Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 23: Post Trade Deadline. New Players, New Team, And A 3 Game Canadian Roadie. @Flamers, @Van, and @McJesus

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm convinced you "two" are the same person arguing the extreme opposite opinions with yourself.

ef0abbab2978a3a7f2b113799d856faf151795ed.gifv

This is my new head cannon going forward

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Nuke practicing on the top line, I wonder if Bednar is going back to that.

Nuke-Mack-Mikko
Lehky-Mitts-Drouin
Wood-Colton-Trenin
Duhaime-Cogs-Kivi
Olofsson

Injured - Parise
Wildcards - Landeskog, Kovalenko

You’d like to see the news guys get some continuity and practice with their game day lines but doesn’t look like that’s happening with the injuries and illness.
Yikes! I think that second line would be awful.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
It still dunks on the second line we had pre-deadline.

There’s really no reason for Nuke, MacK, and Mikko to play on the same line though, unless maybe against Edmonton to have them go up against McDavid.
WTF is Mikko going to do against McJesus? Glide around the defensive zone while he scores? Dude has demonstrated exactly zero GAF this season.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
What the HELL did I just read mate? o_O I'm sorry, but I don't see a solitary loss in there?
Wednesday is going to be a clash for the ages - Sea Eagles positivity vs the cause I bring upon this team every time I watch them in Van

I expect nothing but rooting for you to win out on this one. Want to see my first win there since 2014

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Interested to see who starts tonight. I would think if AnnuNONE is healthy, he'll get the start tonight, and Fourgiev starts tomorrow night.

As for winning in Van, I can't see it on 2nd half of B2B with travel, and Van not having played since last Thursday. In fact, I feel like the games vs Van and Oil are both going to be epic beatdowns.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
VAN will not have Demko so hopefully that will help considering we play them on a B2B.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
It still dunks on the second line we had pre-deadline.

There’s really no reason for Nuke, MacK, and Mikko to play on the same line though, unless maybe against Edmonton to have them go up against McDavid.
I am no coach but I still feel like the best use of talent is going to be this. Unfortunately, I also feel like it is the last thing Bednar might actually try.

Drouin - MacK - Nuke
Lehky - Mitts - Mikko

Last edited:

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
We need to win all games but I really want to win the game against Vancouver. We almost need to let Calgary win this one in our desire to see someone knock Vegas out of the playoffs even if that hope is dwindling by the day.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yikes! I think that second line would be awful.
I don't think that's necessarily ideal but I don't think it'd be awful either, especially if Mitts is as good defensively as they say. The only issue I see there is that you have two guys in Mitts and Jo who really like to pass the puck, someone's gotta shoot it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad