NCAA GDT: Week 14

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'm not huge on yards but that is nitpicking if you take out the last drive where they went 80+ yards(that's where you get your big separation factor)they didn't do much and one of their FGs came off a fumble where they didn't move it much. Before the TD drive they had one solid drive that led to an Iowa goal line stand)

They might win the national championship just because luck is on their side. They will slip into averageland very quickly. They wont beat OSU or Michigan next year. Unlesss for some reason OSU takes them lightly. Don't see why they would.

Got lucky vs OSU, Muffed punt vs Michigan. Barely beat Rutgers and Purdue. Barely beat Oregon. and they didnt even win a national championship the year before. They played like they already won it and didnt care.

I hope ND plays Houston. Houston will beat them unless ACC are the refs. Don't think ND has beaten a single ranked team at the end of this year. And Houston is better then Navy,Temple and possibly Stanford.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I want to see Oklahoma/Clemson.
over/under would probably be 105 :laugh:

Oklahoma destroys Clemson. Unless ACC refs. (though idrc about that nc/clemson incident, they are just garbage)

The only team Oklahoma does not destroy in the top 10 is Bama,MSU and OSU (if they try) I dont really know all the other teams in the top 10, esp after today

Sep 19, 2008
While listening to one of my many college football podcasts I overheard Dan Wolken and Paul Myerberg mention that Dantonio was the best coach in college football and I seriously questioned their judgement.

How could this guy be one of the best coaches in college football? What has he done?

After last night, I grudgingly admit that this man may be atop the elite in this sport. He's done a fair amount without his lackey Narduzzi. I still think Saban is the best but right now Dantonio is also up there too. Guy just had the knack this year for winning those close games.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
While listening to one of my many college football podcasts I overheard Dan Wolken and Paul Myerberg mention that Dantonio was the best coach in college football and I seriously questioned their judgement.

How could this guy be one of the best coaches in college football? What has he done?

After last night, I grudgingly admit that this man may be atop the elite in this sport. He's done a fair amount without his lackey Narduzzi. I still think Saban is the best but right now Dantonio is also up there too. Guy just had the knack this year for winning those close games.

I firmly believe the best coaches are

1/2: Saban/Meyer
3. DeAntonio, Shaw, Jimbo

If football is about winning and championships, I'm not sure how you can have a valid argument against Saban/Meyer being 1 and 2 (order doesn't matter). They are in a league of their own.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No drama should be coming here today other than who is 3/4. Texas beating Baylor on the road may assist Oklahoma into staying at 3, which I hope they are, I'd rather see Alabama/OU I think.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
This is a very pedestrian Bama team. I would take every single one of Saban's teams there except his first year over this one. OU is playing the best right now.

if we had ANYBODY who could play QB, and an average OL, we win that game...but either way, very stoked to have a 10 win season after the Muschamp years...

and speaking of, ESPiN reporting deal is done with USCe for Muschamp

Sep 19, 2008
tumblr_m1k88n2pfQ1qekpsao1_500.gif

Muschamp isn't bad but I guess he didn't fit the lofty Florida expectations

If he can take South Carolina to 6-6 or 7-5 he's "Good 'nuff"

Sep 19, 2008
RT @BruceFeldmanCFB This may be the impressive stat running in college football right now: In Mark Dantonio's last 7 games vs Top5 opponents, MichiganSt is 6-1.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I firmly believe the best coaches are

1/2: Saban/Meyer
3. DeAntonio, Shaw, Jimbo

If football is about winning and championships, I'm not sure how you can have a valid argument against Saban/Meyer being 1 and 2 (order doesn't matter). They are in a league of their own.

1a. Urban Meyer
1b. Nick Saban
2. Mark D'Antonio
3. Gary Patterson
4. Jimbo Fisher
5. Mark Helfrich
6. Art Briles
7. Jim Harbaugh
8. Bob Stoops
9. Brian Kelly
10. Dabo Swinney.

Numbers 3-10 are interchangeable with your own preference.

Last edited:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
The committee shouldn't be engineering matchups, they should be ranking the teams. I think they got it right here if one is going to emphasize resumes. If you care more about "how good do the teams look?" then Oklahoma should be #1, and that probably wasn't happening.

Already seeing some Ohio State and Stanford fans whining about how they (as in those two teams) are "best" two in the nation and so obviously there should be more than a 4 team playoff.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That is awful. The committee rigged this so they could try to get their dream title game. Alabama wrecks Michigan State.

No they won't. Michigan State is a physical team but aren't going to line up and run at Alabama. They will use a healthy Cook and throw it around. Everyone always says this dumb **** and its hardly true.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If anyone cares, Army-Navy is next week so technically there is still one regular season game to go. Navy probably wins though.

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
An impossibility, I know, but what would happen if Army or Navy went undefeated and was in the playoff mix. They still have one game after the playoff selection!!!

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The committee shouldn't be engineering matchups, they should be ranking the teams. I think they got it right here if one is going to emphasize resumes. If you care more about "how good do the teams look?" then Oklahoma should be #1, and that probably wasn't happening.

Already seeing some Ohio State and Stanford fans whining about how they (as in those two teams) are "best" two in the nation and so obviously there should be more than a 4 team playoff.

I'd rather see a 16 team playoff than the Diaper Dandy Bowl or what have you but I think these powder puff bowls have more money in them than a playoff would.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
1a. Urban Meyer
1b. Nick Saban
2. Mark D'Antonio
3. Gary Patterson
4. Jimbo Fisher
5. Mark Helfrich
6. Art Briles
7. Jim Harbaugh
8. Bob Stoops
9. Brian Kelly
10. Dabo Swinney.

Numbers 3-10 are interchangeable with your own preference.

I pick Dabo over Kelly Other then that it's solid. Idk if Kelly goes in top 10, But idk that many other great coaches. Maybe Herman moves up there soon

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That is awful. The committee rigged this so they could try to get their dream title game. Alabama wrecks Michigan State.

No they dont. MSU will keep it close. Bama will probably win though. Unless MSU is losing before the 4th quarter. Then it gets interesting.

The only big bowl game that are going to have murderers in them are

Ohio State destroying ND, and Oklahoma destorying Clemson (unless ACC refs)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad