Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec

6a00d8341bfc7553ef016303455721970d-pi.jpg

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I think it goes chalk in the important games (Big 10CG, SECCG, ACCCG). Clean top-4 in the playoff.

I agree. I think Clemson and Bama win, meaning the top 4 in no particular order will be.

Michigan State/Iowa
Bama
Clemson
Oklahoma.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I don't want Ohio State in the playoff and don't think they should be there (and in the event things don't go chalk they might well be jumped by Stanford and/or Notre Dame), but man would it be hilarious to see the reaction in this part of the country if Alabama lost and it ended up being no SEC team in the playoff but 2 Big Ten teams. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't want Ohio State in the playoff and don't think they should be there (and in the event things don't go chalk they might well be jumped by Stanford and/or Notre Dame), but man would it be hilarious to see the reaction in this part of the country if Alabama lost and it ended up being no SEC team in the playoff but 2 Big Ten teams. :laugh:

I want chaos, so it's one of the rare times I'm pulling for Florida

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Bama/UF probably be similar to the FSU game, Florida's defense keeps it close for a while. Eventually the defense either wears down and/or gets frustrated with the offense doing nothing and Bama pulls away in the second half.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

ND wouldn't jump Ohio State. Stanford could but that Oregon loss at home doesn't look that good. Oregon was unranked at the time if I recall.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
UNC could win. I can see that offense doing some things. I wouldn't discount USC. They seem to be "stable" this time and last time it was close for a big chunk of the time.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I'll go for minor chaos in a last ditch attempt to get my upset record to semi-respectable. That said.......

Clemson.....you are on upset alert
Stanford......you are also on upset alert.

Season: 4-12

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'll go for minor chaos in a last ditch attempt to get my upset record to semi-respectable. That said.......

Clemson.....you are on upset alert
Stanford......you are also on upset alert.

Season: 4-12

Chaos more so would Be Bama losing.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The loser of the Iowa/Michigan State game is going to be royally pissed when the Rose Bowl selection committee passes them over to take Ohio State.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
It will be interesting I guess. I just want one to lose so watching the show Sunday is intriguing more than anything.

You want a show to be interesting over having two Big 10 teams? Would a rematch of OSU - MSU be better entertainment than MSU - UA? :facepalm:

Can you imagine the reaction if the mighty SEC doesn't get into the CFBP?

As someone who lives in the SEC Country, need I remind you that no SEC team has won a Championship in 2 years. It wouldn't be the end of the world, nor would they think that in most parts, if Bama were to lose.

With that being said, you can't expect an team like Florida, with ZERO offense, to defeat Bama.

I love that most people want chaos, but no one is saying, you know what? I want the 4 best teams in there.

If you're a fan of college football, you surely want the best teams in there, not two Big Ten teams, UNC, and Iowa :laugh:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
The loser of the Iowa/Michigan State game is going to be royally pissed when the Rose Bowl selection committee passes them over to take Ohio State.

Can they though? I thought they pretty much had to chose the 2nd best Big Ten team, and could only get out of it if TWO Big Ten teams made the playoffs.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You want a show to be interesting over having two Big 10 teams? Would a rematch of OSU - MSU be better entertainment than MSU - UA? :facepalm:

As someone who lives in the SEC Country, need I remind you that no SEC team has won a Championship in 2 years. It wouldn't be the end of the world, nor would they think that in most parts, if Bama were to lose.

With that being said, you can't expect an team like Florida, with ZERO offense, to defeat Bama.

I love that most people want chaos, but no one is saying, you know what? I want the 4 best teams in there.

If you're a fan of college football, you surely want the best teams in there, not two Big Ten teams, UNC, and Iowa :laugh:

Certainty is boring.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Can they though? I thought they pretty much had to chose the 2nd best Big Ten team, and could only get out of it if TWO Big Ten teams made the playoffs.

They have to chose a B1G team. They don't have to chose the "second best". Besides, OSU will probably hop the Iowa/MSU loser in the AP poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->