NFL GDT: Week 1 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Me making a clearly inflammatory statement knocking Mack worked to perfection.

I watched the entire game, man. Trust me, I'm agreeing with you. :laugh:
Wait so you are literally admitting to just trying to troll a bears fan over a loss when the player you mentioned clearly was the most dominate player the Packers have ever faced on Defence?

Thanks

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Patrick Mahomes is going to be good

I was disappointed in Trubisky pick (Frankly I was pissed about trade/selection if people recall) at 2nd overall and now I feel more and more that its likely Bears will look back and realize how awful our GM "I am so smarter then everyone else" handled draft and QB's in it

His love affair with Trubisky makes no sense and this continued excuse building for Mitch is becoming a joke

Trubisky 13 starts = 7 TD passes
Watson 7 starts = 20 TD passes
Mahomes 2 starts = 4 TD passes

No more excuses

He isn't a rookie making his NFL debut. He needs to show something that resembles being an NFL QB at this point

Being mad about your team trading a couple mid-round picks to secure the shot at your team's franchise QB continues to be one of the weirdest opinions around. This is exactly the type of trade you MUST do when you need a QB and they didn't even give up that much to move up. Look at what the Jets gave up this year.

As for if it was the right pick, still early to tell but I agree you want to see more out of the player at this point.

I also think it's amazing what one drive can do - if Trubisky had led them back on the last drive and won the game, everyone would be singing his praises today.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
This thread and the entire internet was basically an erotic novel based around Khalil Mack for the first half last night and you don't think he got enough credit for his amazing performance?
I didn't read the thread as a whole in it's entirety at all I must admit because when I'm watching football I'm not trying to "live blog" what I'm seeing and obviously am not going to be doing "play by play" through the internet for other people for free without compensation. It's literally a game and it's meant to be watched live and I don't need to have distractions of ignoramuses spitting in my face for my knee-jerk football thoughts. I don't even twitter during games.

Thanks.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I didn't read the thread as a whole in it's entirety at all I must admit because when I'm watching football I'm not trying to "live blog" what I'm seeing and obviously am not going to be doing "play by play" through the internet for other people for free without compensation. It's literally a game and it's meant to be watched live and I don't need to have distractions of ignoramuses spitting in my face for my knee-jerk football thoughts. I don't even twitter during games.

Thanks.

Cool, I will fill you in.

Khalil Mack got an insane amount of credit for the first half yesterday. Jon Gruden and the Raiders were trending on social media because of how dumb they looked for the trade.

Then one of the greatest players of all-time came back from what looked like a serious injury to stage a great comeback and the focus switched to him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Cool, I will fill you in.

Khalil Mack got an insane amount of credit for the first half yesterday. Jon Gruden and the Raiders were trending on social media because of how dumb they looked for the trade.

Then one of the greatest players of all-time came back from what looked like a serious injury to stage a great comeback and the focus switched to him.
And well deserved. He took away a FG attempt with the strip sack and recovery. And put up a TD with his pick 6. It could have been just a 10-3 game at half.

Raiders knew that he would play well. They were fortunate that Rodgers came back and delivered a Loss to the Bears to help the draft pick comp. bears will sink or swim based on Trubisky. Defense will keep them in games but he has to play better.

Reactions: m9

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
And well deserved. He took away a FG attempt with the strip sack and recovery. And put up a TD with his pick 6. It could have been just a 10-3 game at half.

Raiders knew that he would play well. They were fortunate that Rodgers came back and delivered a Loss to the Bears to help the draft pick comp. bears will sink or swim based on Trubisky. Defense will keep them in games but he has to play better.
Bitchell Trubisky is like a scared little kid out there and if he doesn't get his **** together soon he literally should be benched and let Chase Daniels take over who actually knows how to run an NFL offence unlike Trubs who either needs to sit for a season or two or just get traded to a team that knows how to develop a QB

Reactions: New Jersey

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
*****ell Trubisky is like a scared little kid out there and if he doesn't get his **** together soon he literally should be benched and let Chase Daniels take over who actually knows how to run an NFL offence unlike Trubs who either needs to sit for a season or two or just get traded to a team that knows how to develop a QB

Another thing I noticed as a glaringly obvious red flag... Cody Whitehair looked HORRENDOUS snapping balls all over the place.

Mack seemed to play hard in the first half but looked like he completely mailed in the second half.

Very poorly coached game all around.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Another thing I noticed as a glaringly obvious red flag... Cody Whitehair looked HORRENDOUS snapping balls all over the place.

Mack seemed to play hard in the first half but looked like he completely mailed in the second half.

You are literally dead wrong about Mack and probably didn't even watch the game until the end.

Thanks.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
*****ell Trubisky is like a scared little kid out there and if he doesn't get his **** together soon he literally should be benched and let Chase Daniels take over who actually knows how to run an NFL offence unlike Trubs who either needs to sit for a season or two or just get traded to a team that knows how to develop a QB

And you are basing this on what?

Only thing Chase Daniel knows is Ryan Pace who simply gave away $10M as a gift to his BFF Daniel

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
And you are basing this on what?

Only thing Chase Daniel knows is Ryan Pace who simply gave away $10M as a gift to his BFF Daniel
3rd Pre-season game. Bitchell looks horrible by comparison/contrast, only efficient for a few scripted plays but when the game got real he literally had a melt-down of epic porportions, comically epic in fact... Daniels could at least manage a lead and know to actually audible out of a pass on 3rd and ONE YARD and hand it to J-How to literally keep the chains moving along...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You are literally dead wrong about Mack and probably didn't even watch the game until the end.

Thanks.
Mack ran more than half the field to try to bring Cobb down at the goal line. Never gave up on the play. But you could tell the entire bears front was gassed with the no huddle Rodgers ran. Best way to stop a good pass rush. Vikings DL should be prepared to play an entire series when they go on the field. Only chance to sub would be if the play finishes on the Vikings sidelines.

Reactions: VickAshley

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
Wait so you are literally admitting to just trying to troll a bears fan over a loss when the player you mentioned clearly was the most dominate player the Packers have ever faced on Defence?

Thanks

Pretty sure the Packers have played some good defensive players before (LT, Reggie, Prime, Ray Lewis, etc.). Mack had a monster night, but let's not get too carried away here.

Reactions: New Jersey

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Pretty sure the Packers have played some good defensive players before (LT, Reggie, Prime, Ray Lewis, etc.). Mack had a monster night, but let's not get too carried away here.
At least you admit and are humble that Mack is a MONSTER and was a MONSTER last night unlike most Packer fans who are just mad jelly the Bears got him and almost ended Rodger's career last night...

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
At least you admit and are humble that Mack is a MONSTER and was a MONSTER last night unlike most Packer fans who are just mad jelly the Bears got him and almost ended Rodger's career last night...

ok you are literally projecting now :biglaugh:

any packers fan who knows football (which is the vast majority of them) doesn't question how good khalil mack is. this is all in your head lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

A motivated contract year Sheldon Richardson playing next to Griffen, Hunter, and Joseph is going to be fun to watch. Griffen, who is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, had a good game against the 49ers and was the Vikings fourth best DL yesterday.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

A motivated contract year Sheldon Richardson playing next to Griffen, Hunter, and Joseph is going to be fun to watch. Griffen, who is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, had a good game against the 49ers and was the Vikings fourth best DL yesterday.

I thought Griffen was pretty quiet tbh. Hunter and Richsrdson ate once Person and Garnett went out and McGlinchey (never played G) and Gilliam (Terrible) had to play RG and RT.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Best way to stop a pass rush? Get the ball out quick. That's what the Packers should be doing all the time but it only happens when Rodgers is hurt and McCarthy feels like he has to protect him. Otherwise it's scramble and hope somebody gets open in 5+ seconds.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Why doesn’t Green Bay use the “no huddle quick release quick offense” all the time? They were a different team before and after they made that change. Where was that in the first half?

Like, surely they would consider play all 60 minutes offensively like this vs Minnesota (a defense that may not have a Khalil Mack, but is well rounded in its own way)?

Maybe more teams should run what I call the “Never get sacked” offense.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm a Panthers fan so the Packers are part of the competition right now, but I've always been an Aaron Rodgers fan. Sucked to see him leave the field with what looked to be tears welling up in his eyes, but I'm glad he returned (though I went to bed when it was 20-3). Also these new Bears fans have made that team insufferable already this year.

We can rest easy, because the Bears are who we thought they are. All defense and a ****y QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->