NCAA GDT: Week 8

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Stanford won't get ahead of Clemson, tOSU, Baylor/TCU, AND LSU/Bama especially if Bama wins.

Clemson could lose to FSU(believe its in Tallahassee) TCU to me looks very weak. Baylor may have lost their QB and they do have the head to head game. I think Bama wins but I'm not sold they win the SEC. If they finish tied with Ole Miss then they don't even go to Atlanta. Even if they do I think Florida could beat them. Coker won't be able to beat that day. Henry will need a bigger day than today. Ohio State is my team and they haven't looked up to par but I blame Urban starting Cardale. Never made any sense. They have it going now. The Michigan game worries me because its a rivalry on the road. If they get past that they should be fine. Championship weekend could be big this year. Last year we kinda knew the deal. The only way someone was getting bumped was if what happened did. Ohio State impressed. This year I think its a bit more clear. Ohio State and Clemson win out. If the Baylor/TCU winner wins out they are in. I don't think they'll take a 2 loss team. So Stanford needs to hope the SEC winner has 2 losses.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
1. Ohio St. (8-0)
2. LSU (7-0)
3. TCU (7-0)
4. Clemson (7-0)
5. Michigan St. (8-0)
6. Baylor (7-0)
7. Alabama (7-1)
8. Stanford (6-1)
9. Notre Dame (6-1)
10. Iowa (7-0)
11. Utah (6-1)
12. Florida (6-1)
13. Oklahoma St. (7-0)
14. Oklahoma (6-1)
15. Florida St. (6-1)
16. Memphis (7-0)
17. Michigan (5-2)
18. Toledo (7-0)
19. Temple (7-0)
20. Ole Miss (6-2)
21. Houston (7-0)
22. Duke (6-1)
23. UCLA (5-2)
24. Texas A&M (5-2)
25. Pittsburgh (6-1)

Are these you're or just guessing? If they aren't yours man WTF. Baylor has been more impressive than TCU. LSU has been okay but tonight is the first time they looked okay against an inferior opponent. It was even 17-13 late in the 3rd.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Baylor or TCU is going in.

Ohio State,Michigan State (and still possibly Michigan, but highly, highly doubtful) go in. Oh forgot about Iowa, but I doubt they do anything

LSU/Bama goes in.

Then you have for the 4th spot.. Clemson or Stanford (provided they win out) and then Notre dame if they get super lucky.

Not necessarily. The top 3 there in your post if the loser winner than loses than they are out likely.

I just will never understand how nd gets such special treatment. They haven't best anybody. They lost their one good game team played. They were ranked way too high based off of nothing.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Not necessarily. The top 3 there in your post if the loser winner than loses than they are out likely.

I just will never understand how nd gets such special treatment. They haven't best anybody. They lost their one good game team played. They were ranked way too high based off of nothing.

Because theyre "gods children" I honestly don't know.

I mean, Rankings should go off last season imo. Prove you should be there.

Notre dame went like 8 and 4 last season or 7 and 5 and start like in the top 10. Stupid.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Jarrett Stidham was the nation's #1 DT QB last year. With that line, rb's and wr's, they will be alright. Seth Russell was a terribly inconsistent passer. I think Stidham will improve the efficiency. And FSU has to go to Death Valley to play Clemson this year.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The early rankings just put numbers to what people think anyway. Whether there's rankings or not, people will look at a Notre Dame 4-0 differently than a Toledo 4-0, a Florida 4-0 differently than a Memphis 4-0. In a sport where schedules are so unbalanced and most teams never play each other, preconceptions and 'eyeball tests' will always be a major factor.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The early rankings just put numbers to what people think anyway. Whether there's rankings or not, people will look at a Notre Dame 4-0 differently than a Toledo 4-0, a Florida 4-0 differently than a Memphis 4-0. In a sport where schedules are so unbalanced and most teams never play each other, preconceptions and 'eyeball tests' will always be a major factor.

This is why Baylor has to run the table every year. The OOC is trash but at the time they were made Baylor was a 6-7 win team.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
There was a time, not that long ago, when Baylor was what Kansas is today and that perception is pretty difficult to correct.

But they are a good example of what happens when a fairly wealthy school with a lot of donors lands a good coach and then basically gives him whatever he wants to keep him. TCU is pretty much the same. People often underestimate how much of a difference it makes to have an entrenched program with well-oiled mechanisms rather than going through frequent coaching changes.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Philadelphia would be a far more unusual location for Gameday than Pullman.

Pullman is a little college town somewhere in the boonies which is basically where Gameday is the majority of times. Philadelphia is a massive city and Temple is pretty much in the hood. That's quite outside the Gameday comfort zone.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I remember one of the first times I looked at Google Maps I searched for Pullman and was quite surprised to see just how far away it is from, well anything really.

member 51464

Washington state has probably my favorite helmet logo of any football team.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Depending on your argument...Florida has a tougher schedule than ND but I get your point. I love college football but scheduling isn't equal and unlike basketball there is no true tournament to prove a point. I think we'd all agree an undefeated Memphis or Toledo won't be in the playoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->