Post-Game Talk: Wed, Sept. 28 |NJD 0 vs PHI 2| Preseason| MARK ALT's injury update

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm worried that his injury makes it harder for the Phantoms to win games in October. His future with the Flyers is something to worry about in June.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think LV takes Mac or Manning, it's more likely they take a forward. Our exposed forwards will be better than our exposed dmen

I agree. Vegas will be able to choose from two of these forwards.

Weise - 3 years left at $2.35m
Raffl - 2 years left at $2.235m
Cousins (RFA)
Laughton (RFA)

Or from these guys.

Streit (UFA)
MacDonald - 3 years left at $5m
Schultz (UFA)
Manning - 1 year left at $975K

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Watched the game, focused on Morin.

He could probably play now, but of the young defensemen, he's the least impressive, huge, smooth skater but not explosive, not real confident with the puck.

He's going to be a good defensive defenseman, but I don't see him offensively being more than Gudas is right now, safe passes out of the zone and shots from the point.

The thing is, Myers who is two years younger, "jumped" out more than Morin did. It's less that Morin disappoints than Myers surprises.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think Morin making an accurate stretch pass from behind his own net to the far blue line shows a lot of confidence with the puck.

Dammit, Striiker. :laugh:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
The thing is, Myers who is two years younger, "jumped" out more than Morin did. It's less that Morin disappoints than Myers surprises.

Each passing day I am more and more genuinely surprised how good our D picks seem to have been (so far). I will admit I have not followed Myers much in his draft+1 year, but I certainly would not have expected him to grow where he is now.
I keep fingers crossed for our D prospects because they are giving me reasons to be optimistic

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think Morin making an accurate stretch pass from behind his own net to the far blue line shows a lot of confidence with the puck.

Dammit, Striiker. :laugh:

E2Ul9N3.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nothing wrong with being a bigger, smoother version of Gudas - check his relative Corsi and you realize that while Gudas may not be pretty, he's actually pretty effective.

Problem for Morin is offensively he's just not in the same league with Ghost, Provorov, Sanheim and Myers. Guess we'll just have to live with that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's not a slight on Morin at all. Very few have the offense that our other prospects have. He's not going to score like Ghost, but a more offensive and meaner Coburn would be a valuable player to have.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I still think Morin has A LOT more to show us as the years progress but if I had to choose I'd rather him be prime Coburn as opposed to Tyler Myers....

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Each passing day I am more and more genuinely surprised how good our D picks seem to have been (so far). I will admit I have not followed Myers much in his draft+1 year, but I certainly would not have expected him to grow where he is now.
I keep fingers crossed for our D prospects because they are giving me reasons to be optimistic

Don't forget, Myers wasn't even drafted!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think any of our younger D prospects will score like Ghost has in their first few years. Not with him hogging the lone dman role on the top PP unit.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Sanheim is the closest player that could duplicate what Ghost did simply because that kid is ridiculous offensively.

If people think Provorov is going to do what Ghost did, they aren't paying attention, he's not that type of player. But I do think over time Provorov could be a 40-50 pt player because he is a super smart player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad