Post-Game Talk: We won!!!! (A coaches challenge on goalie interference) .. But lost the game... Badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
look there is no way this team can compete in the playoffs....they need the draft pick way more...

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Coaching rewards lazy play with ice time/bad messages sent. The softer you play the more stick checks you make , the more ice you get.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Needless to say, if we lose on Thursday (especially with this kind of effort) you can kiss any playoff chances goodbye. This was a likely outcome though. I mean, if this team is incapable of coming back when down 2 goals (except like one time this entire season) can you really expect them to compete in a playoff race?

Growing pains.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Bothers me in pre game threads when we build up games as "statement games."

So Leafs vs Flyers was a statement game

Leafs vs Sens... statement game

Leafs vs Islanders... Statement game.

Etc. Etc.

It's silly to me to put so much stock in a single game when all games are independent events.

We could beat Tampa 7-2 on Thursday and the only meaning to take from it would be +2 points.

Tonight's storyline? Didn't get 2 points. Move on.

WinB4IDIE

Oct 22, 2007
Ontario
They will win two of out of the next 14 because they are soft, gutless boring, little boys playing against men. Mark Hunter should be fired and run out of town on a rail!!

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
- Hyman stuck to Matthews
- Leivo sitting
- Marincin playing over Marchenko
- Babcock's only line change is flipping Brown/Nylander from Kadri line to Matthews line

I don't even.....

giphy.gif

I think he rolled boyle-matthews-marner a shift or two may have been nylander aswell? Close to the end in third

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Y'all understand that we'all gots to be better. Play better hockey. Talk better after and during that. And that's that.

Imagine how great andersen will bounce twerk back after this one. :thumb: He gon explode on all of y'all faces like hard y'all heard me.

McEelhheney can't play for us anymore this season, maybe one time after this horrid experience. Our souljas like Kadri and Komarov and Polak will be awfully better next game cause they souljas.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
This seems like one of those games that was going to go the wrong way no matter what. I am trying to find the positive, so this seems like a good game to have a **** effort.

Thursday becomes larger than it already was. Chance to leapfrog the Bolts.

As ****** as tonight was, if anyone told you we would have that opportunity come Thursday, we'd pretty much all take it. Boys just gotta get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad