We have to change the uniform - facebook group and petition links in Post #1

Marian Gaborik

Sep 20, 2005
I didn't even bother reading the entire article. screw him.

and he missed the damn point imo. It's not a curse or a need to return to the logo to have luck to win again.

IT JUST LOOKS 100x BETTER YOU FING MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I do agree that the logo does a hell of a lot better, but from the change the logo site it does give off the impression that the reason for wanting the change is because it was the "luckier" jersey.

I couldn't even finish the article when I was reading it this morning, but on the plus side it was on the second page of the front section.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
While I do agree that the logo does a hell of a lot better, but from the change the logo site it does give off the impression that the reason for wanting the change is because it was the "luckier" jersey.

I couldn't even finish the article when I was reading it this morning, but on the plus side it was on the second page of the front section.

The history of the jersey is definitely a big part of it. But one thing I'm not exactly happy about is the idea we're doing this, because of superstition. Not for one second has it ever been thought that changing the logo, would ultimatly mean we would win a cup. The idea is just that we've won, and going back to that tradition would be a welcome one. More so, it just looks a lot better than the current logo.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
The history of the jersey is definitely a big part of it. But one thing I'm not exactly happy about is the idea we're doing this, because of superstition. Not for one second has it ever been thought that changing the logo, would ultimatly mean we would win a cup. The idea is just that we've won, and going back to that tradition would be a welcome one. More so, it just looks a lot better than the current logo.

When it comes down to it, we just want our boys to look the best they can. ;)

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
We've hit a hornets nest. Oh man. Can we at least change the jerseys, they ****ing SUCK!

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
Wow... just... wow. These are people that operate motor vehicles...

They're essentially threatening to stop being Leaf fans, if the logo changes. Where I can honestly say not one single member of our group has threatened to change teams, if we don't get a change.

Now, there's some real fans for ya.:shakehead

ugotmybeef*

They're essentially threatening to stop being Leaf fans, if the logo changes. Where I can honestly say not one single member of our group has threatened to change teams, if we don't get a change.

Now, there's some real fans for ya.:shakehead

Fans?, those people come and go.

Theron

#beauty
Jul 19, 2007
Burlington, Ontario
lol @ the discussion board on the link

Don't be fooled, Jeff is a Sens fan.

Honestly I'd like to keep the current leaf logo .. but id do this .. but adding nameplates.

jerseysj.gif

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

LOL @ Jeff being a SENS fan.

I own a Canucks jersey, a panthers jersey (both found at valu village for 5 bucks, woot) and a Jets jersey.

I guess I'm not a Leafs fan.

Well I have two Leafs jerseys and one Team Canada jersey as well.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

Honestly I'd like to keep the current leaf logo .. but id do this .. but adding nameplates.

jerseysj.gif

Those are a beautiful design, great job! I'd probably get chills seeing a dark jersey like those playing live. Thats a champions jersey, they have big shoes to go out there and fill wearing that.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

jerseysj.gif

Those are decent, I don't like the 70's style arms though, never have.

As long as we don't end up with LEAFS across the front, oh geez..

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006

I want a total logo change as well. But I would accept the compromise of the introduction of a heritage blue jersey and that they wear that and the 3rd more than the others. That would make me happy. a complete logo change top to bottom would be incredible though. for me it's an aesthetic thing more than anything else. I just think they look about 100x better then the crap they wear now.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
C'mon, we're the only NHL team to wear pyjamas for most of the games. It's great. :/

ugotmybeef*

I want a total logo change as well. But I would accept the compromise of the introduction of a heritage blue jersey and that they wear that and the 3rd more than the others. That would make me happy. a complete logo change top to bottom would be incredible though. for me it's an aesthetic thing more than anything else. I just think they look about 100x better then the crap they wear now.

you mean the practice jerseys.

TML13

May 13, 2007
Anola, MB
i would like to see the team bring in whole new jerseys along with any change. i think its boring and kinda dumb to just reuse old jerseys again.

i put these together last night as an example of what i'd like to see happen.

LeafslogoHome1JPG.jpg

LeafslogoAway1JPG.jpg

basically the same style and idea as what we had before but with "new" striping that matches all throughout the uniforms.

Or even something completely different than what we have ever had such as these ones i did a little while back.

LeafsHome12.png

(w/ new socks)http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m42/21Dhall21/Leafs Stuff/LeafsHome1.png

LeafsAway12.png

(w/ new socks)http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m42/21Dhall21/Leafs Stuff/LeafsAway1.png

i would love something like these because they have that interchanging style like the Red Wings where just the main color of the uniform switches and that creates two completely different looks while still staying consistent.
(shoulder logo would be the '67-'70 leaf and new socks are optional)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad