NFL GDT: Week 1

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
When it came down to it, Denver decided hitting from 64 was more likely than picking up the first down + hitting from whatever shorter distance they got to. Remember it was 4th down.

After they let 35 seconds run off the clock they were probably right, but that's why the timeout should have come immediately.

EDIT: That was their first timeout they used with 20 seconds left? Yeesh. Talk about no confidence in your offense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It would be different if it were 2 seconds left instead of 20, or a 4th & 20, but 4th & 5 at midfield I’d rather have the ball in Russell’s hands than my kicker kicking a career long field goal.

A lot of unevenness with the Broncos offense, but I expect that when you bring in someone’s else’s franchise QB, it happens with a lot of them. That said, the game turned twice on the 1 yard line.

Good for the Seahawks though and Geno has a shining moment.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The only worse coaching debut I can remember was Jim Zorn for Washington when they opened up on the first Thursday against the Giants. Good luck denver.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Tells me they’re petty miscreants which is something a lot of people thought of them when they played.

Miscreants that formed one of the greatest defences in NFL history.

You know, Lawrence Taylor in his heyday was a saint too...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
As soon as Russ leaves, all the Hawks legends start to come around again. Should tell you everything you need to know.
were all those guys not around the last few years? well, at least the ones who were already retired

why would they hate russ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad