NCAA GDT: Week 8

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I think its safe to say Ohio State is the team we thought they would be. The problem was clearly who was starting at QB. That's on Urban. Man, Cardale Jones could have had the best 3 game career in college football history.

Michigan State could barely beat these guys.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Barrett with a beautiful TD pass.

The offense is back. Season has begun. (Yes, I know it's Rutgers)

Yes...and Spartacus could barely beat them. I think it does atleast show that Ohio State is the class of the conference. Does that mean much? I don't know. But this is the time of the year you want to be clicking. Clicking in September or early October isn't a big deal because usually that is when your schedule is at the weakest. Granted this conference isn't that strong and they still have two big games left.

Sep 19, 2008
Since I listen to a lot of college football podcasts I was listening to the Audible discuss Spurrier and they brought up Virginia Tech. We all know Virginia Tech is struggling and Mandel / Feldman suggested that Beamer might want to retire sometime soon so new blood can come in and fix the program.

Now today's loss had nothing to do with him IMO. It was just a back and forth game and one side eventually had to lose. I'm not going to clamor for him to retire now. He shouldn't retire now. But he should at the end of the year.

We have seen coaches be forced out against their will. We have seen coaches that have led mediocre teams at powerhouses like Mack Brown and Bobby Bowden. They were so-so for some time and then eventually forced out. The results after their ouster are mixed, but Charlie Strong has certainly come up across a lot more difficulty than his predecessor. People wanted Fulmer gone too and Tennessee is still recovering from that. So be careful when you want an established coach out, regardless of his mediocrity.

I hope Frank has the dignity to leave peacefully. Because if he wants to stay, fine. But I wouldn't expect much. This team is in danger of missing their first bowl game in two decades because the program is starting to stagnate. This program used to win 10 games regularly. It ain't the case no more. And it hasn't been the case since Tyrod was QB.

3-5 is not good enough. It simply isn't. And again I'm not going to blame nobody for today's loss. It was too back and forth and they could have just as easily won the game. It came down to the two point conversion and they didn't get it. Otherwise they could have gone on forever. One side was more lucky than the other. It happens.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
That wasn't as good as Auburn but possibly more improbable. I mean on that Auburn one you knew if it was in the field of play it was gunna be returned. Blocked FGs are almost always dead balls and everybody stops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad