Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 23: Post Trade Deadline. New Players, New Team, And A 3 Game Canadian Roadie. @Flamers, @Van, and @McJesus

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

This would be a nice set of reinforcements for the Oilers game on Saturday.

giphy.gif

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

Might just not be interested in having a bunch of annoying undergrads show up. Taught a film crew a big lesson about how to make sure you’ve actually closed everything and not just both ends of the street when some friends and I walked right into the middle of a shoot years ago because they never bothered to block off one of the walking paths. If you know what you’re doing you can find where all the film shoots there are and before CGI took over got to watch them do explosions and everything

Reactions: BrickNHL

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
According to some Avs fans, trading Rantanen could be a competitive boon to the team, because he's a floater and had a couple bad series. We should jettison him while his value is high. :sarcasm:

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Can someone teach me about the goals saved above expected stat? Is it as simple as it sounds? What goes into it?

Because Justus is #1 in the league for goals saved above expected per 60 with a minimum of 5 games (yes, I know he’s only played 7). Homeboy Georgie is 27th…

Reactions: missionAvs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Can someone teach me about the goals saved above expected stat? Is it as simple as it sounds? What goes into it?

Because Justus is #1 in the league for goals saved above expected per 60 with a minimum of 5 games (yes, I know he’s only played 7). Homeboy Georgie is 27th…
It is just a comparison to the league average. If league average is .915 and a goalie has faced 1000 shots giving up 75 goals… we have 10 GSAA. The per is just divided by minutes then multiplied by 60. Now each area has a different average and you can narrow down 5v5, total, PP, PK etc. but that’s the stat.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

No one was expecting Justus to be as good as he is.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Could also put together a pretty hefty goon squad with Dale Hunter, Jeff Odgers, Tie Domi, etc..

One of these days I want to bust out an NHL game and just create different all-time rosters for the Avs for S&Gs.
Chris simon, Peter worrell, Scott Parker too!

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Man, I see so many different options for this forward group when they get some kind of health.

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Nichushkin
Duhaime - Mittelstadt - Rantanen
Drouin - Colton - Parise
Wood - Cogs - Trenin

I honestly wouldn’t even mind riding with Duhaime on line 2 as a fast forechecking guy and just spreading the wealth around the lineup. Especially if you have Rantanen and Mittelstadt on go with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad