We have to change the uniform - facebook group and petition links in Post #1

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
say it with me...Ballard no more.

leafs_logo_2.gif

this is a symbol of losing and failure. the Wings, the Bruins, the Rangers, the Canadiens and the Blackhawks have all kept their basic design with no attempt to 'modernize' it. not the Leafs. we took a beautiful crest and jersey and made it corporate.

we have an alternate white uniform. of course, it is beautiful and the team looks so much better wearing it. oh baby, what a stunner...

schenn_luke_courtesy_260.jpg

but we haven't had an alternate (cough permanent...baby steps) blue Jersey in a long, long time.

well, we wear blue at home and our current one makes me want to puke.

610x.jpg

so I think it's time. my idea is very simple. take this jersey and get this style white crest on it. similar to my avatar if you like or to this pic of Dave Keon only with the updated arm striping.

dave-keon.jpg

boom, instant classic. the jersey should have draw strings as well, not the collar if someone could whip that up, that would be great. and then if you could tell me who to contact (RBK, MLSE) about getting an alternate blue this season I swear I'll do it.

leafjercopy.png

leafs1.jpg

A former member has started a site, with an online petition. He's had success getting noticed before. Perhaps he could be a good venue to get our message out.

http://leafslogo.com/

Here's the facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=103489613206

Join, and invite friends!

Last edited by a moderator:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
first off I need someone to photoshop this. not sure how.

second, I'm not sure who to contact to get this ball rolling. screw the petition those never go anywhere, I want to go right to the source.

so ideas would be appreciated.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

leafs_logo_2.gif

this is a symbol of losing and failure. the Wings, the Bruins, the Rangers, the Canadiens and the Blackhawks have all kept their basic design with no attempt to 'modernize' it. not the Leafs. we took a beautiful crest and jersey and made it corporate.

we have an alternate white uniform. of course, it is beautiful and the team looks so much better wearing it. oh baby, what a stunner...

but we haven't had an alternate (cough permanent...baby steps) blue Jersey in a long, long time.

610x.jpg

so I think it's time. my idea is very simple. take this jersey and get this style white crest on it. similar to my avatar if you like or to this pic of Dave Keon only with the updated arm striping.

dave-keon.jpg

boom, instant classic. the jersey should have draw strings as well, not the collar if someone could whip that up, that would be great. and then if you could tell me who to contact (RBK, MLSE) about getting an alternate blue this season I swear I'll do it.

leafjercopy.png

leafs1.jpg

clarkgotg.jpg

borje-salming.jpg

I'd like to see a new RBK Jersey done up (by someone with photoshop skills), with this old color scheme, bring back a jersey that two of the toughest leafs wore. Even Ron Wilson wore this jersey.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
first off I need someone to photoshop this. not sure how.

second, I'm not sure who to contact to get this ball rolling. screw the petition those never go anywhere, I want to go right to the source.

so ideas would be appreciated.

Brian Burke says he reads fan emails all the time.

russmatuss

Feb 10, 2008
Liverpool, England
I love the current 3rd's, especially the logo, and if your suggesting that we have that logo as our main and the jersey you posted at the bottom as our 3rd's then I am down with that, however I must say that I don't like the logo on the 3rd jersey that you designed (i think) enough to want it as our main logo, despite its history.

Derek Synak

Mar 14, 2009
Mistake by the Lake
Remember the Blue jersey worn for the NHL 75th anniversary season? I think that one along with our current alternate would make great uniforms. It was that one that made the leafs brass give up the shoulder stripes and add the old logo to the shoulders.

BIG BLUE

Apr 4, 2009
Toronto
I prefer it the way it is...the old one looks like Cannabis. :laugh:

I don't associate it with losing, we are the 9th best team of 30 over the past 15 years of NHL hockey.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

leafs_logo_2.gif

610x.jpg

dave-keon.jpg

leafjercopy.png

leafs1.jpg

i love it

you should send this to MLSE, i mean some guy send a letter to them and got the the logo at center ice changed so they'd have to consider it

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
not the Leafs. we took a beautiful crest and jersey and made it corporate.

I like the old jerseys too and would want to change back to them but I don't think they were looking to make it "more corporate". I know I have seen that shaped leaf somewhere else, hmmm...

flag_canada.gif

:sarcasm:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
To be honest, I don't really care for the veined maple leafs -- looks way too busy to me. I prefer the current one that shares design sensibilities with the one on the flag.

But really, hte idea that the logo is associated with losing is absolute nonsense. It's just a logo.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I agree. The new RBK jerseys, without any shoulder patches or torso stripes just look so .. bland. Like glorified practice jerseys.

Our current alternate jersey is great, and I support you in your attempts to get Leafs management thinking about changing our jersey to something a little more, traditional.

Oh and, first post. Heh.

Kencaid

Mar 22, 2009
Calgary, AB
i really like the 70s jerseys with a stripe going down the shoulder

same here, they were in NHL 08 (or 07 i dont remember which) and they were the only jerseys i used for the leafs.

Personally I disklike the old school maple leaf logo, but i think everyone can agree that the current jersy needs a change. New management, new coaching, new mentality, new team = new jersey IMO

I am on board for this.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
I agree with you 100% HellasLeaf, as would alot of Leaf fans.....I have mentioned this same thing before in posts.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad