Post-Game Talk: Week 4 - PATRIOTS now 2-2 - Denver next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Team should bring in Hakeem Butler just for a look. Need some more weapons and IDK if I can see this team prying a WR from any team........

Julio Jones is the pipe dream

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yeah, I think Byrd's problem was that he should have kept cutting across the field instead of going deeper. I'd put a decent amount of blame on both of them, but I can appreciate that Byrd got open deep and Stidham was willing to take a chane on the deep throw even if it didn't work out.

Ya I mean you're down 16, so why not take the shot.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I like what Cam has done so far but he's not exactly an accurate passer. Defense on the other hand was excellent tonight. They will need to carry the team.

If Harris can complement Newton in the run game that is a huge development.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
As far as I'm aware, Edelman is still the only WR on this team who can consistently get open. I'd be fine if they had taken the route of selling and looking for the best draft pick they can get, but Belichick was never going to do that and if Cam can get back to health quickly, they're going to battle for a playoff spot.

@Seattle and @Kansas City were always going to be their toughest games of the season. 2-2 is what the expectation should have been and I feel a lot better about this team than I did a month ago.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-10-5_22-0-24.png

Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Overall synopsis of the game from Evil Dead:

-The defense played well until they couldn't continue to bail out the offense.

-Brian Hoyer was ass. Complete and unmitigated ass. I hope he never starts again.

-Stidham wasn't as bad I feared, but he wasn't good. That under throw to Byrd was the drizzling shits. That said, the pick six was on Edelman not Stidham. Overall he was decent but I need to see more.

-Damien Harris looked good and probably took Sony Michel's job.

-Tony Corrente is a f***ing awful referee.

Overall this game was a nightmare and I hope Cam gets healthy soon because without him, the game against Denver will be brutal.

Last edited:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Looking ahead to next week's game against Denver, I think it's probably important to remember that they spent the entire week preparing as if Cam was going to start. The offense was super vanilla and they didn't even really use creative trick plays at the end when they were down two scores. This week we can assume Stidham is going to start (pending COVID), though, ironically, he statistically had a worse night than Hoyer. Stidham will get the 1st team reps. The offensive gameplan will be about what Stidham does best.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How many times are you going to post this before you realize that they aren’t signing a guy who hasn’t played in 2 years, no matter how much you like him. He has had workouts with teams since, there is a reason why he’s still a free agent at this point.

Ya time to forget about dez

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Imagine not knowing enough about football to actually blame that on Byrd for his QB throwing it 15 yards short.
Imagine thinking that this was a good reply? Was it a good throw? No but the receiver also needs to track the ball and go back to it if it's short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad