Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 23: Post Trade Deadline. New Players, New Team, And A 3 Game Canadian Roadie. @Flamers, @Van, and @McJesus

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Surely they don’t load up the top line with Lekhonen out.
1000030940.gif

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You mean surely they do, right?

This is Jared Bednar. He will run his top guys into the ground, and if talent is thin, he will put all his eggs in one basket.

Rightly or wrongly, we should know how he operates by now.

He did eventually split up 9296, but it took a long time. We'll see..

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Cale's an example of overplaying the stars too.

Though they've dialed his 5v5 minutes back a lot this year. My guess is to manage what's likely his hip injury that didn't heal over the off season, that he's been playing through.

He'll have to play more though now, because Bo averaged 37 more seconds than Cale at 5v5 this year and was 2nd on the team behind Toews, and last year Bo was 1st.

Hopefully he's ready to play heavy minutes again. A lot rides on the play from him and Toews.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Cale's an example of overplaying the stars too.

Though they've dialed his 5v5 minutes back a lot this year. My guess is to manage what's likely his hip injury that didn't heal over the off season, that he's been playing through.

He'll have to play more though now, because Bo averaged 37 more seconds than Cale at 5v5 and was 2nd on the team, and last year Bo was 1st.

Hopefully he's ready to play heavy minutes again. A lot rides on the play from him and Toews.

His name is Sean Walker..

Or is he already injured as well?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Kovalenko kept dual citizenship, right? No visa needed to start playing, just Bednar's trust, right?

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

I believe once you're born in the US, you're always an American citizen

I don’t know what the birthright rules are in the US but I do know you have to go through a whole complicated process to actually renounce US citizenship. I’ve known a lot of duals and a few of them who had it (either because of their parents or birthright - not sure which) but had spent basically their whole lives in Canada ended up going through the process because they were sick of having to file an American tax return as well. It’s a big enough pain that most people don’t do it unless they’re going to end up paying taxes to a country they never intend to live in

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Any Finn bros here, what time is the game tonight? US changed clocks..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad