Pre-Game Talk: Week 2 (@CBJ, @BUF, CAL)

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Anybody else watching the Sabres beat the Knights right now?

Getting outshot but making the most of their chances. Very scrappy team. Will give us a fight, that’s for sure.
At least ROR wont get his guaranteed 3 points on us. But Eichel is looking good early.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If Landeskog is in a boot he won't be playing for at least two weeks. Unless he uses viking healing.

They should put Kerfoot on the top line, Kemenev on the second with Jost.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The boot might just be helpful when he's out at the baseball game. We have no idea what the actual injury is lol

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I get the impression the boot and any time he takes off from games is precautionary. A short term injury that could be much worse if he risks injuring it more.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This isn't anything new with Landy. He plays through something virtually every season. Dude gets banged up the way he plays.

Hopefully it does not impede his ability to contribute to that line. We've see a lot of things hes played through impede his ability to score, but they need his physical play down low, and his ability to dig out pucks.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
For some reason I thought the game was at 7 tonight, I have to find a way to leave work by 4:30 now -_-

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Looks like Landy is ready to go.

I mean i hope this is Landy. With helmets i always confuse him and

tom-hanks-wilson-jpg--6d9ab3826ca360db-.jpg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really hope Kamanev gets his shot soon. I hate this don't change a lineup after a win mentality. I get not tinkering with established lines, But swapping out 5 minutes of Dries isn't going to change anything.

I'm perfectly fine with this, Dries has played well even in the 5 minutes he's been on. Let Kamenev watch 1 or 2 games before they put him in, I imagine he'll see time at some point during the road trip.

And they'll be playing 11 of their first 17 games on the road, so even if he doesn't get in here, he'll get in eventually.

Reactions: MacBradley

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If there's something nagging with Landeskog, I'd personally err on the side of caution. It's the 3rd game of the season, no point in aggravating something or turning a minor injury into a major injury this early on.

Points are very important but I would probably sit him out at least tonight, if not both games on this road trip.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm perfectly fine with this, Dries has played well even in the 5 minutes he's been on. Let Kamenev watch 1 or 2 games before they put him in, I imagine he'll see time at some point during the road trip.

And they'll be playing 11 of their first 17 games on the road, so even if he doesn't get in here, he'll get in eventually.

It just doesn't make sense to me asset managment wise, Dries has zero future on this team, yes he's fine. But he doesn't bring anything aside from not being awful. There is actual upside to Kamanev's game, offensively as well as defensively. So what happens if the Avs go on a winning streak? Do you just keep riding the same line up, and avoid putting in the more talented player, because he hasn't gotten up to game speed already? He's only going to get adjusted to the NHL pace by playing with better players and better competition, rip off the bandaid and play your best possible lineup. There's nothing left for 91 in the AHL or in the press box.

Reactions: McMetal

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not sure it is really fair to label Dries as a zero future player...

Reactions: Avs

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
If there's something nagging with Landeskog, I'd personally err on the side of caution. It's the 3rd game of the season, no point in aggravating something or turning a minor injury into a major injury this early on.

Points are very important but I would probably sit him out at least tonight, if not both games on this road trip.

Tell that to my fantasy team and see how they react! :mad:

Haha, I'm kidding though. Obviously what is best for him...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Do you honestly see him as having enough upside to keep a roster spot without blocking someone in the depth chart you'd rather get his icetime?

I do... He is undersized and has a battle in front of him, but he has some talent to go with tenacity and willingness to be a role guy. He went to a good AHL team as a guy who wasn't getting any preferential treatment by the org, and ended up winning a big role on the team. Yeah he may not have as much talent as Kamenev, but he isn't talentless either. Kamenev isn't so uber talented that he deserves preferential treatment over a player who has earned a shot.

Reactions: Tru

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It just doesn't make sense to me asset managment wise, Dries has zero future on this team, yes he's fine. But he doesn't bring anything aside from not being awful. There is actual upside to Kamanev's game, offensively as well as defensively. So what happens if the Avs go on a winning streak? Do you just keep riding the same line up, and avoid putting in the more talented player, because he hasn't gotten up to game speed already? He's only going to get adjusted to the NHL pace by playing with better players and better competition, rip off the bandaid and play your best possible lineup. There's nothing left for 91 in the AHL or in the press box.

Funny how you would prefer the guy who straight up sucked when asked to play in the NHL over a guy who did well.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I do... He is undersized and has a battle in front of him, but he has some talent to go with tenacity and willingness to be a role guy. He went to a good AHL team as a guy who wasn't getting any preferential treatment by the org, and ended up winning a big role on the team. Yeah he may not have as much talent as Kamenev, but he isn't talentless either. Kamenev isn't so uber talented that he deserves preferential treatment over a player who has earned a shot.
Fair enough, I trust your evaluations of players, and maybe I just haven't seen enough of him to appreciate whats there. I don't think it's only about talent level, yeah I like Kamenev's skill game, I think he's a really smart player over all. This team has been lacking those heady types of players for so long, why would you not take advantage of everything you have. I think my issue is more with Bednar sometimes playing it too safe with roster decisions. I'm sure a lot of that is just optics from the outside, but it can get damn frustrating as a fan.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Funny how you would prefer the guy who straight up sucked when asked to play in the NHL over a guy who did well.
When did he straight up suck? He played one game last year and got hurt. One game in a rookie tournament where he just didnt shine? Preseason when the majority of the roster was youth and he still was making solid plays all over the ice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad