Patriots/NFL Week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Which is why he’s no longer employed

I don't think he ever was "employed" exactly. I believe he was a contractor, since their regular video guys would have been in Foxboro at the Patriots game. Really just means that they'll never "hire" him again.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don't think he ever was "employed" exactly. I believe he was a contractor, since their regular video guys would have been in Foxboro at the Patriots game. Really just means that they'll never "hire" him again.
True. The fact that he was an independent contractor I think plays in the Pats favor.

the whole thing is absurd on all sides

Reactions: rfournier103

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: BMC and CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
If they’re gonna carry a third qb for no reason why not

I'd love to get an explanation for it. It'd be one thing if they thought Stidham wasn't ready to be the backup, but I think Kessler's been inactive every week he's been on the roster. He's not a developmental QB, and he doesn't provide the athleticism to mimic other running QBs for the scout team. Why's he here? For a team that talks about the importance of every roster spot, I can't see how you could view it as anything other than a waste.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’m sure it’s been said already, but for the first time i actually looked into the evidence/information behind this latest “spygate” incident.

Seems like a lot of assumptions based off the original scandal, which was far from a straightforward case itself. Feels like a story that’s made for clicks and doesn’t have much meat to it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd love to get an explanation for it. It'd be one thing if they thought Stidham wasn't ready to be the backup, but I think Kessler's been inactive every week he's been on the roster. He's not a developmental QB, and he doesn't provide the athleticism to mimic other running QBs for the scout team. Why's he here? For a team that talks about the importance of every roster spot, I can't see how you could view it as anything other than a waste.

From what I understand they use him to take practice reps, but in my opinion they should just use a practice squad spot on a quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad