Patriots/NFL Week 2: At Miami, Pats trade Demaryius Thomas to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Man, I was way too high on the Broncos coming into the season. I didn't expect them to compete with the Chiefs or Chargers, but with Flacco replacing the garbage QBs they've had since Peyton Manning died, I figured they'd be in the 8-8 range. But I didn't realize how garbage they are at WR. Now they're getting murdered by Jon Gruden's Raiders. Eek.

Edit: That wasn't as bad as Tomlin kicking a FG last night, but why would you kick a FG down 15 with 8 minutes left? It's still a 2 score game...why are all NFL coaches other than Bill morons?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don’t you see? Flacco IS one of the garbage QB’s they’ve had since the corpse of Peyton Manning died again

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Don’t you see? Flacco IS one of the garbage QB’s they’ve had since the corpse of Peyton Manning died again

I'll always be somewhat scared of him because of the way he always managed to pull out bullcrap big clutch throws against us.

But there's no denying that he hasn't looked quite as good since he hasn't had Anquan Boldin and Steve Smith there to make circus catches for him.

Reactions: CDJ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Man, I was way too high on the Broncos coming into the season. I didn't expect them to compete with the Chiefs or Chargers, but with Flacco replacing the garbage QBs they've had since Peyton Manning died, I figured they'd be in the 8-8 range. But I didn't realize how garbage they are at WR. Now they're getting murdered by Jon Gruden's Raiders. Eek.

Edit: That wasn't as bad as Tomlin kicking a FG last night, but why would you kick a FG down 15 with 8 minutes left? It's still a 2 score game...why are all NFL coaches other than Bill morons?
Sanders/Sutton is a perfectly fine combo. Once Fant gets going they have a solid TE combo with him and Heuerman as well. And in typical Denver fashion, they have a few good RB's as well.

Their issue yet again is QB.

Flacco has never been a good QB. He won a Super Bowl thanks to PI penalties and an all world defense.

Until Denver actually drafts a decent QB prospect, they'll be mediocre to poor.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I'll always be somewhat scared of him because of the way he always managed to pull out bullcrap big clutch throws against us.

But there's no denying that he hasn't looked quite as good since he hasn't had Anquan Boldin and Steve Smith there to make circus catches for him.
I think he's the absolute bare minium QB you can win with, when he's in his prime. But you are right, you need the top tier WRs to carry him and a +++ defense. Don't think the broncos have a chance this year

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Five or so years ago, I’d watch as many NFL games as I could.

I’ve mostly lost my interest in games not involving the Patriots.

So much bad football.

Was thinking something similiar to this. However I was thinking how I saw a few weeks ago the old debate how the Pats are only good cuz of their division. But my question is what division is even hard?

AFC west the prolly split season series with Chiefs but spank everyone else
AFC south I can see them spanking all the teams but I can also see anyone of them maybe splitting a season series with the Pats
AFC north ............LOL
NFC would be harder to gauge.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Last season was my first year betting on NFL football. I won a few bets along the way too.

This season has gotten off to a good start. I keep it simple with my bets. I pick four teams to win, that's it. No lines or margins etc...

Last weekend I picked the Bills, Ravens, Eagles and Cowboys. I won 70euro (78 bucks).

I only ever view it as just a bit of fun and it makes Sunday evenings interesting during football season. I've set a target of 500euro to try and be up by at the end of the regular season.

Funny thing is I've watched rugby and Gaelic games my whole life and I've never won a single bet in either. This is my second season watching NFL and this was my fourth time winning money on it. Beginners luck I guess.

Reactions: CDJ

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The best part of this for me is that they know they work with a friggin homer lunatic and is reaching over to keep Zo in his chair before he even finishes the call and puts the binoculars down :laugh:

Reactions: Chief Nine

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Was thinking something similiar to this. However I was thinking how I saw a few weeks ago the old debate how the Pats are only good cuz of their division. But my question is what division is even hard?

AFC west the prolly split season series with Chiefs but spank everyone else
AFC south I can see them spanking all the teams but I can also see anyone of them maybe splitting a season series with the Pats
AFC north ............LOL
NFC would be harder to gauge.
I once looked it up, but threw away my notes. So I looked it up again. From 2003 to the 2017 season, the Patriots have indeed manhandled their AFC east opponents, to the tune of a .788 winning percentage. So yeah, they're a crapton better than their division. BUT, against their non-AFC East opponents, they win at .786. So, basically, they're just a crapton better than everybody.

Reactions: rfournier103

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I love Zo. As Mike said he may be a homer but he has no issue calling out the team or individual players during the broadcast or on his show.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Zo’s a gem in the broadcast booth. Not a huge fan of his sports takes outside of football but his enthusiasm and excitement are contagious when he calls Pats games

Great, unique voice too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad