NCAA GDT: Week 14

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Why ND? They have like no history with any of the Big XII schools that I can recall off the top of my head?

Because its the overrated nd is why. 2 plays away from being #1 in the nation (lol) but also few plays away form losing to Virginia, Boston College. Georgia Tech.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Remember the elite team they had in 2012 that needed like 4 OT's to beat Purdue at home :laugh:

I think that was Pittsburgh. But that team kind of deserved its spot. Idk tho, They were overrated and Bama proved it. Since then they have been around the 16/20 range or out of the top 25 in my mind. Next year they could have easily missed a bowl game
In 2014 they beat nobody and were like top 10 at the florida state game i think, They beat Rice, Michigan (not a bowl team that year), Purdue, Syracuse, Stanford (refs) North Carolina (barely) and then kept losing. Not due to injuries either. Most of their losses they choked away

And in 2015 they were average. Above Average Ofence, Below average dfence (maybe bad actually). Only ranked teams they beat were teams that are barely in there. Probably out of it by the end of bowl season. Almost lost to Virginia, Boston College, Georgia Tech

But I guess a field goal win over LSU means ur top 10 lol (i think thats how they determine next years rankings in a way)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
whats wrong with texas, they have like top 5 recruiting classes but are barely bowl eligible (not even this year). Is it their coach or something?

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
whats wrong with texas, they have like top 5 recruiting classes but are barely bowl eligible (not even this year). Is it their coach or something?

Texas is an odd one for sure. recruiting hot bed, your own network, great history and facilities, great town (Austin), yet you are currently probably the 5th best team in your state?

TCU
Baylor (When QB is healthy)
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
...Texas?

Same thing with Florida, who is also in a major recruiting hot bed. Up until this year, they have been in a major slump with Miami. Without FSU, they whole state would be in ruins.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
....if you have to pay for what co-eds are freely giving away to tOSU players......bad choice, son.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...otball-report-adolphus-washington-soliciation

Ohio State's Adolphus Washington has had a stellar senior season for Ohio State, but a recent incident could complicate his ability to play in his final game as a Buckeye. According to ABC6, Washington was cited Wednesday evening for a first-degree misdemeanor charge of solicitation.

Per ABC6, Ohio State spokesman Jerry Emig confirmed the report, and stated that Washington is scheduled to appear in court on December 17. Per Emig, "Disciplinary action will be handled internally."

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
An impossibility, I know, but what would happen if Army or Navy went undefeated and was in the playoff mix. They still have one game after the playoff selection!!!

I guess the committee would leave a spot open for them, if they win they're in, if they lose, the first one out originally is in.

If either Navy or Army ever became playoff good, I would think there would be discussion about moving that game up to conference championship Saturday.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Army or Navy if they go undefeated would probably be in. As long as Army joins a conference anyway.

They need to expand the playoffs to 6 teams at least tough. Power five winners (unless you have 3 losses or your schedule is weak and you have 2) and the other best team

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
What a disaster the Aggies are. Kyler Murray is awful. Terrible. Kyle Allen is a big time talent and headed to Cal.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
What a disaster the Aggies are. Kyler Murray is awful. Terrible. Kyle Allen is a big time talent and headed to Cal.

Everyone here keeps thinking that Kyler Murray is amazing and keeps pushing for him, when he is actually terrible. He is also not around for spring football to improve since he also place baseball. I heard that Murray was promised playing time when recruited, that's why he tends to get more playing time than he should. Hubenak our third string will have alot of first team minutes from practice and could see him doing better than Murray next season. People here tend to support Murray more due to his success in High School and also that he is from Texas. Our offense was so bad this season and will be way worse now. :(

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Everyone here keeps thinking that Kyler Murray is amazing and keeps pushing for him, when he is actually terrible. He is also not around for spring football to improve since he also place baseball. I heard that Murray was promised playing time when recruited, that's why he tends to get more playing time than he should. Hubenak our third string will have alot of first team minutes from practice and could see him doing better than Murray next season. People here tend to support Murray more due to his success in High School and also that he is from Texas. :(

Sumlin's arrogance and ego just forced his starting QB to transfer to either Cal or Oklahoma. Kyle Allen should've been shut down after he hurt his shoulder against Miss St. He played Ole Miss with a separated shoulder and missed 22 throws in a row. He shouldn't have been playing. I've never been high on Murray. He played on a loaded HS team and inflated his numbers. He's tiny and has little arm talent.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Sumlin's arrogance and ego just forced his starting QB to transfer to either Cal or Oklahoma. Kyle Allen should've been shut down after he hurt his shoulder against Miss St. He played Ole Miss with a separated shoulder and missed 22 throws in a row. He shouldn't have been playing. I've never been high on Murray. He played on a loaded HS team and inflated his numbers. He's tiny and has little arm talent.

He didn't play so well in the Under Armour All-American game. I knew he will be one of those players that just thrive off of weaker opposition in high school but won't be able to perform the same against equally good oppositions.

Oh well, everyone's already on the Murray train.
trainwreck.gif

Next season is going to be brutal.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Because its the overrated nd is why. 2 plays away from being #1 in the nation (lol) but also few plays away form losing to Virginia, Boston College. Georgia Tech.

GT was ranked when we played them. I just saw they were 3-9 this year. Yeesh.

And it's not like Tennessee ran OU and Bama down to the wire or anything. Oh, they totally did.

We're not playoff caliber this year, but we did pretty ****ing good for doing our best representation of CFB's version of M.A.S.H.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection from the Army-Navy game. Thank you for your service, Gentlemen :yo:. And thus, my final report of 2015 :cry:.

Factoid: Lee is now 4-10 on the year after his successful "Sparta" pick last week.

Bonus Factoid: The illustrious Finebaum declared the U's hiring of Richt as the best off-season coaching hire thus far :yo:

Sign of the Day: "Navy has small decks" :biglaugh:

Runner up Sign of the Day: "I'm Asian" (IX, did you take a roadtrip? :laugh:)

Celebrity Picker: Legendary Dallas Cowboys & Navy QB Roger Staubach, who of course is going with the Naval Academy

Lee: Has left the set.......is in the truck with the live Navy goat mascot & says this is an easy pick as he dons the goat head of Navy :biglaugh:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I tell ya, this rivalry is one of the best. The signs before the game, the march on,the flyover, the battle, the alma maters after the game, wow!

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I can't be the only one disappointed at a couple 5-7 teams making it into bowl games..why not just give everyone participation trophies as well...I know it's because of money, but when there are so many bowl games that a majority of D1 schools will get into one regardless, it just seems cheap IMO.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Corso's Headgear Selection from the Army-Navy game. Thank you for your service, Gentlemen :yo:. And thus, my final report of 2015 :cry:.

Factoid: Lee is now 4-10 on the year after his successful "Sparta" pick last week.

Bonus Factoid: The illustrious Finebaum declared the U's hiring of Richt as the best off-season coaching hire thus far :yo:

Sign of the Day: "Navy has small decks" :biglaugh:

Runner up Sign of the Day: "I'm Asian" (IX, did you take a roadtrip? :laugh:)

Celebrity Picker: Legendary Dallas Cowboys & Navy QB Roger Staubach, who of course is going with the Naval Academy

Lee: Has left the set.......is in the truck with the live Navy goat mascot & says this is an easy pick as he dons the goat head of Navy :biglaugh:

I liked this one personally :laugh:

12342301_1084691404908488_4131893094946157477_n.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty soon there's going to be no college football and that is horrifying.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I can't be the only one disappointed at a couple 5-7 teams making it into bowl games..why not just give everyone participation trophies as well...I know it's because of money, but when there are so many bowl games that a majority of D1 schools will get into one regardless, it just seems cheap IMO.

I mean, if they're going to go with teams with losing records getting in to bowls, I flat out want to see the battle of epic futility: Kansas vs UCF!

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Watching Trojan War now, holy crap. "4th and 5 with the National Championship on the line". This may have turned into my favourite 30 for 30.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad