NCAA GDT: Week 14

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
No they dont. MSU will keep it close. Bama will probably win though. Unless MSU is losing before the 4th quarter. Then it gets interesting.

The only big bowl game that are going to have murderers in them are

Ohio State destroying ND, and Oklahoma destorying Clemson (unless ACC refs)

ACC refs will call Oklahoma offsides on every big play. :laugh:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Happy that Bama are playing Michigan State, however I still hate that it's the late game on New Year's Eve. Needless to say, the wife won't be happy about that one bit as we went to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl and to celebrate the New Year, but we are not going to go to Dallas.

Who knows where I'll be watching this, but hopefully the Alumni group here does a New Year's Party so I can go to that.

Ohio State - ND might be a good matchup. I think ND is better than people think.

I think Oklahoma will beat Clemson. Nothing against the Tigers, but before they announced the match ups, the Sooners were the only team I really didn't want to play.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Not real life football related, but saw something about EA Sports bringing back the NCAA Football series in 2017.

YAHOO.gif

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Former USC Football Coach’s $30 Million Lawsuit Could Go All The Way

He was fired in October for alcohol abuse.

At the University of Southern California, football is a way of life. So it caused a major stir when the school fired its head coach, Steve Sarkisian, in October after he reportedly showed up intoxicated to an alumni event and to a team practice. In his place, offensive coordinator Clay Helton took over as interim head coach, and then as permanent coach after the team went 5-3 under his watch. The drama somewhat settled down—until now.
http://fortune.com/2015/12/07/steve-sarkisian-lawsuit-usc/

Are AL and OH ST gonna fight over him someday. He's an alcoholic and he sued his school!?! We just got to have him! ;)

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
under California law they cannot fire him if he was going to seek help for his alcoholism. No matter what anyone thinks of the guy, he cannot be fired under state law under those circumstances.
My bet the case gets settled out of court.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Going forward, the Big 12 will require its members to schedule at least one game from another Power 5 conference or Notre Dame every year.

member 51464

It just means the Big XII considers them a P5-level school while not thinking the same of other independents.

member 51464

Also, when does it go into effect? Aren't the next few seasons already locked into place?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Correct :laugh:

I'm still not sure why you bring it up like it's a bad thing?

I bet you when the Big 12 starts this. The bigger schools will be playing at neutral sites. Makes sense when you think of the $$ involved.

Well no, as of right now.

ND/Cal/LSU/Michigan/tOSU/USC

we all have home and homes with.

Pretty excited about the USC one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad