NCAA GDT: Week 13: Rivalry Week

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Agree that in terms of "deserving" anything, Alabama should be 100% eliminated right now. 2-loss OSU and 2-loss TCU have better resumes. But TCU would definitely get screwed over if they give the committee the chance. OSU? That would be interesting. The committee would forced to pick one darling child over the other. I think they'd take Alabama, but ESPN loves Urban Meyer so you can't discount their lobby.

It's a classic case of better resume and conference champ vs. better record and name brand. It's essentially Ohio St. vs. Penn St. last year. The difference was that Ohio St. had some really good wins with Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Michigan. Alabama's best wins are a 3 loss LSU and 3 loss Mississippi St.
I'd have a hard time putting them in even if the underdogs win their conference championships next week with the lone exception being if Clemson loses against South Carolina and beats Miami next week.

One thing is for sure. This Alabama loss made the debate a whole lot more interesting.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Psu 66-3 maryland in college park.

Maryland's another team with talent and no QB. They have another top 20 recruiting class coming in without a sure thing QB in it.

Watched them a few times early this season and it looked like their guy couldn't throw anything more than five yards.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Deondre Francois getting hurt is probably what will hurt Alabama the most. Crushing Florida State the way they did should've been a big enough boost, but the Seminoles couldn't hold up their end of the deal after he went down.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sparty wins 40-7. Scoreline kinda flattered them as Rutgers looked credible on defense. The RU offense was just awful with their TD coming on a totally broken play. I have 50 minutes before my train comes, time for a Fat Darryl!!!

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Maryland's another team with talent and no QB. They have another top 20 recruiting class coming in without a sure thing QB in it.

Watched them a few times early this season and it looked like their guy couldn't throw anything more than five yards.

Starting QB (who is a good fit for what they do) was hurt against Texas.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Bama isnt getting in if OU and Wisconsin win.

If Oklahoma and Wisconsin win, they're in, but Alabama would still get in imho if Clemson lost in their title game assuming that they win tonight. If Clemson loses tonight, then I think that Alabama gets in regardless.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If Oklahoma and Wisconsin win, they're in, but Alabama would still get in imho if Clemson lost in their title game assuming that they win tonight. If Clemson loses tonight, then I think that Alabama gets in regardless.

You think that Alabama gets in over a 1 loss Miami which would be an ACC champ and have wins over Clemson and Notre Dame? Other than Alabama being Alabama, I don't see anything on their resume that would beat Miami outside of having the better loss.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
You think that Alabama gets in over a 1 loss Miami which would be an ACC champ and have wins over Clemson and Notre Dame? Other than Alabama being Alabama, I don't see anything on their resume that would beat Miami outside of having the better loss.

That's all that matters. Alabama will get the benefit of the doubt from their love affair with the program and, in my opinion, tendency to overly weigh bad losses when it suits their narrative, of which Miami would have one while Alabama would have none.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's all that matters. Alabama will get the benefit of the doubt from their love affair with the program and, in my opinion, tendency to overly weigh bad losses of which Miami would have one while Alabama would have none.

That's certainly possible. Alabama also passes the "eye test" over Miami but that's entirely subjective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad