-varlamov-single-image-cut.jpg

Reactions: cgf and CobraAcesS

atreyuavenged

Nov 28, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It would be nice if we could destroy a team for once. Too many close games or games where we have to come back in the third, or just shut it down and that leads to mishap.

Also, Special Teams has been dog shit lately. Power Play looks to be slowing down and Penalty Kill is getting more and more abysmal.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I mean Aho isn't bad, but you're talking about AJ freaking Greer & french Nic for **** sake!
The scenario where Grubauer takes over the No. 1 Position between now and February, and Frankie gets a start or two between now and then and looks solid.

Tht's a scenario where trading Varly makes a lot of sense. And it's a scenario that is already beginning to play itself out(Grubs is slowly taking over the No. 1 position right now).
Grubs isn't slowly taking over the #1 job :huh:
And Ago is a star so I know that's sarcasm

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I'm a bit worried about Grubauer. It would just be our luck to get him going and then he gets injured, while a healthy Varly continues to struggle.

Knowing how Bednar works, if it's Grubauer injured, we won't see anyone but Varly get a shot no matter how many games we play.
Why he's a back-up

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Does Francouz have to clear waivers when he is sent down again? I think he has a 1 way contract, hasnt he?

I believe he's exempt from waivers until next year. One-way vs. two-way contract is for salary purposes. Him being on a one-way contract just means he gets paid his full $690k NHL salary regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or AHL.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I love the "ignore member" option ;)

I would do that more, but I can't help myself from clicking the "Show content" button lol. So there isn't much point. Also it's completely weird when someone else is having a conversation with that person and their quotes are just gone.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Ya, you're absolutely right. Grubauer is the one who has allowed 3+ goals in each of his last 5 starts and went 1-4-0 over those 5 games.
That means he's taking over the starters job , wasn't it stated when they traded for him that he would get 30 starts or so , and be a good 1B for Varly. I mean, up u act like he was signed as a Varly replacement, when really he was signed as a dependable back up.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That means he's taking over the starters job , wasn't it stated when they traded for him that he would get 30 starts or so , and be a good 1B for Varly. I mean, up u act like he was signed as a Varly replacement, when really he was signed as a dependable back up.

Nope, that's just shit you made up sir.

No matter what made up garbage you want to say, the 2nd bolded is exactly why Grubauer was acquired. He is the Varly replacement so long as things go decently well in his first year here.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I would do that more, but I can't help myself from clicking the "Show content" button lol. So there isn't much point. Also it's completely weird when someone else is having a conversation with that person and their quotes are just gone.
True, but some members are too much for me. I only have two peeps on ignore but it's important for my health (and my sanity) that Scott Newlander is one of them.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I mean, I'm pretty sure it's a consensus that anything he has to say be taken with a grain of salt. Hell he's told me half the time he's just trolling.

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Nope, that's just **** you made up sir.

No matter what made up garbage you want to say, the 2nd bolded is exactly why Grubauer was acquired. He is the Varly replacement so long as things go decently well in his first year here.

I mean, he even signed here for 3 years, confirming more he was brought in as the starter, Grubi would not have signed here for 3 years to be a "backup/1b"

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I mean, I'm pretty sure it's a consensus that anything he has to say be taken with a grain of salt. Hell he's told me half the time he's just trolling.
:thumbu: . In reality Shane Bowers and Ottawa's 1st are not getting moved. Or so my sources say . Avs are really high on Bowers .

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Sooooo the Blues just won in Calgary and LA is about to do the same in SJ (i jinxed it, SJ tied the game). Anyway, good to see that they have some fight left cause we need them to surpass Ottawa. And it makes our loss to the Hawks more bearable.

#NoMoreEasyWins

Edit: Kovi of all ppl with the OT game winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad