We clinched while losing! WTF is a brony? Edition

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Still hate how MT is using Subban.

Subban is the kind of player that want you to have his back. The more confidence you give him, the better he'll be. He's a vet now, if he makes a mistake, he will know it. Benching him at this point of his career will not do anything. The guy is a warrior and is probably the one that wants to win the most. He's also a player that can change the game by himself. I hate the "showing who's the boss" treatment Therrien always give. A player is smart enough to recognize his mistake. Talk to him and them give him a tap to encourage him. What did all the punishment MT gave led to? Nothing.

Fact is, Subban "regressed" this season. I expected at least a 20 goals season for Subban... not 10. MT toned him down a lot and Subban now plays to please the coach, not to win the game.

Seriously, sometime I watch his ice time, Subban is not being used as a Norris winner, he plays like Marc-Andre Bergeron ffs. I don't care about circumstances.. there's no reason to use Murray more than Subban. And having a lot of penalty to kill is not a reason. **** Therrien.

The playoffs will tell the tale. Last season was a sprint and there was very little left in the tank in the playoffs. This year, time was manged a little more and hopefully that will result in a fresher team. Also since we were playing Tampa, no need to show them anything they can use to break down and adjust to right away.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Thanks god we have Carey Price...this guy is just totally awesome this year.
Other than that....this line-up won't compete with Tampa.

Let's hope for Gorges back soon.....and Prust if possible.

Let's hope Therrien won't coach in the PO like he did tonight,

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Price is an elite goaltender, he'll be fine as long as we score some goals (Come on Vanek and Pac!) We also need to find a working 2nd line.

Elite goaltenders can only do so much. We'd have a working second line if the coach wasn't a clown.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
people keep talking like tampa is a lesser team. they're a good team, the series will be a battle and it's not likely any team runs away with the series, or a game.

really..it was 1-1, we played poor, and desharnais probably created his worse turn-over all year, on the pp.

people need to realise, losing to tampa isn't bad. they're a good team.

I really don't like PJ Stock, it's clear he loves to be the ''bad'' guy on AC and always say pretty stupid things. But tonight he was right. The Habs have the same problems we had to start the year. Defense is confused, we give up our blue line and let the opponent in way too easily, we are often skating around senselessly chasing our opponents in our zone, we dump the puck off the boards and right into the opponent's hands more often than not, we have close to no transition game (to the point where I'm actually surprised when we're able to do 3 fast passes and be out of the zone). Our defensive and transition games are horrible, not to mention our weak ES play.

Now, at least we added Vanek. It does help a bit with the offense, but Therrien needs to stick with a 3rd line and stop flipflopping guys around. Eller is a center, every time he's moved to the wing, he plays like crap. Keep him at center and make up your mind as to him being the 3rd or 4th one.

We need to permanently rid ourselves of Murray. He's bad, but he's even worse versus a fast team like TB, if that was even possible. Tinordi is way more agile, he needs to be inserted so he can keep gaining experience for the POs. The return of Gorges will hopefully move Bouillon out of the line up again. Dressing Bouillon and Murray in the same game should be a decision never taken.

We can definitely beat TB. But that won't happen unless we tighten up our game.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Thanks god we have Carey Price...this guy is just totally awesome this year.
Other than that....this line-up won't compete with Tampa.

Let's hope for Gorges back soon.....and Prust if possible.

Let's hope Therrien won't coach in the PO like he did tonight,

Overreaction over one game, we can complete with Tampa and this was our worst game in a longtime. I find it crazy how a lot of people were confident and one crappy game changed that, relax we will be fine.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
okay 5 games left a couple of back to back scenarios...
hamilton dead in the water who can we bring up and when?
wouldn't mind spelling Markov for a game or two.
it's gonna be kinda hard to win home ice now so nothing left to play for.
a win or two should clinch 3rd overall...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Way too many scoring chances against tonight... point blank shots that just shouldn't happen.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Elite goaltenders can only do so much. We'd have a working second line if the coach wasn't a clown.

But.. but my father says MT is one of the best coach in the NHL! :help:
I've had so much fun explaining them 2 weeks ago how the habs have a better team than what they play with MT. :help:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I really don't like PJ Stock, it's clear he loves to be the ''bad'' guy on AC and always say pretty stupid things. But tonight he was right. The Habs have the same problems we had to start the year. Defense is confused, we give up our blue line and let the opponent in way too easily, we are often skating around senselessly chasing our opponents in our zone, we dump the puck off the boards and right into the opponent's hands more often than not, we have close to no transition game (to the point where I'm actually surprised when we're able to do 3 fast passes and be out of the zone). Our defensive and transition games are horrible, not to mention our weak ES play.

Now, at least we added Vanek. It does help a bit with the offense, but Therrien needs to stick with a 3rd line and stop flipflopping guys around. Eller is a center, every time he's moved to the wing, he plays like crap. Keep him at center and make up your mind as to him being the 3rd or 4th one.

We need to permanently rid ourselves of Murray. He's bad, but he's even worse versus a fast team like TB, if that was even possible. Tinordi is way more agile, he needs to be inserted so he can keep gaining experience for the POs. The return of Gorges will hopefully move Bouillon out of the line up again. Dressing Bouillon and Murray in the same game should be a decision never taken.

We flat out need a new coach. Its too bad too because we've actually got a good roster to compete with.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008

i think my biggest concern is pk. how can he go from jm's pk, to this pk, because it's night and day on the ice in his own end. every part of pk's defensive game is weaker than 2 years ago, and now we are seeing his offensive creative going too.

a lot of our issues on d have to do with positioning. it's like I'm watching a team of matthew dandenault's back there. it's sad.

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
Still hate how MT is using Subban.

Subban is the kind of player that want you to have his back. The more confidence you give him, the better he'll be. He's a vet now, if he makes a mistake, he will know it. Benching him at this point of his career will not do anything. The guy is a warrior and is probably the one that wants to win the most. He's also a player that can change the game by himself. I hate the "showing who's the boss" treatment Therrien always give. A player is smart enough to recognize his mistake. Talk to him and them give him a tap to encourage him. What did all the punishment MT gave led to? Nothing.

Fact is, Subban "regressed" this season. I expected at least a 20 goals season for Subban... not 10. MT toned him down a lot and Subban now plays to please the coach, not to win the game.

Seriously, sometime I watch his ice time, Subban is not being used as a Norris winner, he plays like Marc-Andre Bergeron ffs. I don't care about circumstances.. there's no reason to use Murray more than Subban. And having a lot of penalty to kill is not a reason. **** Therrien.

I hear you to a degree. I have seen the potential like the rest of us how he can be a "Game Changer"
I'm sure Therrien has as well. Let's be real here though, his silly house league cough ups have been beyond irresponsible. He's almost there, and I'm not expecting him to be perfect, but man, as good as he is, he chokes up a lot.

Anyways, I have the coaches back on this one. He's basically telling P.K, " I trust you, go crazy, play how you want to play, but don't cost us a scoring chance by flubbing the puck. Which P.K does a lot. Tonight was brutal at the side of the net. uncalled for. I'd sit him down too. BE MORE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU ARE GOING TO RUN WITH IT!!!!!!! RUN, but be responsible. Therrien is doing just fine my friend.

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008

A little exagerated there, more speedy that's it. At the beginning of the seasons he looks ready, but now we are talking about the greater league and i don't think he is ready. We don't have anybody greater than Murray or Bouilllon in the system. Maybe Beaulieu, but it's a big question mark.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
We flat out need a new coach. Its too bad too because we've actually got a good roster to compete with.

I'm not a huge Therrien supporter but the guy has coached us into a tie for 3rd in the entire east. The guy deserves a bit of credit.

He also coached us last year to a division win.

The guy is getting it done even if we don't agree with his tactics.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm not a huge Therrien supporter but the guy has coached us into a tie for 3rd in the entire east. The guy deserves a bit of credit.

You're assuming we are winning because of him and not despite him.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I'll side with the minority here... I think Tampa Bay is beatable. We didn't put our best foot forward tonight.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Gallant is the only one i like behind the bench.
PK going no where with JJ's tutlage.
I posted the same thing about Groulx/Price last year.
not even gonna discuss the other clown.
although he does seem to pout a lot less now than his previous stint...:laugh:

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
You're assuming we are winning because of him and not despite him.

No I'm saying he deserves a bit more credit then he gets on the boards. I don't agree with all his tatics or his approach on certain issues or situations. Just that he has the numbers backing him right now.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Gallant is the only one i like behind the bench.
PK going no where with JJ's tutlage.
I posted the same thing about Groulx/Price last year.
not even gonna discuss the other clown.
although he does seem to pout a lot less now than his previous stint...:laugh:

Jodoin has always seemed like an intelligent guy when I've heard him tak in interviews, but that doesn't necessarily count for much.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Out of curiosity what are the odds Desharnais gets any repercussions for his horrific turnover that cost Motnreal the game, which essentially was the same thing Tinordi did. Although Desharnais has been around long enough he should know better?

My guess, nothing. Christ I hate the way Therrien manages the line up, a monkey in a suit could do a better job I feel sometimes.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A little exagerated there, more speedy that's it. At the beginning of the seasons he looks ready, but now we are talking about the greater league and i don't think he is ready. We don't have anybody greater than Murray or Bouilllon in the system. Maybe Beaulieu, but it's a big question mark.

i like beaulieu ahead of Tinordi right now...
we are getting killed on puck retrieval.
his mobility was very noticeable when he did get a chance to play.
he certainly didn't make any more errors than tinordi.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
i like beaulieu ahead of Tinordi right now...
we are getting killed on puck retrieval.
his mobility was very noticeable when he did get a chance to play.
he certainly didn't make any more errors than tinordi.

The biggest problem is we have our best player playing with a partner that on his best nights slows him down. Subban doesn't trust Bouillon out there, and why should he. But it makes every decision and play more difficult because Booboo is simply not an option unless its behind the net.

With Subban playing limited, unsuccessful minutes because of Therrien continuing to put him with Bouillon the chances to win are knocked down severely. And not that the PP has dried up, we are basically counting on one lien to win games and a goaltender to steal a few. Therrien is essentially just taking bullets out of the gun and throwing them instead, he has the damn bullets, put them in the ****ing gun and use them properly.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

He got it done or the kids last year and Price this year? Therrien is getting the credit despite trying his best to ruin this team.

There's a reason Pittsburgh fired him after getting them to the finals. His "tactics" flat out stink.

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008
The biggest problem is we have our best player playing with a partner that on his best nights slows him down. Subban doesn't trust Bouillon out there, and why should he. But it makes every decision and play more difficult because Booboo is simply not an option unless its behind the net.

With Subban playing limited, unsuccessful minutes because of Therrien continuing to put him with Bouillon the chances to win are knocked down severely. And not that the PP has dried up, we are basically counting on one lien to win games and a goaltender to steal a few. Therrien is essentially just taking bullets out of the gun and throwing them instead, he has the damn bullets, put them in the ****ing gun and use them properly.

Who do you want to see with Subban and what will be the flaws for the other pairing?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

He hasn't coached us anywhere. We're where we are because of our goaltending. That's it. We don't defend or score well. Thomas Vanek is a huge help but MT has been absolutely terrible this year.
No I'm saying he deserves a bit more credit then he gets on the boards. I don't agree with all his tatics or his approach on certain issues or situations. Just that he has the numbers backing him right now.
You're looking at the wrong numbers.

We're consistently outshot and outchanced. Our offense has sucked and once MT decided to go dump and chase and weld DD to Gallagher and Max our scoring (including the PP) died.

Yes we have a great record... that's pretty much due to getting the best goaltending in the league. Way too many point blank chances all year long and we've won tons of games we didn't deserve.

We're where we are despite MT, not because of him. He absolutely sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad