We have the Cap room!! 2019-20 UFA Targets??

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Imo he will be. Turns 27 in next July so isnt he?
He would have to be 27 before July 1st.

Edit: Wow his birthday is July 8th, that's tough.

Last edited:

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
So I'm almost positive he can't become a UFA until 2020.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Unrealistic, but fun to fantasize about:

Stone-Toews-Saad
Panarin-Hughes-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Kahun
Hayden-Kampf-Perlini

Keith-Jokiharju
Forsling-Boqvist
Murphy-Mitchell

That’s probably the best bottom-6 since 2015, and that part is realistic assuming two top-6 wingers are brought in. Both Panarin and Stone aren’t realistic, but one and a lesser version of the other may be. Like Stone and Silvferberg maybe?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Like Stone and Silvferberg maybe?

I think we should try and make a trade with Tampa for J.T. Miller if we do land a center at the draft. He could probably come pretty cheap given they need to shed salary. He could also be moved to center if we have injuries or the kid we draft doesn't make the jump. Plus he's only 26. Obviously try to sign Panarin.

Lines:

Lines.JPG

Salary:
Cap.JPG

Manning and Anisimov both traded in the off-season for whatever we can get.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
J.T. Miller is actually pretty good player. He would drive us nuts though because he isn't giving it every single night.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think we should try and make a trade with Tampa for J.T. Miller if we do land a center at the draft. He could probably come pretty cheap given they need to shed salary. He could also be moved to center if we have injuries or the kid we draft doesn't make the jump. Plus he's only 26. Obviously try to sign Panarin.

Lines:

View attachment 163981

Salary:
View attachment 163975

Manning and Anisimov both traded in the off-season for whatever we can get.

Insert Boqvist + Barratt and change the spelling to Jack Hughes at 2C and this team looks exciting.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Insert Boqvist + Barratt and change the spelling to Jack Hughes at 2C and this team looks exciting.

I really like the idea of DeBrincat and Strome as the third line, and Kampf on the 4th line. It makes this team look so much deeper.

I don't think that means DeBrincat is a third liner, but Sharp and Teravainen weren't third liners either and they were huge on our 2015 third line.

Also, I still feel like you invest the FA money into a guy for Toews' line rather than for Kane's. Kane can score while having pretty much anybody on his line, Toews needs two really good players as he matches up with opposing top lines.

I think I'd lean stronger toward Stone over Panarin, unless you think Panarin can now play with Toews since his game evolved in Columbus.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

From the article you posted in the prospects thread I think Boqvist himself might want another year of development before he makes the team. I don't think it's such a bad idea either.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
From the article you posted in the prospects thread I think Boqvist himself might want another year of development before he makes the team. I don't think it's such a bad idea either.
the problem with that is with the salary cap and burning through his elc or what ever he is in, the nhl clubs want the player on the main squad.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
the problem with that is with the salary cap and burning through his elc or what ever he is in, the nhl clubs want the player on the main squad.

Boqvist can go back to the Knights and it wouldn’t burn anything on his ELC.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Would you be okay with signing Panarin and NOT pairing him with Kane?

I’m thinking a Panarin-Toews-Saad line would be one hell of a top line, and would kind of be a perfectly balanced top line.

Also Panarin away from Kane seems to be more aggressive and more willing to put in effort defensively.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Would you be okay with signing Panarin and NOT pairing him with Kane?

I’m thinking a Panarin-Toews-Saad line would be one hell of a top line, and would kind of be a perfectly balanced top line.

Also Panarin away from Kane seems to be more aggressive and more willing to put in effort defensively.
Saad Toews Kahun
DeBrincat Strome Kane
Panarin Anisimov Sikura
Perlini Kampf Hayden

Keeps all three of Toews, Kane, and Panarin separated in order to create three killer lines. At least one of Anisimov or Saad will be traded by next season IMO, so replace either one with Hughes/Kakko and readjust the lines a little to make it work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->