We clinched while losing! WTF is a brony? Edition

Halifaxhab*

I wonder about the icetime doled out to the Dmen....odd. But really, the whole game was just not good. If it was picking up any momentum at all...Chris mother fing Lee made some ridiculous call. And they were going against both sides....just horrendous. No one was able to get anything going.

We lost because Tampa got a good bounce or two.

Bottom line. The playoff matchup is a pretty good one. It'll be fun to watch....because we should be Chris Lee free.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
[NHL][/NHL]

Really? You didn't notice the team we're shorthanded for alomost the whole third period? On top of that PK had one of his worst games in a while.
The Habs didn't play well in the 2nd and 3rd periods...outside of Price of course.
The refs were horrendous, towards both teams...
So, we were 1-1-2 vs Tampa...that should motivate the boys for the playoffs, but unfortunately they seem to have the brighter coach, so?

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
Anyone fathom a guess as to why the coach changed the lines after winning? Kid line was gone and so was Bourque Briere Gionta.

No wonder the players have no time to get chemistry.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:laugh: After one bad game? Seriously? :help:

Plekanec, Chuckie and Vanek may very well be a great line. But the less overly emotional reaction would be to be to keep the current number 1 line together until they play terribly for at least a handful of games.

And it's obviously isn't about 1 bad game. We keep having this talk about having at least 2 real snipers on 2 different lines and in prevision of the playoffs that are coming, the idea is to already put that in place so that the chemistry would be there during those playoffs....not in the summer. A handful of game would be too many and then you hope that the new line click sooner than they might.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Whitesnake, if Galchenyuk and Vanek play with Plekanec, which line can be the shutdown line to play against the other team's top forwards?

It's not pretty, but Moen-Plekanec-Gionta is simply very effective in shutdown duty. I'd put Galchenyuk-Gallagher-Briere or something like that as a third line to clean up against the other team's weaker lines.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The guys were not up for this game, Tampa is not that scary to play against and we will do fine against them in the playoffs. We were also in good shape(for a road game) until DD went globe trotter and made that terrible pass. We will be better, lets move on and forget it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
What has Galchenyuk exactly done in the last 2 months to play with Vanek and disassemble our best line offensively? I get that we can reunite Gallagher with Pacioretty and Desharnais but what's the point? That line is as bad defensively and not as good offensively. Although it's a small sample, Vanek has shown a lot more chemistry with Patches and DD than Plekanec and cie. We're 6 games before the playoffs, it's not time to panic and change all of our lines because of one bad road game where the entire team played like **** except for Price, Weaver, Plekanec and Gionta.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Bad game overall. The players didn't look prepared for this game. Too many turnovers. Tampa Bay sure has some speedsters on their roster.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Team played like **** and still had a chance to win until that short-handed goal, bad games happen and we just won 5 in a row.. nothing to worry about. Hopefully Gorges is back soon and we don't have to see Bouillon/Murray any longer.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I knew the Habs were gonna be in trouble when I realized they had been on vacation in Florida for like 5 days. Back to work this weekend guys.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Team played like **** and still had a chance to win until that short-handed goal, bad games happen and we just won 5 in a row.. nothing to worry about. Hopefully Gorges is back soon and we don't have to see Bouillon/Murray any longer.

Would rather see bouillon gone before Murray. As much as I dislike both as players(right now) would rather see Murray.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Price was beyond awesome yesterday. What would be the score if he didn't show up ?
Plekanec was good too.

IMO, the TB disallowed goal should count.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012

I don't think so, he was standing like a foot into crease and preventing Price from moving up to challenge shot.

It's unfortunate that fans are confused by the legality of this, mostly because it is not called enough or consistently, but that is interference.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The Tampa goal definitely should have counted. Price was able to move to attempt the save, and only after the puck went in was he blocked by the Lightning player. It was one of many, many, many bad calls last night.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Whitesnake, if Galchenyuk and Vanek play with Plekanec, which line can be the shutdown line to play against the other team's top forwards?

It's not pretty, but Moen-Plekanec-Gionta is simply very effective in shutdown duty. I'd put Galchenyuk-Gallagher-Briere or something like that as a third line to clean up against the other team's weaker lines.

Your shutdown line will play 18-20 minutes....cause that's how the opponnent will put their top line out there. So you're line would almost certainly prevent any scoring during 1/3 of the game. The shutdown is supposed to a be a 2-way line, or a "all game situation line" if you prefer.

And we saw against Team like Boston and Tampa with great defensive system, they can shutdown our one-line team system. Tampa did it all year against DD's line with Gallagher or Vanek.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta (All game situation, 19-20 minutes a game line, PP-PK)
Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Vanek (Offensive game situation, PP, 16-18 minutes)

None of those line will outproduced the Pac-DD-Vanek line.....but that top 6 will produce more than the one we got now. Galchenyuk need to be on that line and Pacioretty is the only one that can take on Stamkos line and get out on top.

Last edited:

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
The Tampa goal definitely should have counted. Price was able to move to attempt the save, and only after the puck went in was he blocked by the Lightning player. It was one of many, many, many bad calls last night.

Could he move forward, which is how a goalie cuts angle? No, because the guy was planted, both feet, in his crease. Players are not allowed to do that in the crease, pretty simple.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Price was beyond awesome yesterday. What would be the score if he didn't show up ?
Plekanec was good too.

TB disallowed goal should not count nor should any goal when a player has two feet inside the crease of their own volition prior to the puck penetrating crease space. I'm not talking toenail in the crease here. Do you think the blue paint is there to allow for color calibration on the net cam? This rule isn't new you know. It's been around LIKE FOREVER...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Could he move forward, which is how a goalie cuts angle? No, because the guy was planted, both feet, in his crease. Players are not allowed to do that in the crease, pretty simple.

It astounds me as to how many people aren't clear about the rules and regulations pertaining to the crease. Like you said simple. I had no goal as soon as i saw it. I don't think the closer of the two officials
did (Lee?) Only on consultation with the other on ice officials was it disallowed. Glad they got it right.:amazed:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
[NHL][/NHL]

Really? You didn't notice the team we're shorthanded for alomost the whole third period? On top of that PK had one of his worst games in a while.

So what?? PK still finished as the least used Dman at ES. That's unacceptable. Really, wtf is going on when we use our best Dman the least at ES. It's freaking Pejorative Slured.
I don't care how many penalties we took (and btw, Subban can play the PK just fine), it doesn't explain how Markov gets around 16min of ES time, and PK gets 11 (they have the same ice time on the PP too, so you can't blame that).

This isn't new. PK's handling this year has been a farce.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

The kids should not be on with Plekanec. I have no idea what they are doing there.
Both of them should be centered by Eller on the 3rd line. We know that it can work.
So stick with it. Plek-Gio-Briere was a working line. I have no clue why they were broken up, but try to make it work. If it doesn't, you know you can throw any grinder like Moen and they'll be even better at shutting down opponents. But you want a line capable of shutting down+creating offense. You can even try placing Bourque back there at times.

But the fact we are still discussing this now is bad. The fact this squad still can't organized themselves properly defensively is bad. The fact we still have a horrible transition game is bad. The fact our PP hasn't improved when we know it can be a top one is bad. Zero improvements over the course of the season outside the DD line.
Even on an individual basis, you can't say that certain players have improved, doing things they weren't doing before.
I'm so unimpressed by the coaching staff this year. Really night and day compared to last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad