We have to change the uniform - facebook group and petition links in Post #1

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
The Leaf needs to be brown, wilted, and walked on by little kids for it to be truly authentic.

WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! Before anyone gets mad, I'm a Canuck fan. I KNOW bad logos!:nod:

The truth is, whether it's a corporate logo or a heritage beauty, you can learn to love ANYTHING when it's on a winner.

"V" jersey 1982 Cup run, anyone?:amazed:

soupisgoodfood

Dec 7, 2008
Alberta
First of all, great job guys for really getting this thing rolling! I'm not gonna lie, in the beginning, I did not expect it to get this far. At least not until it got to Burke... I really think if he get's a whiff of this (and feels the same way as we do) it's a done deal!

Unfortunately, it seems the primary angle the media have given the stories is that we want the switch for superstitious reasons... That sure seemed to have been the slant the journalist who got the quote from Red Kelly put on it. It was great to have him coment on this, but I think if he had just been asked which one he thought looked better he'd go with the one he wore. Instead, he just went on about how a jersey is a jersey and it's the players wearing it that make the difference. That's also what all the naysayers seem to be latching on to. We get it. I don't think anyone here expect us to win a cup the first season this thing is worn... It would be nice if more emphasis was placed on the fact the old style just flat out kicks the bejesus out of the modern one!

To those few that have really grabbed this by the balls and taken it - thank you!

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I'll tell you guys what:

I'd never buy one of the newer leafs jerseys. They're awful compared to earlier editions.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
Okay, an Idea that was suggested to me that I like.

How about we get as many people as possible to change their profile pics to support the cause?

So here is what you'll do.

Go here: http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._135784774851_514479851_3239418_6701093_n.jpg

Save that photo, and reupload it as your profile pic.

Keep it until at least Saturday, but the longer the better.

This will allow more people to see the cause that normally wouldn't, and show that the members on here are quite serious.

When you've done it, either reply to this message, or reply to this topic in the group:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=10574&uid=103489613206

Thanks Guys!

Jeff

PS- I'll be on the John Oakley show on AM640 at 7:10 AM tommorow. Yes, its early. No, I wouldn't be shocked if I don't wake up. Yes, it will be fun to hear me garble my words if I do. And Yes, Leafs Lunch would have made 1000x more sense.

Maybe we can do the same for Avatars here? I'm doing it, personally (not for long though, King Kubina has to live on forever).

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
First of all, great job guys for really getting this thing rolling! I'm not gonna lie, in the beginning, I did not expect it to get this far. At least not until it got to Burke... I really think if he get's a whiff of this (and feels the same way as we do) it's a done deal!

Unfortunately, it seems the primary angle the media have given the stories is that we want the switch for superstitious reasons... That sure seemed to have been the slant the journalist who got the quote from Red Kelly put on it. It was great to have him coment on this, but I think if he had just been asked which one he thought looked better he'd go with the one he wore. Instead, he just went on about how a jersey is a jersey and it's the players wearing it that make the difference. That's also what all the naysayers seem to be latching on to. We get it. I don't think anyone here expect us to win a cup the first season this thing is worn... It would be nice if more emphasis was placed on the fact the old style just flat out kicks the bejesus out of the modern one!

To those few that have really grabbed this by the balls and taken it - thank you!

I agree. The superstitious angle, I mean it should be in the conversation because it's surprisingly true. But I would have preferred if the focus was on aesthetics. What looks better/more appropriate to the history of the hockey team.

Magic_Hands

Jun 19, 2007
i would like to see the team bring in whole new jerseys along with any change. i think its boring and kinda dumb to just reuse old jerseys again.

i put these together last night as an example of what i'd like to see happen.

LeafslogoHome1JPG.jpg

LeafslogoAway1JPG.jpg

basically the same style and idea as what we had before but with "new" striping that matches all throughout the uniforms.

Those look neat.

All I basically want is that we bring back a) the old 37-point veined logo and b) the two stripes along the waist line.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
Got a quick IM from Jeff...says he'll be on the John Oakley Show on AM640 tommorow around 7.

7am. That blows. Poor Jeff.

How about poor me? Who they asked to do the interview first, and then bailed on for Jeff! :laugh:

I told them they should do it with Jeff, since it's his site. But I expected them to let me know they had got ahold of him, and would be doing the interview with him. I woke up at 330 am, stayed up over an hour waiting for them to call me.

I'm not bitter. Just slightly annoyed!

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
So how did the interview go? I missed it. :/

I thought it was alright, Stafford kept trying to get Jeff to say it was a Superstition thing but he denied that was the case for him. Brought up the Isles' issues with the NHL regarding changing their jersey, and Burke's precedent for doing this in the past.

Good facts, Jeff definitely showed he was 17 there though :laugh: stuttered like a mofo

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I thought it was alright, Stafford kept trying to get Jeff to say it was a Superstition thing but he denied that was the case for him. Brought up the Isles' issues with the NHL regarding changing their jersey, and Burke's precedent for doing this in the past.

Good facts, Jeff definitely showed he was 17 there though :laugh: stuttered like a mofo

It's OK though, those guys are jackasses. It's all about creating contraversy for them. The more crazy everything seems the more inclined people are to call in and rant and then they have a show.

It's not a superstitious thing at all, I really wish the media would stop that angle. It's cause OUR CURRENT JERSEY LOOKS LIKE CRAP, AND THE OLD LOGO IS COOLER LOOKING AND RESPECTIVE OF OUR COLLECTIVE ORIGINAL 6 PAST, IN WHICH NONE OF THE OTHER ORIGINAL 6'S HAVE DONE ANYTHING OF SIGNIFICANCE TO THEIR LOGOS, AND, blah.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.

Ya, I was sure they were going to bring that up. Wish I could have put my two cents in. But it sounds like he did a good job.

TML13

May 13, 2007
Anola, MB
what is wrong with the jerseys? i think i am gonna start a petition against this petition

whats wrong with the jerseys?:amazed:

for starters they are not Jerseys. two stripes on the sleeves of a blue pajama top don't count as a hockey jersey.
i'm more interested in seeing a change in the jerseys than the Logo, but a different logo would just be a bonus.

the Leafs current jerseys are just awful and i nearly cried when i saw how plain and boring they were when they debuted them.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca

for starters they are not Jerseys. two stripes on the sleeves of a blue pajama top don't count as a hockey jersey.
i'm more interested in seeing a change in the jerseys than the Logo, but a different logo would just be a bonus.

the Leafs current jerseys are just awful and i nearly cried when i saw how plain and boring they were when they debuted them.

Spot the difference:

oneill_jeff250.jpg

img.83447_t.jpg

The answer: two stripes on the sleeves... that's the difference between the Leafs current sweaters and the practice jerseys they wore a few years ago.

The current sweaters are ghetto. The ones they had before RBK showed up were very nice, but now they're half assed and the home-blues look brutal. It looks like the players are wearing a unitard.

Dec 22, 2008
Toronto
Does anyone think there is room for both sets of newer and older style of jerseys? (i.e. 4 jerseys) If we wore the post '67 style against some teams and the pre '67 style against others? I still think the new one needs the stipes along the bottom, but it has a place.

Lets say vintage against: Boston, Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago, Detriot, Edmonton, Montreal, NYR, NYI, Philadelphia and Vancouver.

New against the rest?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

Same. God awful.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Spot the difference:

oneill_jeff250.jpg

img.83447_t.jpg

The answer: two stripes on the sleeves... that's the difference between the Leafs current sweaters and the practice jerseys they wore a few years ago.

The current sweaters are ghetto. The ones they had before RBK showed up were very nice, but now they're half assed and the home-blues look brutal. It looks like the players are wearing a unitard.

There is no way I would purchase that sweater. Boring, fugly. Embarassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad