Post-Game Talk: Wed, Sept. 28 |NJD 0 vs PHI 2| Preseason| MARK ALT's injury update

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Had fun chirping that goon on the Devils Thomson. Morin doesn't like him.

I might post some pics from the game. Pretty cool seeing the players and coaches that close.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If they could trade Manning somehow and don't play MacDonald 42 games, then Schultz could be the guy to fulfill the 40/70 ED quota. They'd just have to give him a one year extension at $950K, which I think he would be wise to take lest he end up out of the league a year from now.

Good point. He has met the criteria. I'm just not sure he takes that much after seeing the Flyers depend on him for 161/164 games these last 2 years. He may think he has more left in the tank and his value is higher. And if the Flyers don't play him, would he really want to even sign an extension to stay here?

Hextall has his work cut out for him. I do mildly worry that he does like Schultz and will have him start, and/or does like Manning and will have him start/be the 7, and/or does like MacDonald and will have him start too and just end up demoting Morin and Provorov.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
NAK was okay. It'll be interesting to see how he does with the Phantoms.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Hextall saying Konecny was just average...guy has already made his mind up that TK will be sent back to juniors.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hextall saying Konecny was just average...guy has already made his mind up that TK will be sent back to juniors.

He said that after the 1st game. But Hexy and Hak are always incredibly reserved with their praise. When Ghost was breaking NHL records Hak was making it out to be like it was nothing. That's their M.O. and I get it. The high point of their praise rarely goes beyond "solid," "reliable," "competed/battled hard," "good," "I liked his game."

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
He said that after the 1st game. But Hexy and Hak are always incredibly reserved with their praise. When Ghost was breaking NHL records Hak was making it out to be like it was nothing. That's their M.O. and I get it. The high point of their praise rarely goes beyond "solid," "reliable," "competed/battled hard," "good," "I liked his game."

Yeah, I'm not sure we're ever gonna see Hextall go into fanboy mode over a prospect.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Like everyone mentioned the big stars were Konecny, Morin, and Amac. Thought Schenn looked good when he dialed it up. Gordon has also impressed me. For some reason I expect a big slow guy that doesn't do anything but win draws. Seems like he is more Blair betts then Adam Hall which is a nice touch

I didn't really notice NAK which is fine he is still young. I expect him to have a feeling out year in LV and then look to take big steps in development the next year. Leier also was quiet which was a little disappointing. Showed good wheels and anticipation but didn't show that he is ready to knock anyone off the roster yet. The other two guys that were invisible out there for me was Ghoul and Fazleev. Yes it's one game, but neither guy showed me anything that would make me think that they are future bottom 6 guys.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Carchidi claimed he "gloated" about Myers but Philly beats are usually the least accurate paraphrasers around.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah, I'm not sure we're ever gonna see Hextall go into fanboy mode over a prospect.

Hakstol on Konecny's game tonight: "He did, you know, a pretty good job. There's some youthful mistakes in there, but overall, he had a real good night tonight."

It took all of Hakstol's might to even get this out.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
NAK looked good to me. Didnt do anything i can point to that stood out but there were times you could have confused him with Konecny the way he buzzes around.

I was watching Fazleev cause I really like him. Again, he didnt do anything to stand out but he played a very smart mistake free game. Made some smart passes and did well to control possession in his limited opportunities.

NAK is gonna have a good year with the Phantoms imo. I agree Leier needs to do something to force his way onto the squad if he wants to make it. However, another season in the AHL wont be off track

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Hakstol on Konecny's game tonight: "He did, you know, a pretty good job. There's some youthful mistakes in there, but overall, he had a real good night tonight."

It took all of Hakstol's might to even get this out.

Konecny, Morin and Provorov I think deserve to play on the team this year. Send down AMac and Manning to keep the two D up.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Also, another season with Stolarz is perfect. I think he'll be ready to be a backup in the NHL next year when we have to decide between Neuvirth and Mason (probably Mason)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Schenn's basically been like any established veteran with nothing to really play for these games. So he's just essentially going through the motions while out talenting a bunch of inferior opponents.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Tonight was only the start for Konecny. If he wants to make the team it is all about being consistent on a night in and night out basis. These next two games are huge if he plays

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Konecny was just phenomenal. The kid is NHL ready. He would be our 6th best forward right now.

Stolarz was very solid.

Liked what I saw from Morin as well. Sturdy in his own end and made seversl nice breakout passes.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Tonight was only the start for Konecny. If he wants to make the team it is all about being consistent on a night in and night out basis. These next two games are huge if he plays

With Couturier and Voracek and Ghost coming back into the lineup soon, it's going to be intriguing and fun for sure. We will get to see these top prospects competing for spots get inserted into more of a formed NHL lineup, instead of the AHL+3 squads.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Remember that time the Bruins passed on Konecny THREE times in a row?

Laughing. My. Ass. Off.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Remember that time the Bruins passed on Konecny THREE times in a row?

Laughing. My. Ass. Off.

In their defense, the three prospects they took are doing amazing and proving why they were picked that high...

... Oh wait, no they're not. :laugh:

Thanks Sweeney.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Possible D lineup for Saturday.

MDZ-Ghost
Morin-Sanheim
Provorov-Myers

peter-on-ecstasy-o.gif

Ad