Patriots/NFL Week 2: At Miami, Pats trade Demaryius Thomas to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Very well could be but I also just heard Tom Curran talk about some emails that aren't a good look for Brown? He didn't go into great detail on what he wrote to the woman.
If it’s the same text messages I read online earlier, he likely didn’t go into detail because he couldn’t understand what he read. I don’t even know what language it is.

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If it’s the same text messages I read online earlier, he likely didn’t go into detail because he couldn’t understand what he read. I don’t even know what language it is.

Yeah I had to go read other stuff real quick to make sure I wasn’t suddenly dyslexic

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Pretty much this.

The civil filing also struck me as odd.

To me, it feels like the first question that needs to be asked is whether this woman pursued criminal charges. If she did, that suggests that the prosecutor didn't think there was enough evidence to convict Brown. Based on what I've read tonight, it sounds like she didn't, or else she would have terminated her "relationship" with Brown earlier.

The burden of proof is lower in civil cases. It sounds like there could be evidence on both sides, so it's a he said, she said situation. It's likely that if there's enough evidence, this will be settled out of court.

We know that Goodell can do whatever he wants, but he usually doesn't do anything immediately unless there's significant (i.e. video) evidence. That's because he cares more about the PR ****storm than anything else. This may be a distraction for Brown throughout the season, or at least as long as the court case lasts, but I doubt anything disciplinary happens this year. Patriots won't cut him unless there's actual criminal charges.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Definitely fell way too far down the rabbit hole on this one, but I decided to read the court filing. From what I can tell, the evidence is basically those emails, her telling a number of people, and a polygraph test.

She never went to the police, and given the evidence presented in the filing, it's unlikely they'd be able to convict anyway.

I'm fairly certain that polygraphs aren't admissible in court, unless both sides agree, which they wouldn't in this case. I'm sure both sides would have witnesses, so it would come down to who's more believable. Seems to me the emails are key.

Her story is certainly compelling, but it's just one side. Based on Brown's lawyer's statement, it sounds like they have evidence of her asking for money from him in the past, which wouldn't be a great look for her. I would bet it will depend on how good each side was at keeping all communication between the two.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I know we live in a very sensitive climate to anything around sexual assault, and that we have to believe women who come forward and let them tell their stories.

But I'm just gonna say it, this is so obviously fake. Nothing in the story adds up and it doesn't pass the common sense test.

Reactions: Strafer

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I know we live in a very sensitive climate to anything around sexual assault, and that we have to believe women who come forward and let them tell their stories.

But I'm just gonna say it, this is so obviously fake. Nothing in the story adds up and it doesn't pass the common sense test.

So someone on Reddit did some research, and I guess the website for the gym looks like a fake, and the address listed doesn't exist (checked this myself, and it appears to be true). Supposedly the gym shut down last year, but I haven't been able to find anything about that myself.

Not to say that that means that the allegations aren't true, but something certainly doesn't seem right here.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
There really is no right way to go about this. Brown is innocent until proven guilty. If he did it, he should be put in jail and throw away the key. If she’s extorting him and lying she should go to jail.

However as of right now Brown is innocent until proven guilty and should be allowed to maintain his job until further investigation results in more information.

Reactions: TimeZone

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
From what I read so far this seems like its all fake. From what I read she got a 1.6M investment from him but already owed the IRS 50,000 then turned around and used 300,000 of the money he sent her to buy property which she already owned.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I hate Patriot fans not the Patriots so lets make that clear LOL. If the Vulcans can catch a football then sure

over the last few years I have grown tired of Patriots fans. the fanbase has grown annoyingly cocky. at least the majority of the younger generations have. Guess they didnt watch the Pats in the 90s.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So it sounds like the Pats were blindsided by this news. Today should be interesting to say the least.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bigger questions should be does Kraft care about who puts on a Patriots jersey or what it represents? The Brand? or is it just about making the most money he can while Brady can still stand up before it all crashes and burns?

Be nice for him and BB just admit it,

Oh here we go.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
over the last few years I have grown tired of Patriots fans. the fanbase has grown annoyingly cocky. at least the majority of the younger generations have. Guess they didnt watch the Pats in the 90s.

They do win too much. Dan Shaunessy's of the world still arent used to that yet. Before Brady losing was a very comfortable culture for many. You get used to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad