Patriots/NFL Week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Matthew Slater did that a few years ago in an OT game. He was trying to choose the wind and said "we'll kick that way" but since they said kick first before direction they made them kick

Not quite the same thing, as there’s no second half in regular season OT. The confusion there was that Slater wanted to choose which side to kick the ball to, but if you win the coin toss, you only get to choose to receive or kick (or defer at the start of the game). IIRC, that was the Jets game in 2015 where they would’ve had home-field advantage and probably won a Super Bowl had they won that OT.

Dallas chose to kick instead of deferring, which apparently meant they would kick off to start the game and then allow the Rams to choose whether to kick or receive at the start of the second half. To make matters worse, they also immediately kicked the ball out of bounds. The officials don’t seem to have followed through with that absurd rule, as the Cowboys received the ball to start the second half.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I’m sure it’s been said already, but for the first time i actually looked into the evidence/information behind this latest “spygate” incident.

Seems like a lot of assumptions based off the original scandal, which was far from a straightforward case itself. Feels like a story that’s made for clicks and doesn’t have much meat to it.

It's a bad attempted remake. Huge flop

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Man losing to the Pats really damaged the Falcons franchise

67910105_10218440696381423_2212034442363404288_n.jpg

It has taken a while for the Seahawks to recover losing the SB as well.

I still can't believe the Pats lost to the Hackensack Midgets TWICE and also the Eagles.

The Pats have had a great run but it is close to the end.

That said I am grateful as all of the Boston teams' success in this century has proven what I had already known - The Boston sports video freelancers are the best of any city in the US.

Reactions: BMC

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I told myself a few years ago once Brady retired I would be done with football. Mainly because of how he had been treated by the NFL and just the media and fans in general. Disgusting that the first insult people throw is him kissing his children. Also dont want to give the NFL any more $$$$$ recent events that I probably cant talk about in here have made me sour on the league as a whole Goodell is one of the shittiest people in professional sports.

I also find it interesting that like 10 or so years ago the NBA had a bad image and they have seemed to clean it up while the NFLs whole image has become a cesspool.

After Brady is done I am too I suppose................it was a good run and I hope he gets his 7th this or next year.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
8849-22Bk-compressor.jpg

Will McDonough lived to see the Pats win one Super Bowl

Boston.com / Sports / mcdonough_obit

He would have been astounded that Foxbrough has become the Center of the NFL Universe given the history of the 'Sons of Billy Sullivan'

This episode with the Bengals just reinforces how hated the Patriots are hated west of the Hudson River.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
8849-22Bk-compressor.jpg

Will McDonough lived to see the Pats win one Super Bowl

Boston.com / Sports / mcdonough_obit

He would have been astounded that Foxbrough has become the Center of the NFL Universe given the history of the 'Sons of Billy Sullivan'

This episode with the Bengals just reinforces how hated the Patriots are hated west of the Hudson River.

I remember him from NFL coverage on NBC as a kid, though I didn't realize the journalistic credibility he had until much later.

Reactions: Fenway

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
They just need to let the dude hit rock bottom at this point. Only way he stands a chance.....

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The steroids are not a surprise or concern to me, the other part is

Or am I misinterpreting it that he popped for both?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The steroids are not a surprise or concern to me, the other part is

Or am I misinterpreting it that he popped for both?

I believe it's just one policy, so it can be either on their own or both.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille