NFL GDT: Week 1 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Why don't teams just run up the score in the 2nd half?

Like, the Bears should have done what the Rams at times did last year- turn a 20-0 lead into 30+ point lead.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think I'm in on Mahomes after just one game. There will be ups and downs for sure but he looks legit.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The other big story: The return of Ryan Fitzpatrick (for some reason)

The cycle beginneth again; In all seriousness though there is absolutely no logical explanation for Fitzmagic.

Dmq_az-UcAAXznX.jpg

If the Bucs can somehow steal one more game before Jameis is back then he might have to worry about his starting spot.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I feel like the Bears season just ended tonight.

That is the type of loss I feel is hard to recover from.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I feel like the Bears season just ended tonight.

That is the type of loss I feel is hard to recover from.

What is worse?

1- the way the Bears lost after having such a lead
2- the way Cleveland had a great chance to win and blew it, resulting in a lame tie?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Mack played like an animal but at the end of the day, never count out the Packers when Rodgers is playing. He was basically playing hopscotch in the pocket and still mounted one of his best comebacks ever.

When Cobb caught the winning pass it took me a second to process the fact that he went 75 yards downfield to score.

Reactions: New Jersey

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Could have done without the injuries yesterday, and that score was far closer than it should have been with the underlying stats telling a far different story. But a win is a win I guess so I'll take it, especially with the Falcons and Saints losing like they did, though Atlanta is on deck next week. The line is going to be shitty all year but held up kind of okay against a good pass rush.

Was this thread as unpleasant as I suspect it was yesterday/last night

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Could have done without the injuries yesterday, and that score was far closer than it should have been with the underlying stats telling a far different story. But a win is a win I guess so I'll take it, especially with the Falcons and Saints losing like they did, though Atlanta is on deck next week. The line is going to be ****ty all year but held up kind of okay against a good pass rush.

Nah. Once Rodgers got hot the Bears "fans" bounced.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Could have done without the injuries yesterday, and that score was far closer than it should have been with the underlying stats telling a far different story. But a win is a win I guess so I'll take it, especially with the Falcons and Saints losing like they did, though Atlanta is on deck next week. The line is going to be ****ty all year but held up kind of okay against a good pass rush.

Panthers recent history seems to be that of being a bit sluggish to start anyways, at least on offense

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Panthers recent history seems to be that of being a bit sluggish to start anyways, at least on offense

Yeah I was thinking that yesterday too. This game reminded me of when they beat the Jags 20-9 in 2015. They didn't really hit their stride offensively until October.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
the bad man is a ****ing god

I'm a Panthers fan so the Packers are part of the competition right now, but I've always been an Aaron Rodgers fan. Sucked to see him leave the field with what looked to be tears welling up in his eyes, but I'm glad he returned (though I went to bed when it was 20-3). Also these new Bears fans have made that team insufferable already this year.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I'm a Panthers fan so the Packers are part of the competition right now, but I've always been an Aaron Rodgers fan. Sucked to see him leave the field with what looked to be tears welling up in his eyes, but I'm glad he returned (though I went to bed when it was 20-3). Also these new Bears fans have made that team insufferable already this year.

the bears fan memes on twitter are spicy af.

seven-figure scoville rating.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I had turned the game off in frustration as my fantasy week depended on Rodgers and Davante Adams and I was down about 30 points.

I’m shocked at what I’m waking up to lol. Aaron Rodgers is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca