Pre-Game Talk: Week 2 (@CBJ, @BUF, CAL)

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Calgary is pretty good but I like our chances to beat all 3 teams. This team is going to be scary when the 1st line really starts to produce again.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Three easy teams. If we can go 3-0, playoff chances look promising.

Senators are playing Bruins, Flyers, Kings and Stars. I think they'll go 0.500. Hoping for worse.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So I assume that the Avs will recall a player from the Eagles, either a Kamenev or O'Connor, to travel on the road. It would seem like a really bizarre move to travel with no available extra players.

Reactions: MarkT

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
So I assume that the Avs will recall a player from the Eagles, either a Kamenev or O'Connor, to travel on the road. It would seem like a really bizarre move to travel with no available extra players.

You'd think. Might as well also call up Lindholm in case Nemeth is still banged up

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Only 2 games in so probably not worth reading too much into these stats yet.... But, Avs are very much in the area you want to be in when it comes to these stats right now.

NHL.com - Stats

What's more impressive is the Avs have played with a lead or tied almost all season so far, which usually means the other teams are applying a bit more pressure to try and catch up. So the fact we're a leading possession team right now while also playing with the lead a lot is a good sign.

Again, only 2 games in. But some good things to see early on for sure. Kind sucks that Hockeystats is no longer active. That site was the only one I'm aware of that tracked shot attempts and possession stats live in games.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Is it me or scoring is WAY up this year so far? Another high-scoring 8-5 game today. Toronto/Chicago is already 2-2 after one.

From last year? No, years past, yeah.

Last year the first three days opened with games of

4-3, 5-2, 5-3

7-2, 5-4, 3-0, 5-3

4-3, 3-2, 4-2, 5-4, 4-2, 10-1, 5-4, 2-0

In the next week there was 11 games that resulted in 8 goals or more total including an 8-5 game lol. A lot of those games were 9 goal totals of 6-3.

Maybe the goalie equipment cut down is working along with other things?

Reactions: Balthazar

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
5-0.
Wilson is our leading goal-scorer after five games. Kerfoot our leading overall scorer. Humble pie served out en masse to Avalanche fans who doubted them.
Sam Girard for Norris conversations start up in earnest.
Goalie controversy started by both goalies playing too good for either to lose the net.
Bednar caught smiling on the bench for o.3 seconds. Everyone denies it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad