We have the Cap room!! 2019-20 UFA Targets??

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Saad Toews Kahun
DeBrincat Strome Kane
Panarin Anisimov Sikura
Perlini Kampf Hayden

Keeps all three of Toews, Kane, and Panarin separated in order to create three killer lines. At least one of Anisimov or Saad will be traded by next season IMO, so replace either one with Hughes/Kakko and readjust the lines a little to make it work.

If you’re going to do that, I’d rather drop Kane to that third line and double shift him on the power play. Basically give Kane the Kessel role, a PPG player on the third line.

Use your money to get a stud to play next to DeBrincat-Strome and make that a really strong second line.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Would you be okay with signing Panarin and NOT pairing him with Kane?

I’m thinking a Panarin-Toews-Saad line would be one hell of a top line, and would kind of be a perfectly balanced top line.

Also Panarin away from Kane seems to be more aggressive and more willing to put in effort defensively.

Nah.

Kane and Panarin were just too good together...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Toews has Cat and Saad

I mean lines would be switched up 4 games into the season anyway

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Nah.

Kane and Panarin were just too good together...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Toews has Cat and Saad

I mean lines would be switched up 4 games into the season anyway

Panarin and Kane scored a lot, but also gave up a lot. So wasn’t it kind of broke in the sense of goal differential?

Also, Toews hasn’t had DeBrincat in weeks.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You don’t sign Panarin to a 70 million dollar deal to play with Anisimov only. It has to be Kane.

Saad-Toews-Kahun
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Sikura
Kampf-Barratt-Hayden
Perlini

That’d be my lineup to start camp

Last edited:
Reactions: nmgrbhfn

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You don’t sign Panarin to a 70 million dollar deal to play with Anisimov only. It has to be Kane.

Saad-Toews-Kahun
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Sikura
Kampf-Barratt-Hayden

Why not? Game breaking talents can play on a 3rd line and produce. Not sure where Laine is right now, but for the longest time he was on the third line and was killing it. Helps with overall team depth that way.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Why not? Game breaking talents can play on a 3rd line and produce. Not sure where Laine is right now, but for the longest time he was on the third line and was killing it. Helps with overall team depth that way.

If the third line is Cat, Strome and Sikura/Kahun then the depth is really good.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Panarin and Kane scored a lot, but also gave up a lot. So wasn’t it kind of broke in the sense of goal differential?

Also, Toews hasn’t had DeBrincat in weeks.

I mean he has them as options.

Toews will be limited..no matter who he plays with I think the max you could expect out of him is what? 70 points.

Kane and Panarin again I think you are getting 90-100 out of both of them

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I’d rather have Kane on the third line than Panarin. I think if you have the luxury of spreading three guys out, you put your biggest defensive liability on the third. That’s what Pens successfully did with Kessel.

Panarin-Toews-Saad
DeBrincat-Strome-Kahun or FA or draft pick
Hayden-Kampf-Kane
4th line

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I mean he has them as options.

Toews will be limited..no matter who he plays with I think the max you could expect out of him is what? 70 points.

Kane and Panarin again I think you are getting 90-100 out of both of them

Toews at 70 points is really f***ing good first line production. That’s not limited when his line is putting that up while hardly allowing goals to opposing top lines.

Panarin and Kane scoring 90-100 while allowing 90-100 creates fun hockey, but doesn’t help your goal differential.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003

Saad-Toews-Kahun
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Sikura
Kampf-Barratt-Hayden
Perlini

Great lines! Don't think Barratt will be ready for the NHL next year, especially in a 4th line role. But, like the combos. Problem is the 7 guys on D and whatever happens with Crow!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Toews at 70 points is really ****ing good first line production. That’s not limited when his line is putting that up while hardly allowing goals to opposing top lines.

Panarin and Kane scoring 90-100 while allowing 90-100 creates fun hockey, but doesn’t help your goal differential.
Yup, but the stat sheet doesn't show you that, you have to actually watch the game to see that.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018

Saad-Toews-Kahun
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Sikura
Kampf-Barratt-Hayden
Perlini

Do you think Barratt goes pro at the end of the NCAA season?

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Do you guys think there's a chance Stan chases Bob in free agency? With no clear elite goaltender in the pipeline coming up, I could see him doing it if Crawford LTIRs next year.

With that, I'd think we'd see little else added to the forward or defensive lineup via free agency. So my guess is we could only see a top draft pick and call ups added.

Kakko-Toews-Kane (put Kakko in the lottery spot and let two hall of famers shepherd along our new forward franchise cornerstone)

DeBrincat-Strome-Saad (I think this is a legit NHL second line, and on paper it looks like it should be among the better second lines in the league. I'd like to see this line together now.)

Perlini/UFA-Kampf-Kahun (I think if you have extra cap space to play with, you try and strengthen this line)

Ejdsell-Johnson-Highmore
(Just took a guess of some forwards in the system that may be able to make the jump to 4th line)

*Not sure where Hayden, Sikura and Anisimov fit here, but I guess you could swap them for any of those bottom-6 pieces.

Keith-Boqvist (Let a hall of famer shepherd along our new defensive franchise cornerstone)

Forsling-Jokiharu (If Mitchell beats out Forsling, he plays next to Joki)

Dahlstrom-Murphy (I'd keep this physical/stay-at-home 3rd pair together into next year)

*Not sure what to do with Seabrook. If Mitchell can't beat out Forsling, I guess he spends a year in the AHL and he's a callup if someone gets hurt, I think you want him playing a bigger role than a third-pairing.

Bobrovsky
Delia/FA

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Do you guys think there's a chance Stan chases Bob in free agency? With no clear elite goaltender in the pipeline coming up, I could see him doing it if Crawford LTIRs next year.

With that, I'd think we'd see little else added to the forward or defensive lineup via free agency. So my guess is we could only see a top draft pick and call ups added.

Kakko-Toews-Kane (put Kakko in the lottery spot and let two hall of famers shepherd along our new forward franchise cornerstone)

DeBrincat-Strome-Saad (I think this is a legit NHL second line, and on paper it looks like it should be among the better second lines in the league. I'd like to see this line together now.)

Perlini/UFA-Kampf-Kahun (I think if you have extra cap space to play with, you try and strengthen this line)

Ejdsell-Johnson-Highmore
(Just took a guess of some forwards in the system that may be able to make the jump to 4th line)

*Not sure where Hayden, Sikura and Anisimov fit here, but I guess you could swap them for any of those bottom-6 pieces.

Keith-Boqvist (Let a hall of famer shepherd along our new defensive franchise cornerstone)

Forsling-Jokiharu (If Mitchell beats out Forsling, he plays next to Joki)

Dahlstrom-Murphy (I'd keep this physical/stay-at-home 3rd pair together into next year)

*Not sure what to do with Seabrook. If Mitchell can't beat out Forsling, I guess he spends a year in the AHL and he's a callup if someone gets hurt, I think you want him playing a bigger role than a third-pairing.

Bobrovsky
Delia/FA

I think Varlomov would be more likely unless Bob gets cheaper (like 6.0 cheap).

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think Varlomov would be more likely unless Bob gets cheaper (like 6.0 cheap).

That's true, he could go there as well and save money to eventually pay Jokiharu and Boqvist. In the short-term, I'd hope he'd use the additional space on short deals to make the third line stronger.

What do you think of the rest of the lineup breakdown?

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think Barrat slots in for Johnson. Think Shaw but more skill.

I am not a Kane with Toews guy.

I'd like Barratt over Johnson, if he's ready.

Why aren't you a Kane with Toews guy? Just for the balanced scoring idea?

I just don't think there's another way to hide Kane's lack of defensive effort, Toews I think can shelter him better than Colliton trying to play a matchup game with him.

I'd argue that second line should be good enough to provide you legitimate secondary scoring,

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'd like Barratt over Johnson, if he's ready.

Why aren't you a Kane with Toews guy? Just for the balanced scoring idea?

I'd argue that second line should be good enough to provide you legitimate secondary scoring,

I don’t think they mesh as players anymore. Kane needs someone who thinks the game in the crazy way he does. Toews does not and Strome does (as does Jack Hughes). Toews is a this best with Saad and Cat imo.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don’t think they mesh as players anymore. Kane needs someone who thinks the game in the crazy way he does. Toews does not and Strome does (as does Jack Hughes). Toews is a this best with Saad and Cat imo.

I agree with that, but is Colliton good enough with playing matchups to put a Kane in a position where his lack of defensive effort won't neutralize his offensive production?

I think the team needs Toews as Kane's safety net more than it needs Strome to do crazy stuff on the ice with Kane.

My theory is this team has a better goal differential if Toews and Kane are together rather than split, unless you get a defensive stud to cover for Kane. I don't know if that necessarily means they score more goals, but I think they do a better job of scoring more than the opposition.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Personally I would love

Saad/Toews/Stone
Dzingel/Hughes/Kane
Debrincat/Strome/Perlini?
Johnson/Kampf/Hayden or Highmore
Keith/Boqvist
Dahlstrom/Murphy
Forsling/Jokiharju
As a 7th dman Seabrook (probably won't happen)
Delia
Elliot? (cheap good 1b)

Reactions: southernbeardown54

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad