Post-Game Talk: We only need five players

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Man... after Koskinen's weak goal last game and Smith's game tonight, signing Smith is definitely Holland's 2nd best move of the summer.

Yet there was some nuts complaining about him after the Anaheim game. He has 1 regulation loss in the last 2 months FFS, 3rd most important player for this team in that stretch outside of Dry Yams.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Winning in regulation was huge. 4 up on the Jets now with 2 games in hand. 3 up on Flames with a game in hand

Reactions: Balakay14

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Needed that win. Team buckled down and battled to get the two points. Mike Smith first star, I don't care how many points the usual suspects got, Smith had half a dozen 5 bell saves.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
its only been a few games but Ennis looks better than AA. He gets to the gritty areas and has a better IQ in my opinion. Think AA gets moved down the lineup when Yamo is back?
I don't think that's entirely unexpected. Ennis is a 30 year old vet whos always been a high energy guy with offensive skills, he just couldn't stay healthy. Now this year he's been healthy and been having a solid season production wise.

AA on the other hand seems like the kind of guy who's more used to being the one in charge on a line, and is gonna take a bit of time to get used to not being the guy to drive the line. I have high hopes for him, but Ennis playing better than him short term makes sense to me. Hopefully AA can put it together soon though.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The key to this game was that I only saw the Oilers score their 3 goals... fell asleep for most of the 2nd and didn't see either of the 2 Jets goals scored.

So I'll try that "strategy" again next game since it lead to an Oilers win tonight. :)

Reactions: Oilhawks and Cloned

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
HUGE win.

Brought to you by
1200px-Smitty%27s_Logo.svg.png

Like Smitty the goalie both are old cheap and makes you shit your pants!!!

Reactions: Ol' Jase and Mez

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Kassian really didn't do anything for that line it felt like they succeeded despite him unfortunately and you definitely see the difference in the forecheck for that between him and Yams. Gotta ride Smith at this point his last 11 games record is too good not to. How mad will Flames/Leafs fans be if Draisaitl actually wins Hart/Art.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Draisaitl's development curve, even up until now, is just insane. He's improved draistically every year. He went from one of the worst players in the NHL to a 50 point player to a ppg player to a 100 point player to the best player in the world this year.

There is no telling when he will stop improving.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
I think AA will be good here. It'll take a bit to get some bad habits ironed out and get his drive back.
He definitely has the skill and its only been a few games, plus he was a bit banged up from the vegas game. Just wonder if you put Kassian in that spot once Yamo is back on the 2nd line. Because Ennis looks good with McDavid so far.

Having AA, Nygard and archibald in the bottom 6 is some nice speed we have been missing in past years

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
The Edmonton Draismiths.

Thank you MVP, Smitty, RNH for the goal and not much else and Khaira? Everybody else, be a lot better going forward please. The entire defense needs to figure out if they want to make the playoffs or keep playing like this. Take the 2 points and run, really really fast.

The only 3 people who actually tried, good on them. Also can we get McDavid some wingers?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That Nurse - Bear pairing was a disaster tonight though. I’m scared to look at the numbers for them, they must have given up double digit HDSC against.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Draisaitl's development curve, even up until now, is just insane. He's improved draistically every year. He went from one of the worst players in the NHL to a 50 point player to a ppg player to a 100 point player to the best player in the world this year.

There is no telling when he will stop improving.
Next year he will become a demi-god

Reactions: Oilhawks and Zaddy

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
The win was nice and I'll take the two points but holy f*** if they had Laine and Morrissey...I shudder to think what the outcome may have been.

But they didn't have them so...f*** 'em.
Right, they were missing Perrault too. We didn't have our little octopus (Yamo) either. F' em all..lol

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4