NCAA GDT: Week 8

Sep 19, 2008
It would be nice if Beamer just pulled a Spurrier and left, but many accused Spurrier of quitting on his team when he retired out of the blue. Beamer is in a similar situation but probably doesn't have much longer as coach. The clamoring has never really been at a fever pitch because the guy is an alumnus, and built this program from literally nothing. He deserves some respect for that. But the harsh reality is that the guy is getting dominated, and a program that once dominated the ACC and regularly appeared in ACC championship games and BCS bowls is starting to stagnate. It's not good enough. It isn't.

Maybe today is the start of a rally for him to leave peacefully. I don't know anymore. I don't think he would just quit this team. I think this team has some fight left in them. But I don't know how much longer he has or how much longer the fanbase will put up with mediocrity. This is Virginia Tech. 3-5 seasons are not the norm. The fanbase literally has no knowledge of the last time a team was this bad. You thought last year was bad? This could be even worse. They could miss out on a bowl. They haven't done that in like 25 years.

In an ideal situation he finishes out the season and retires. Then the Hokies can begin searching for a replacement that can bring some innovation and lucky. I love Beamer for all he did to the program. But it's time to start preparing a transition team for the new administration.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
When was the last time a 3rd ranked team was an underdog against an unranked team, and the unranked team actually goes and blows out the ranked team?

Cam Smith 3rd INT tonight. Stud!

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lol. The announcer for the Ohio State game is complaining because they don't get enough turnovers yet are top 5 in the country in 3 and outs, pass defense, not allowing big plays and sacks. Seems like nit picking.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A few weeks ago the Pac 12 was the best conference in the country. When the first playoff rankings are revealed, Stanford's gong to be their highest ranked team provided they win.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stanford won't get ahead of Clemson, tOSU, Baylor/TCU, AND LSU/Bama especially if Bama wins.

Sep 19, 2008
Stanford won't get ahead of Clemson, tOSU, Baylor/TCU, AND LSU/Bama especially if Bama wins.

I think that Virginia Tech had been good for so long that many people didn't expect them to decline like this, but in the back of everyone's heads it was there, this notion that this team was so dominant in conference for so many years, regularly won 10 win games, program with some of the most wins between 2001-2009...but if you dominate, you also have to go through the tough years of rebuilding, and rebuilding for many is just something a lot of people here aren't used to, especially when the program has hit so many lows and threatens to miss a bowl game for the first time in over two decades. For many people this season and the last 3 in particular have not lived up to the high, lofty expectations set by Coach Beamer himself.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think that Virginia Tech had been good for so long that many people didn't expect them to decline like this, but in the back of everyone's heads it was there, this notion that this team was so dominant in conference for so many years, regularly won 10 win games, program with some of the most wins between 2001-2009...but if you dominate, you also have to go through the tough years of rebuilding, and rebuilding for many is just something a lot of people here aren't used to, especially when the program has hit so many lows and threatens to miss a bowl game for the first time in over two decades. For many people this season and the last 3 in particular have not lived up to the high, lofty expectations set by Coach Beamer himself.

It was there for a few years, they were just content with keeping the bowl streak alive and beating Virginia, which works if you're only recruiting in Virginia.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Valpo lost to somebody called Stetson University today. Their logo is a hat. I can't even
athletics-logo.jpg

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
1. Ohio St. (8-0)
2. LSU (7-0)
3. TCU (7-0)
4. Clemson (7-0)
5. Michigan St. (8-0)
6. Baylor (7-0)
7. Alabama (7-1)
8. Stanford (6-1)
9. Notre Dame (6-1)
10. Iowa (7-0)
11. Utah (6-1)
12. Florida (6-1)
13. Oklahoma St. (7-0)
14. Oklahoma (6-1)
15. Florida St. (6-1)
16. Memphis (7-0)
17. Michigan (5-2)
18. Toledo (7-0)
19. Temple (7-0)
20. Ole Miss (6-2)
21. Houston (7-0)
22. Duke (6-1)
23. UCLA (5-2)
24. Texas A&M (5-2)
25. Pittsburgh (6-1)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Baylor or TCU is going in.

Ohio State,Michigan State (and still possibly Michigan, but highly, highly doubtful) go in. Oh forgot about Iowa, but I doubt they do anything

LSU/Bama goes in.

Then you have for the 4th spot.. Clemson or Stanford (provided they win out) and then Notre dame if they get super lucky.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
And this is why the pac 12 could be the best conference, but they dont have the true dynamite team like Bama/Lsu, MSU/OSU etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->