NFL GDT: Week 1 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
So mad over the Bills starting awful Peterman. What do they see in him. They need to give him one more shot and if he fails Week 2 just bench him. I don't care that Allen is a rookie. He needs to be out there. Otherwise you could possibly be quitting on this year. What point is there to keep your highly touted draft pick on the bench while Peterman continues to stink. Damn. So mad here.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So mad over the Bills starting awful Peterman. What do they see in him. They need to give him one more shot and if he fails Week 2 just bench him. I don't care that Allen is a rookie. He needs to be out there. Otherwise you could possibly be quitting on this year. What point is there to keep your highly touted draft pick on the bench while Peterman continues to stink. Damn. So mad here.

Well, for Week 1, I think it was fine. Against Baltimore in the rain was probably not the place to start Allen, especially with the state of that offensive line and receiving group.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
They only needed the tie to have their best start since 2004. They'll save the win for next year

And now Cleveland gets to be part of an exclusive club that in all likelihood will only have one member for the rest of this century: Teams that already exceeded their previous season's record after week 1 without actually winning a game.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

McDermott sucks.

They only needed the tie to have their best start since 2004. They'll save the win for next year

At least they wont go 0-16 again :thumbu:

Green Bay adjusted. Their defense played pretty well tbh. Pettine is smart.

I was pretty excited when they hired him, had enough of Capers.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Final thoughts from the games I watched closely this week:

-Tyrod Taylor was terrible vs Pittsburgh, and it's only going to take a couple more of those performances before Baker Mayfield is starting. No vision in the middle of the field and was only able to make plays with his legs or deep sideline throws. David Njoku really struggled as well. Hyde looked okay, but when his first lane isn't there he bounces things out to the edge a bit too much and I don't think Haley will like that. On the Steelers side, Roethlisberger was brutal as well. Ball placement issues which showed up in the preseason as well. They need to get James Washington on the field quickly. Conner was great, despite that one fumble. The whole front 7 got great pressure and it will be interesting to see if that's a Cleveland OL thing or a Steelers pass rush thing.

-I don't know what else you can say about Tyreek Hill, but the Chiefs are going to be fun to watch this year. I have no idea how they will use their weapons - Kelce & Watkins were non-factors and Kareem Hunt wasn't really needed. I thought Mahomes played great and wasn't the crazy risk-taker some had projected. It may be different in a game where they're playing from behind, but we'll see. On the Chargers side, I thought Rivers played great as well but his weapons were doing him no favors. Gordon and Allen did their thing and were fine. Travis Benjamin and Tyrell Williams are going to be sharing a role sooner than later, because.. Mike Williams is legit. Didn't do anything in the first half, but Rivers fed him in the second half. Excellent route running, uses his size and great hands. There's no reason he shouldn't have 800 yards and 6 TD's as the #2 option to Allen this year. Oh, and Austin Ekeler was good too. Fun to watch and was grinding out yards.

Reactions: RedRenegade

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Not lost here is how amazing Randall Cobb is.

Mack missing the tackle (or giving up) when he crossed the goal line was gravy.
WHAT? Mack is a 250 lb ILB that got his ankle after running 75 yards and you are saying he gave up? Rodgers is GOAT but for someone to say that MACK gave up is just literally purely unadulterated homerism and quite frankily literally embarrassing. If the new HC learns the obvious that you can't play the game against Rodgers to "not lose" then your Packers won't be winning the second game this season. Unbelievable how many Packers fans fail to give Mack the credit he deserves for being an absolute MONSTER that completely REKT the Packers every snap of the first halve of that game...

member 157595

The other big story: The return of Ryan Fitzpatrick (for some reason)

The cycle beginneth again; In all seriousness though there is absolutely no logical explanation for Fitzmagic.

Dmq_az-UcAAXznX.jpg

If the Bucs can somehow steal one more game before Jameis is back then he might have to worry about his starting spot.

Don't worry, Jameis is good at stealing so he'll get the spot back pretty quickly.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
WHAT? Mack is a 250 lb ILB that got his ankle after running 75 yards and you are saying he gave up? Rodgers is GOAT but for someone to say that MACK gave up is just literally purely unadulterated homerism and quite frankily literally embarrassing. If the new HC learns the obvious that you can't play the game against Rodgers to "not lose" then your Packers won't be winning the second game this season. Unbelievable how many Packers fans fail to give Mack the credit he deserves for being an absolute MONSTER that completely REKT the Packers every snap of the first halve of that game...

Khalil Mack is f***ing awesome, I wasn't disputing that, guy. :laugh:

I'm talking about only one play. Cobb was already across the goal line when Mack made the effort. Clearly I'm just talking shit.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I think a healthy Joe Namath would have been in that conversation. Unfortunately, a healthy Joe Namath was about as rare as a unicorn.

Not a Jets fan but I love talking about Broadway Joe as a NYC Metro sports fan.

Dude was instrumental in putting the AFL on the map. You really bring up a good point in the "what might have been" category.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Not a Jets fan but I love talking about Broadway Joe as a NYC Metro sports fan.

Dude was instrumental in putting the AFL on the map. You really bring up a good point in the "what might have been" category.

He was a freakishly good athlete before his knees were destroyed. And he had a rocket of an arm with great touch.

Reactions: New Jersey

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Khalil Mack is ****ing awesome, I wasn't disputing that, guy. :laugh:

I'm talking about only one play. Cobb was already across the goal line when Mack made the effort. Clearly I'm just talking ****.
Mack literally made 75 yards of effort to try to bring him down before the TD it's like, seriously? Did you even see the all-22?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Patrick Mahomes is going to be good

I was disappointed in Trubisky pick (Frankly I was pissed about trade/selection if people recall) at 2nd overall and now I feel more and more that its likely Bears will look back and realize how awful our GM "I am so smarter then everyone else" handled draft and QB's in it

His love affair with Trubisky makes no sense and this continued excuse building for Mitch is becoming a joke

Trubisky 13 starts = 7 TD passes
Watson 7 starts = 20 TD passes
Mahomes 2 starts = 4 TD passes

No more excuses

He isn't a rookie making his NFL debut. He needs to show something that resembles being an NFL QB at this point

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Has anyone made the Bears let them off the hook joke yet?

I had to leave for the airport while Chicago was still comfortably in control.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

This thread and the entire internet was basically an erotic novel based around Khalil Mack for the first half last night and you don't think he got enough credit for his amazing performance?

Reactions: New Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->