We Can Do Better!

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The effort in this thread is lousy. We need to confess more stuff to pay tribute!
Confession 1#
Sometimes when the Sabres play bad I want them to play even worse. I take sick pleasure in watching us trying to get back into games with Sobotka out on the ice during the end of the game. Sabres connects me to dark sides of my ego that I didn't know before. The true joy of fandom is a shared, mutual, experience and somehow that gets more intense when we are really terrible instead of just bad. The best scenario would obviously be to start winning more games and share the mutual experience of joy but since that becomes less and less likely this season I'm longing for the morbid pleasures that a 1-5 loss on home ice brings (the one goal scored by Pominville, unassisted).
One can say I lost my love for the game but found a new perversion in its place.
My father always says "What I've lost in lust for life I've gained in a deathwish" when he wants to cheer himself up.

Reactions: zuikan

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
The effort in this thread is lousy. We need to confess more stuff to pay tribute!
Confession 1#
Sometimes when the Sabres play bad I want them to play even worse. I take sick pleasure in watching us trying to get back into games with Sobotka out on the ice during the end of the game. Sabres connects me to dark sides of my ego that I didn't know before. The true joy of fandom is a shared, mutual, experience and somehow that gets more intense when we are really terrible instead of just bad. The best scenario would obviously be to start winning more games and share the mutual experience of joy but since that becomes less and less likely this season I'm longing for the morbid pleasures that a 1-5 loss on home ice brings (the one goal scored by Pominville, unassisted).
One can say I lost my love for the game but found a new perversion in its place.
My father always says "What I've lost in lust for life I've gained in a deathwish" when he wants to cheer himself up.

What fanbase should we trade you to for some cap dumps?

Reactions: zuikan

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I've been slacking off. Going for the cheap one-liners, taking shortcuts, not finishing my routines. It's easy to get discouraged and quit. This is the time of the year we show what we're made of!

bottspegula.jpg

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'd like to know why we're repeating Chinese history. Murray and Whaley represent the young and foolish Mao of the disastrous great leap forward when he tried to rush things. Now we're 2 years into the cultural revolution. There won't be any stability until Mao dies and the gang of four is arrested.

Reactions: sabremike

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The GDT returns Friday April 19th as the Amerks take on the hated Toronto Marlies and their overrated coach Sheldon Keefe in the Calder Cup Playoffs. Your typing fingers and drinking elbows better be in game shape.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Good News! We've reached an agreement with a facility to assist Sabres fans who are dealing with PTSD. We realize that no one can be a Sabres fan without experiencing some degree of PTSD and this can can manifest itself as behavioral problems. The award winning facility we've selected pioneered the concepts of "quiet time" and the "timeout". As soon as they ramp up their services to handle older kids (@sabremike ) they'll begin accepting clients.

blue_giraffe.jpg

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Good News! We've reached an agreement with a facility to assist Sabres fans who are dealing with PTSD. We realize that no one can be a Sabres fan without experiencing some degree of PTSD and this can can manifest itself as behavioral problems. The award winning facility we've selected pioneered the concepts of "quiet time" and the "timeout". As soon as they ramp up their services to handle older kids (@sabremike ) they'll begin accepting clients.

View attachment 224589
FB_IMG_1555817203279.jpg

Reactions: Smiling Ivan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad