Pre-Game Talk: Week 2 (@CBJ, @BUF, CAL)

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I'm going to the game tonight. Got a lower bowl seat for the first time woo. Last time these teams played in Buffalo both Eichel and Mackinnon were out of the lineup IIRC, so that was a bit of a downer, but it was still a good game. Can't wait to see Sam Girard v. 18-19. Watching Dahlin will be cool as well.

Reactions: Balthazar and MarkT

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Nemeth in for probably Barbs. Watch the board melt down if G or Z are scratched.

We've learned last season sitting Z for a game isn't the worst thing in the world. That dude tends to need a wake up call every now and again. Though I doubt they do it against Buffalo.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
We've learned last season sitting Z for a game isn't the worst thing in the world. That dude tends to need a wake up call every now and again. Though I doubt they do it against Buffalo.

I dunno, if they really want to send a message, you bench him for a game he really wants to play in.

Reactions: Ararana

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

While not ready for the NHL, I've gotta say Dries impressed me at times while watching him play. Glad he got his cup of coffee and I hope that spending the rest of the year in the AHL will really help him round out his game. Nice to have depth pieces like him down in the AHL simmering away and hopefully getting better.

Reactions: MacBradley

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Next game's at home so may as well give him some time. Dude just got engaged so I'm sure he's happy no matter where he is.

How's this stuff work at the AHL/ECHL level? I assume a guy doesn't have to clear waivers to be demoted to the AA league. Do the Eagles have to boot a guy every time the Avs send someone down or do they have some leeway?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Next game's at home so may as well give him some time. Dude just got engaged so I'm sure he's happy no matter where he is.

How's this stuff work at the AHL/ECHL level? I assume a guy doesn't have to clear waivers to be demoted to the AA league. Do the Eagles have to boot a guy every time the Avs send someone down or do they have some leeway?
Another soldier down. Damn.

Reactions: dahrougem2

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nieto has been ice cold to start the season. He's always been a streaky player but he's been our worst forward thus far. With Soderberg playing so well I would like to see Calvert moved up to replace Nieto for a bit, and then put Kamenev - Compher - Ghetto as a sheltered offensive 4th line, that could really pack some punch.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The Avs have a really nice schedule this year. October the only strong team we play is Tampa, the rest are bubble/basement teams to help build momentum. November and February are the only real stacked months and a total of 6 B2Bs.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The Avs have a really nice schedule this year. October the only strong team we play is Tampa, the rest are bubble/basement teams to help build momentum. November and February are the only real stacked months and a total of 6 B2Bs.
Carolina is off to a hot start though, and NJ and Philly are no soft targets either. Hopefully they can get some momentum against the Rangers and carry that through the rest of the road trip, because I can easily see it being a tough one.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Carolina is off to a hot start though, and NJ and Philly are no soft targets either. Hopefully they can get some momentum against the Rangers and carry that through the rest of the road trip, because I can easily see it being a tough one.

Oh by no means I would call them soft targets, but it's way better than having to play the Bruins, Capitals, Winnipeg, etc. early.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

October is the time of the year when bad teams win and good teams lose. That's why Bob McKenzie always say to not pay attention to the first 4 weeks.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So.. I feel like for all this depth we supposedly have in depth players. We dont actually have a lot of depth when there is always one or two guys I'd rather not have in the lineup regularly. Borq should be the 13th, not a lock. Neato should be able to be demoted to the 4th line too.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
So.. I feel like for all this depth we supposedly have in depth players. We dont actually have a lot of depth when there is always one or two guys I'd rather not have in the lineup regularly. Borq should be the 13th, not a lock. Neato should be able to be demoted to the 4th line too.
Our depth players are in the AHL, getting ready for the show.

Reactions: klozge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad