Post-Game Talk: We only need five players

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Too many passengers, but Smith wasn’t going to let them lose this one. Huge win, but still haven’t found that 60 minute effort they are going to need going forward. Onto the next huge game.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Draisaitl's development curve, even up until now, is just insane. He's improved draistically every year. He went from one of the worst players in the NHL to a 50 point player to a ppg player to a 100 point player to the best player in the world this year.

There is no telling when he will stop improving.

Remember when people were screaming 8.5 was an overpay for him? He’s f***ing earned every penny.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
I want to try Yama with McDavid when he gets back. Kassian looks better working the cycle then working the rush.

Nuge is a beast. Sign that guy to a life time contract already.

Reactions: nally

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That Nurse - Bear pairing was a disaster tonight though. I’m scared to look at the numbers for them, they must have given up double digit HDSC against.
Nurse gave up 5 high danger chances against 5v5. We gave up 15 overall.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Jones and Larsson had a bonkers 75% Corsi that game, only 4 of our players were above 50

Out of our defence, they were certainly our best pairing tonight. Both had a few mistakes (Larsson got walked and bailed out once by Smith in the first, and I thought Jones was 90% at fault on their first goal) but overall Larsson had about as physical and efficient a defensive game as I've seen from him in some time, and Jones generally supported well and moved the puck well.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
That Nurse - Bear pairing was a disaster tonight though. I’m scared to look at the numbers for them, they must have given up double digit HDSC against.

There's times where Nurse has a puck and it's like his brain freezes and he's just standing there doing nothing with the puck. There was a play outside the Oilers blueline in the 3rd where the Jet player was getting close to picking his pocket.

Reactions: Cloned

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
They both looked really good minus some outlet pass issues....Jones starting to look confident and Lars wrecking bodies out there.
Jones works a lot better with Larsson than Nurse does. Nurse and Larsson are sub-par puck movers but effective physically. Jones adds some good outlet passes to that pairing.

JohnnyMcBadNews

Nov 26, 2004
source.gif

This will be Drai next year

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Patrick Russell has been on the ice for five of the last seven goals against at even strength.

That's actually impressive considering the amount of icetime he gets.
Neal, Nygard, and Yam can't get back fast enough.

Reactions: ujju2

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I know Bear had a rough game but he's still killing it for a rookie.

Those weren't an easy 23 minutes he played tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad