Post-Game Talk: We only need five players

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Thankful for the win.

But sweet diggity, we are going to get DESTROYED in the playoffs if we make it there.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Seemed like a lot more. Bear made a few really bad reads and Nurse made some terrible decisions.
Yeah that pairing was not good tonight. I don't know if I can blame either one more than the other, but both made some major glaring mistakes and almost cost us the game. Hopefully they work it out by next game. It isn't about to get any easier with klef not coming back for a week or more.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Shout out to KRussell/Benning as well... good to have them back on the bottom pairing.

I know people are going to say "but their advanced stats sucked"... I don't care... they let zero in while they were on the ice (which is the norm for them)... and the team simply gets better results when those 2 are on the bottom pairing. Other players are able to do their jobs better when that bottom pairing does well in their roles and allows no goals against.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Larsson was our best dman tonight.
Big character win. They can take a lot from this game....including the fact they probably shouldn't have won it.
Huge 2 pts.

This was exactly the kind of game you hope someone like Larsson makes his value apparent. This was a tight checking game and he was killing it on the back end winning battle after battle and making sure to get his shots in on the jets as they tried to beat him.

He's never going to wow you with his skill, but I love what he brings when he's on his game.

Reactions: ujju2 and oilynutz

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Massive 2 points for the team. We were a bit lucky tonight. We got outplayed for the most part especially after the first period (I thought we had a good first). Jets probably deserved a better fate, they played a hard game. That Schiefele/Wheeler/Connor line scares the sh*t out of me. But like many games this year, our special teams were better, which was the case tonight.

I am a bit critical of Smith a times, (he gives me anxiety) but he was awesome tonight.

RNH and Draisaitl were just massive in this game.

McDavid looks off to me. He is a wizard on the PP and makes the PP great but he just didnt look that great 5 on 5. Looked a little better 5 on 5 in the third. I hope its just rust from being injured and new linemates, and hes not playing hurt.

I like Ennis. Just an effective player out there. I am not going to crap on AA at this point like some people. Lets give him some time to adjust.

I thought Khaira had a much better game than usual but he really has no finish. At some point you just wish some of these bottom 6 guys would cash in.

Props to Archibald and Sheahan for drawing the penalties from working hard.

As much as I love the two points, this team just confuses me at times. I just expected them to play harder than they did tonight. Hopefully Yamamoto/Klefbom are back soon.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
That's actually impressive considering the amount of icetime he gets.
Neal, Nygard, and Yam can't get back fast enough.

He's one goal away from being on the ice for the third most on the team over the last 14 games playing 9 minutes a night.

It's crazy haha.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Anyone produces with Mcdavid 5v5 theory is really being tested this season. I really hope we can find some kind of chemistry for him. He's waiting for PP's now to be able to do good stuff. AA better work his butt off to get that 1st line opportunity back. Dude would be a fool not to see this chance he has with a contract negotiation coming up.

Great game for Smith. Held the fort long enough for the team to get it together again after a full period of moping.

Love that Drai, and winger Nuge :)

Reactions: ujju2

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
It may not look like it, but I’m all situations, Oilers won the game in expected goals. A lot of Jets shots were on the outside while Oilers picked and chose really good places to shoot. Although not to take anything from Smith, he was superb as well.

Attachments

• 8C3BCA38-53CC-4F4A-BBF5-CD8C9EE3A4CF.png
    8C3BCA38-53CC-4F4A-BBF5-CD8C9EE3A4CF.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 7

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Need AA to get going, he hasn't been doing much out there the last 2 games.

Yes I know, 2 games.

I’m willing to let these games slide. He’s had what? Like 1 real practice and like 2 morning/optional skates with the team. He still looks like he’s still playing Blashill’s system.

I hope he gets up to speed soon though.

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland