We have to change the uniform - facebook group and petition links in Post #1

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
It looks like the Sens fans have been doing something similar on their board, and have been much more successful in what they're doing. I'm starting to wonder if we're sitting too dormant, especially Jeff, who's barely been heard from on the matter in the past week.

TorFC-TML*

I really like both the new school Leaf and the old school Leaf.

I hate, hate, hate, hate the design of the current home and (especially) away jersey.

That plain white jersey just looks absolutely horrible.

It is an abomination and downright offensive that the Leafs have one of, if not the worst jersey in the entire league.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I'm not even a part of the this because I really don't care about the jersey that much, but I didn't see anyone mention the fact that this facebook group was mentioned on the Bill Watters show yesterday or the day before, so it's certainly looks as though you guys are being heard by some anyway.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
So it appears that the Senators petition to change their 3rd jersey (great idea), which was dormant for a year, has picked up the pace and now has more signatures than us. The Sens are contacting the petition leader. Did we drop the ball on this one by comparison?

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
Yet another bump...I'm assuming nobody really cares anymore?

You gotta think that by now MLSE has taken notice of this and if something is going to happen, we'd have heard about it by now. Everyone's ran out of ideas.

I care, just not sure what else to do. We've had media coverage, the petition. I've suggested gatherings, to get further media coverage, but there hasn't been much response to it.

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
Sign The Petition To Change the Leafs Logo Back to the 1960's Jersey

The leafs are one of the most storied franchises in hockey and our current logo dosnt reflect that. The leafs are the only original six team to dramatically change their uniform from its original form and it just dosnt make sense, the leafs are a historic team with a great tradition. The leafs have won 10 cups and reached 14 cup finals in their 36 point leaf uni's (currently their third jerseys); and with their current jersey....didly squat, obviously changing the jersey back wont make the leafs win the cup im not suggesting that. The oldschool jersey is simply a much better looking design then the bland 12 point leaf logo the leafs have used since the 70's. We should embrace our winning heritage and bring back the old jerseys, theyre a handsome jersey and I think we'd get alot more respect around the league sporting them on a everygame basis as our primary logo. look at all the other original six teams none have ever changed their jerseys since their inception with the exception of minor tinkering, and they are all some of the nicest jerseys in the NHL. The leafs new reebok jerseys tries to look to modern for one of the oldest clubs in hockey. LETS NOT DENY OUR PAST AS A HISTORIC HOCKEY TEAM. Everybody in favour of the Leafs going back to their old look not just as our third jersey should go to www.leafslogo.com and join the over 1500 fans to sign the petition. If enough of Leafs Nation signs MLSE will have to take notice and realise our logo should be switched back to its gorgeous 36 point design. Lets Git R Done. Also feel free to share you thoughts on the topic and whether youd be for the change or not.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Welcome to HF.. I think you'll find that that movement was essentially started here lol.. one sec, let me find the thread.

edit: got 'er..merged.

Last edited:

akademiks

Dec 19, 2008
*tumbleweed*

Talked to Jeff a few days ago, he told me he's looking at doing a rally/real life signing but he's not sure if the interest is there or how to organize it.

Is anyone going to the Coke Zero fan first game? Maybe that would provide opportunities for further exposure?

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
Is anyone going to the Coke Zero fan first game? Maybe that would provide opportunities for further exposure?

Damn that's a good idea. Custom T-Shirts to wear would be the best idea I think. But it's only a week away - would make it extremely difficult to get them made up and handed out to everyone to wear.

Maybe some shirts could still be made, and people could just wear them to the games that they go to this year?

Kencaid

Mar 22, 2009
Calgary, AB
i dont think the movement is dead. Personally I don't see the jerseys changed till next year when we will be a in a position for a playoff run (hopefully).

Once burke has finished putting his mark on this team, then we should see the jersey change, until then we watch the leafs play in blue pajamas.

akademiks

Dec 19, 2008
i dont think the movement is dead. Personally I don't see the jerseys changed till next year when we will be a in a position for a playoff run (hopefully).

Once burke has finished putting his mark on this team, then we should see the jersey change, until then we watch the leafs play in blue pajamas.

I can see that happening. If there were more time, some type of shirt handed out would easily add some support (and at least fans would get free shirts :)) but hopefully Burke realizes this by next year, when the team is ready to challenge for the Cup.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
I can see that happening. If there were more time, some type of shirt handed out would easily add some support (and at least fans would get free shirts :)) but hopefully Burke realizes this by next year, when the team is ready to challenge for the Cup.

Unless a bunch of us were to throw in cash, I doubt something like this can be done on a solid scale. Someone suggested in the FB group that Jeff should rent out booths at the HHOF and Eaton Centre, and the response was:

A fine suggestion Sandeep, but I also have the issue of not having enough money to do such a thing. We'd have to find a place where I'm not spending much if any money. >_<

This is what happens when the head of the petition is a teenager :laugh:

Though this would cost less, I still don't think it would be something that could be done on a decent sized scale without a bunch of funding from everyone.

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
Unless a bunch of us were to throw in cash, I doubt something like this can be done on a solid scale. Someone suggested in the FB group that Jeff should rent out booths at the HHOF and Eaton Centre, and the response was:

This is what happens when the head of the petition is a teenager :laugh:

Though this would cost less, I still don't think it would be something that could be done on a decent sized scale without a bunch of funding from everyone.

So print out some flyers and hand them out before games or something. There's lots of ways to get the message out, but the most effective ways require people getting off their *****.

akademiks

Dec 19, 2008
Sent another message to the MLSE marketing department today, hopefully it gets to the right people.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing in behalf of the members of Hockey Forums message boards (and the Toronto Maple Leafs subforum) in regards to the jerseys in which the team currently uses as their home and away uniforms.

The online support for the return of the retro design of the Maple Leaf has been steadily increasing, to the point where an article was even featured in the Toronto Sun regarding the issue. Furthermore, we will attempt to even create more buzz with advertisements to be possibly handed out at the Coke Zero Fans First game on September 16th.

I am hoping this will reach the appropriate individuals, as there are no direct contact links to the marketing department. Listed below are the links to the Hockey Forums message board and online petition. We feel that a change is well overdue in Toronto, and the "new" old look of the Leafs would help accomplish that.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=663778
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=103489613206

I was limited to 100 characters, but hopefully the point gets across. I tried to make our cause more viable to the marketing department(s), thus the inclusion of the advertisements at the Coke Zero game.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
According to the group page, Jeff will be at the tailgate party and the game trying to get some more signatures, so if you see him, approach him, from the interviews he's done he seems like a shy guy in reality (I could be completely wrong though).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad