Patriots/NFL Week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I've got to say, I'm surprised Hightower made it over Collins or Van Noy. I guess it's because Hightower is an ILB, and both Collins and Van Noy are considered OLB.

Devin McCourty is another snub.

The three of them (McCourty, Collins, and Van Noy) are all free agents after this year, so maybe it will be easier to re-sign them.

Reactions: Maine Fan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Better than Eagle and Fouts...God I hate them.

I don’t dislike Eagle, I think his voice is terrific

Dan Fouts might be a top 3 least favorite person walking the planet for me. Nobody is worse at their job than he is. f*** that guy

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I don’t dislike Eagle, I think his voice is terrific

Dan Fouts might be a top 3 least favorite person walking the planet for me. Nobody is worse at their job than he is. **** that guy

Every government employee ever just said, "hold my beer".

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hammering the under, this game could be set at o/u 25 and I’m still going under

Edit: It’s at 37. Cha Ching. I also have the bills covering 6.5, first time betting against a pats cover. I feel like the pats pull out a close game

Would be nice to see the offense pop off though

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Hammering the under, this game could be set at o/u 25 and I’m still going under

Edit: It’s at 37. Cha Ching. I also have the bills covering 6.5, first time betting against a pats cover. I feel like the pats pull out a close game

Would be nice to see the offense pop off though

Incoming offensive explosion

Reactions: CDJ

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Texans offence not doing much against the Bucs. First six drives for the Bucs, the Texans’ D and ST forced five turnovers, scored 7 points and allowed just a field goal, yet the game is tied.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've been in Tampa St Petetsburg for a month and the bucs have not lost yet
Jameis is either really good or really bad and nothing in between. I don't get it.

I think that if they surrounded him with a strong line and changed the offensive scheme a little bit, he could be worth his draft position.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Jameis is either really good or really bad and nothing in between. I don't get it.

I think that if they surrounded him with a strong line and changed the offensive scheme a little bit, he could be worth his draft position.

I drove by the tailgate party they have last week, looked pretty fun. This time I think I'm gonna stay here instead of going back to Canada and catch the baseball season, I'm half American so can work here

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Looking at the last two weeks, and the improved offensive performance, it's notable that Phillip Dorsett has basically been phased out. He'd been playing significant snaps for most of the season, but the last two weeks he's played 14% and 7% of the offensive snaps. On the other side, Harry has played over 50% of snaps both weeks.

I'm not going to say Dorsett is useless, but he doesn't offer much. He's good for about 1 good play a game, and that's it. Harry's presence also improves the running game, as he's a very good blocker.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Looking at the last two weeks, and the improved offensive performance, it's notable that Phillip Dorsett has basically been phased out. He'd been playing significant snaps for most of the season, but the last two weeks he's played 14% and 7% of the offensive snaps. On the other side, Harry has played over 50% of snaps both weeks.

I'm not going to say Dorsett is useless, but he doesn't offer much. He's good for about 1 good play a game, and that's it. Harry's presence also improves the running game, as he's a very good blocker.

Dorsett's not a bad player. But he's not a great one either, not a gamebreaker. When you had a combination of a healthy Edelman, Gronk, Gordon/Cooks, Amendola/Hogan, and or White on the field plus good blocking, he could stretch the field and get behind safeties who forgot about him. But with the banged up WR core and the OL not giving Brady any time to throw, his limitations in getting separation on routes really becomes a problem.

And in the end, anything he does, Harry can do and better. What shocks me is how Jakobi Meyers became the 3rd option over Dorsett during that spell when Edelman was in the concussion tent - and was somewhat productive. I really thought that they were going to give up on him after some of his mistakes earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad