NFL GDT: Week 1 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
This is why you don't go into a shell at half time. After the game became tight, the Bears had no juice except for one drive in which Jordan Howard did everything.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I never understood why he is such a media darling.

The guy is top 10 ever (at worse), but he is kind of a dick. Maybe because he gives them.good soundbites.

He’s the best QB in the league? Why are guys like Brady, Brees and others loved by the media? Because they’re all really really good at their jobs.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Against the ****ing Bears... at home.

I mean, he played great in the 2nd half, but the hyperbole was over the top.

Hell, I wouldn't even have risked his long-term health down by 20. Kudos to them for trusting him though. Hopefully the injury is nothing severe.

I'm guessing its a hyperextension of some sort. It'll be sore for a few days but a little RICE and he should be good.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
He's a huge star. Deal with it.

Well, I think the best QB performance today was Ryan Fitzpatrick. Going into New Orleans expected to lose and then have a performance like that? But what do I know. :help:

And I agree with @Scandale du Jour. I'm not denying Rodgers is a big star. He's an awesome QB. My issue is the Media's (arguably) "over the top" reaction to him compared to other players in the league.

Reactions: mouser

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He’s the best QB in the league? Why are guys like Brady, Brees and others loved by the media? Because they’re all really really good at their jobs.

Best is debatable and I have no desire to have that debate.

They may be over the.top like that with Brady, but never with Brees. If anything, Brees is very underrated.(respected, but not enough compared to Rodgers and Brady).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This is what Rodgers does

Favre did it before him

I suspect Kizer will turn out to be franchise QB in a few years when Rodgers retires

And then some other QB will do it as Packer after Kizer

25 years of watching Packer QB do this to Bears breaks your spirit

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This one is really going to hurt for the Bears. They had so many chances to finish it. Fuller's dropped pick six will get talked about quite a bit but you can go back to that incomplete pass on 3rd and 1 in the red zone as well. Hindsight and all but Howard was running all over then so I don't know why you put the ball in Trubisky's hands when he was really fighting it in the second half.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Overall unreal day:

Skins win, Cowboys and Giants lose, and some of the neutral games were unreal! Love having the NFL back in full swing.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Well, I think the best QB performance today was Ryan Fitzpatrick. Going into New Orleans expected to lose and then have a performance like that? But what do I know. :help:
Clearly the NBC announcers should have talked about Ryan Fitzpatrick for 75% of the game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA