Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 23: Post Trade Deadline. New Players, New Team, And A 3 Game Canadian Roadie. @Flamers, @Van, and @McJesus

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The LOC news is unfortunate but honestly if Landy comes back I still think our forwards are absolutely dynamite.

Lehky - Mack - Mikko
Landy* - Mittelstadt - Nuke
Drouin - Colton - Wood
Parise - Trenin - Duhaime

And to still have a legit NHLer like Cogs as your 13th forward at that point. With guys have played 40+ games this year even behind Cogs in Olofsson/Kiviranta. A lot of similarities to the 2022 team IMO. If Mittelstadt can replace most of what we lost in Kadri.

We'll see on Kovalenko as well if he's healthy but I have a hard time seeing him fitting into this lineup in the playoffs quite frankly. Don't think he's going to beat any of those 12 out for a spot.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The LOC news is unfortunate but honestly if Landy comes back I still think our forwards are absolutely dynamite.

Lehky - Mack - Mikko
Drouin - Colton - Wood

And to still have a legit NHLer like Cogs as your 13th forward at that point. With guys have played 40+ games this year even behind Cogs in Olofsson/Kiviranta. A lot of similarities to the 2022 team IMO. If Mittelstadt can replace most of what we lost in Kadri.

We'll see on Kovalenko as well if he's healthy but I have a hard time seeing him fitting into this lineup in the playoffs quite frankly. Don't think he's going to beat any of those 12 out for a spot.
I bet we'll see a lot of rotation with those bottom 6 guys, although Wags and Kivi seem like the odd men out once Parise and Kovalenko are both available. I also think they'll give Kovalenko every opportunity to crack the lineup. Would think he should join the team when they return from Canada (can't imagine he'll get here soon enough to join them up there.)

Reactions: niwotsblessing

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Lehky - Mack - Mikko
Drouin - Colton - Wood

I’m most optimistic about Landy coming back in the playoffs, but every time I get my hopes up, his return date keeps getting pushed back. At this point we just have to go with assumption he’s not coming back, and if he does it’s a big bonus. So in that lineup of yours we can replace Landy with Drouin, and put Kovalenko on the 3rd line

Reactions: Balthazar

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
If we can’t beat the Canucks on the B2B, please at least just let Duhaime/Trenin/Wood loose to knock some guys straight into next week

Even with the game the night before will have a chance if Demko left cause he’s injured and not just because they’d essentially already one the game

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If we can’t beat the Canucks on the B2B, please at least just let Duhaime/Trenin/Wood loose to knock some guys straight into next week

Even with the game the night before will have a chance if Demko left cause he’s injured and not just because they’d essentially already one the game
We definitely can’t beat the Nucks if bunch of players are gonna be out sick

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Realistic* lineup:

Lehky - Mack - Rants
Drouin - Mitts - Nuke
Wood - Colton - Parise
Duhaime - Cogs - Trenin

Toews - Makar
Girard - Walker
Johnson - Manson

* Realistic = no Landy, no Kovalenko, Trenin plays on the wing and Rants is playing with Mack.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I’m most optimistic about Landy coming back in the playoffs, but every time I get my hopes up, his return date keeps getting pushed back. At this point we just have to go with assumption he’s not coming back, and if he does it’s a big bonus. So in that lineup of yours we can replace Landy with Drouin, and put Kovalenko on the 3rd line
I never expected to see Landeskog play again tbh.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Here's an important Rules clarification from the NHL:

Goalie Interference Guidelines.jpeg

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The echo in chamber from this board drown out the 12-18 months time line provided. Ball and landy were two of the first professional sports athletes to have this done… I am old enough to remember when the ACL surgery came to professional athletes

Reactions: the_fan

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
There's just no way we win any of these games. Kadri's gonna go nuts tomorrow and get 4 points on his own. 2nd of a back to back at Vancouver potentially playing the backup means we're getting shutout and then to top it all off, in Edmonton against McJesus where he'll definitely take the scoring lead from MacK if he hasn't already done so by that point.

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad