NFL GDT: Week 1

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
why would they hate russ for that play call when it wasn't even his call?

most of those guys just retired within the last couple years. i think that's the reason why they all showed up tonight instead of showing up just to form a russell wilson hate circle-jerk
Wilson's was Bevell's boy and was really boosting him as the focus of the offense. He was the one who made the call because he wanted his boy to shine.

The real issues cam when the Hawks were made into a passing team at the expense of the run. Those years of "All Wilson, All The Times" was hard to take at times. Results on the field showed.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hackett seems like a total buffoon. Just hearing him talk inspires zero confidence.

Pro sports are a fickle business, especially NFL football. Hard to follow a guy like that making the moronic decisions he made.
To be honest, why was he even hired for Denver? Sure he was Green Bay’s OC for 3 years but everyone knew Aaron Rodgers would be great regardless of OC. It’s like Peyton Manning proclaiming Adam Gase a QB guru because he was the QB coach/OC for that record break year.

FcgTMIXX0AAOuce

He looks like a 2nd year Coach's Apprentice. Or a night manager at Denny's.

Has Fantasy Football gone too far?

Reactions: snipes

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wilson's was Bevell's boy and was really boosting him as the focus of the offense. He was the one who made the call because he wanted his boy to shine.

The real issues cam when the Hawks were made into a passing team at the expense of the run. Those years of "All Wilson, All The Times" was hard to take at times. Results on the field showed.
Went downhill when they traded for a weapon in Graham when Russ doesn’t pass it to the TE in the middle when he’s in the pocket. He needs the middle to open up to see his TE in the seams.

Terrible fit. Hurt the run game. Another reason the D didn’t like Russ. Front office changing team identity.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hackett saying that that’s where they were trying to get to makes him sound like a bigger buffoon. No way that dude is making believers on the locker room making decisions like that.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hackett ruined the story of all the rookie coaches running the table this weekend too in their first game.

McDaniel, Daboll, Eberflus and O'Connell all got Ws to start their head coaching careers. Dipshit could have joined them if he wasn't a dipshit.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Went downhill when they traded for a weapon in Graham when Russ doesn’t pass it to the TE in the middle when he’s in the pocket. He needs the middle to open up to see his TE in the seams.

Terrible fit. Hurt the run game. Another reason the D didn’t like Russ. Front office changing team identity.

He was traded for Max Unger, that really affected Seattles offensive line as the Hawks couldn’t run it effectively nor pass protect. Also, Graham was not the greatest blocker and in Pete Carrolls system..the tight end needs to run block/pass protect.

His receiving numbers dipped once he left New Orleans, he wanted to be paid as the highest TE at the time.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Just saw the replay of Manning Shannon sharpe, and Eli manning watching the game live

They have NO FRANKING idea what Hacket was doing.

“Time to call a T”
“Does Hacket know the clock is running”
“Umm Guys what are you doing”
“They have Miss communication and still haven’t called a T”
“Why haven’t they called it yet”
“I’d be calling a T like NOW”

Go to Patt McAfee’s Twitter for the hilarious video

Reactions: NJDevs26

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He was traded for Max Unger, that really affected Seattles offensive line as the Hawks couldn’t run it effectively nor pass protect. Also, Graham was not the greatest blocker and in Pete Carrolls system..the tight end needs to run block/pass protect.

His receiving numbers dipped once he left New Orleans, he wanted to be paid as the highest TE at the time.
Graham had trouble with drops, too. Wasn’t a fan of that contract

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Oh.. We still have plenty of time to do some more stupid shit . This core is all about making things become more interesting than they should be.

Of course they've had an equal share of games where they look like a well oiled powerhouse
Josh Allen just made them their biotch. Happens to a lot of teams. Kurt Warner went over all the 3rd downs plays by Buffalo, and Allen made something out of nothin numerous times. Good luck, NFL.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
wow, seafaux fans showing a lot of little dick energy...enjoy your superbowl.

hack-it should already be fired after 1 game

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Just catching up on this via replays, etc. and I honestly can't imagine what the Broncos were thinking. Mike McCarthy, Anthony Lynn and Vic Fangio would salute this level of clock management. It's not all on coaching in my opinion, Wilson's a veteran QB with a Super Bowl ring, he damn well should know a TO is needed the moment the player is first down. They lost what, 30 freaking seconds?

Good for the Seahawks. They are going to lose a LOT of games this year and this one was a sweet one to have.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Just catching up on this via replays, etc. and I honestly can't imagine what the Broncos were thinking. Mike McCarthy, Anthony Lynn and Vic Fangio would salute this level of clock management. It's not all on coaching in my opinion, Wilson's a veteran QB with a Super Bowl ring, he damn well should know a TO is needed the moment the player is first down. They lost what, 30 freaking seconds?

Good for the Seahawks. They are going to lose a LOT of games this year and this one was a sweet one to have.
Denver got the ball with like 3 minutes to go down 1 point. That should have been a piece of cake for a 10 year vet to get the team to attempt at least a sub 50 yard kick. Especially when they had all of their TO left.

Even if they went for it, they would likely burn TO 2 after the 4th down play. So they’d likely be down to 1 play in bounds or 2 plays so long as one of them is out of bounds.

Some poor play calling.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Denver got the ball with like 3 minutes to go down 1 point. That should have been a piece of cake for a 10 year vet to get the team to attempt at least a sub 50 yard kick. Especially when they had all of their TO left.

Even if they went for it, they would likely burn TO 2 after the 4th down play. So they’d likely be down to 1 play in bounds or 2 plays so long as one of them is out of bounds.

Some poor play calling.
Agreed. No excuses from anyone involved here. Just a total and complete breakdown.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Some poor play calling.
I was thinking they'd run a hurry up play on 4th down and then have all three timeouts to pray for something good if they didn't get a first. That would only burn a few seconds off the clock and then would leave the Broncos with 30 seconds after a presumed punt.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

kill it with fire

Like isn’t if clearly obvious to use a dog logo modeled after their mascot? I mean seriously Cleveland.

I was thinking they'd run a hurry up play on 4th down and then have all three timeouts to pray for something good if they didn't get a first. That would only burn a few seconds off the clock and then would leave the Broncos with 30 seconds after a presumed punt.
It would be right. Like over a minute when third down ended. So roughly 20 seconds runs off while Seattle would run the ball 3 times. So down to like 40 seconds. Then a punt down to their 10 yard line. So yes likely around 30 seconds to go from their own 10 to get to Seattle 40 for a 57 yard attempt. Can afford 1 play in bounds. Then everything to the outside and boundary.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Russell has 32 career GW drives and they only needed 5 yards for a first down. I may have taken a 49 yard FG, but not 64! It would have been the 2nd longest FG ever! McManus is 1 of 8 from 60+ yards.

If Hackett doesn't admit his mistake, this will be his last NFL HC job. This type of coaching is why Russ wanted out of Seattle.

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hacket is so stupid he LITERALLY thought their last play on offense was a sack.

Really dude
It was a 9 yard check down to Williams for 9 yards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad