Post-Game Talk: Wed, Sept. 28 |NJD 0 vs PHI 2| Preseason| MARK ALT's injury update

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
OFFICIAL THREE STARS:
  • 1. Konecny
  • 2. Raffl
  • 3. Stolarz

First goal highlight: https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/njd-vs-phi/2016/09/28/2016010031#game=2016010031,game_state=final

CtfCZh5VUAAfIJX.jpg

Last edited:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
:quote: The only thing I don't like about Lyon, which is nothing doing under his own volition, is that he wears 49 and it's giving me flashbacks

Alex Lyon wore number 34 in college at Yale. I think the Flyers just gave Lyon number 49 as a training camp number.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I wonder what Morin has to do to make the big club at this point. His d game is there, and given his usage, they clearly view his offense as capped and want it simple and efficient, which it seems to be in the 2 games I saw of him this preseason. He seems like he's close to ready, if not there. You can't tell me he isn't significantly better than Schultz and in a similar role. Provorov seems ready. Even Myers seemed more ready than expected, even though he's not making the roster no matters what he does probably. These next couple weeks will be interesting though.

I'd like to see a veteran d man or two traded, that's for sure.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
And Ghost going three weeks between games makes no sense.

Risking a Ghost injury in a meaningless preseason game makes no sense, IMO. He means too much.

The need for preseason game action is overrated from a cost/benefit analysis.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Risking a Ghost injury in a meaningless preseason game makes no sense, IMO. He means too much.

The need for preseason game action is overrated from a cost/benefit analysis.

Look across the NHL. Even the biggest stars play some preseason games because they need to in order to be ready for the regular season. Giroux played five preseason games last year.

You're being irrational.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Morin is definitely the Schultz replacement. It's just a matter of when.

Right now, today, I feel confident saying Sam is a better player than Schultz. He wins every battle, he's aggressive in the NZ and at his blue line like Hak loves, he's sound positionally, passes better than Mr. Flubbed Chip ever could, and just exudes confidence. It's just a question of being too in love with the veterans and their "experience" offsetting their poor play. Morin just needs to show it in the next few games.

The idea of a MDZ-Ghost / Provorov-Gudas / Morin-Streit defense sounds pretty nice. Maybe give Manning his 14 games before the heave-ho to the press box.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The D as early as next season legitimately could be something like:

Provorov - Ghost
Morin - Myers
Sanheim - Gudas

Of course, Hextall would probably consider it too young.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Right now, today, I feel confident saying Sam is a better player than Schultz. He wins every battle, he's aggressive in the NZ and at his blue line like Hak loves, he's sound positionally, passes better than Mr. Flubbed Chip ever could, and just exudes confidence. It's just a question of being too in love with the veterans and their "experience" offsetting their poor play. Morin just needs to show it in the next few games.

The idea of a MDZ-Ghost / Provorov-Gudas / Morin-Streit defense sounds pretty nice. Maybe give Manning his 14 games before the heave-ho to the press box.

If they could trade Manning somehow and don't play MacDonald 42 games, then Schultz could be the guy to fulfill the 40/70 ED quota. They'd just have to give him a one year extension at $950K, which I think he would be wise to take lest he end up out of the league a year from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad