We Can Do Better!

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Sexton mentioned today they they are looking for positive and upbeat players and want everything to be fun, and they tell that to the entire Sabres staff as well. I'd like to think that by starting to be more positive and upbeat and even fun here we can all by extension join the same team and, yes, do our part to help the Sabres succeed on the ice and in life.
Been trying to do my part but it's like trying to swim across a river loaded with piranha.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Been trying to do my part but it's like trying to swim across a river loaded with piranha.

Swim faster. Swim better. More discipline. Be more upbeat.

We need to be better. And that means tougher. Sure, piranhas might bite up your legs. Your fingers work, right? Get on your computer and type. Do you think back in the day reporters let man eating fish stop them from using their typewriters? No way. They manned up and typed. That's how World War II was won.

Toughen up.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It’s weird. The results are way better than I expected but I’m equally frustrated with the team.
It’s like the Eichel/Skinner line along with Dahlin and Hutton has given me a taste of the actual good stuff and now it makes me sour even more on our usual scapegoats.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Swim faster. Swim better. More discipline. Be more upbeat.

We need to be better. And that means tougher. Sure, piranhas might bite up your legs. Your fingers work, right? Get on your computer and type. Do you think back in the day reporters let man eating fish stop them from using their typewriters? No way. They manned up and typed. That's how World War II was won.

Toughen up.
Lehner is no longer here so the whole piranha problem has been taken care of.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Sabres fans, hear me!

Once upon a time, in an off-season far, far away, posters of our favorite hockey team united. That unity got the Sabres Rasmus Dahlin. Together, we can do anything.

We seemed to have lost our way. This thread went dormant. And the Sabres game turned inconsistent. We must find our way back. For the team.

Post! Post positivity! Sacrifice! It's for the team! For Buffalo!

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Not scoring the last goal in a blowout is shameful. It really makes me question the team culture. Also: Eichel skated away from Pominville without hugging him during the celebration - not what you want from someone wearing the C.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
It’s weird. The results are way better than I expected but I’m equally frustrated with the team.
It’s like the Eichel/Skinner line along with Dahlin and Hutton has given me a taste of the actual good stuff and now it makes me sour even more on our usual scapegoats.

Not to be blinded by a big win today, but what did you expect? The Sabres are a team with a lot of young talent. This is truly a team that is learning how to consistently win. Some nights you'll see them look like a playoff team, others you'll see them play very well (like today). Buffalo beating up on weaker teams (Kings, Ducks, Sens) should be considered a big positive. This is the first time the Sabres have truly deserved to win the majority of their games through the first month. That's a big step.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Not to be blinded by a big win today, but what did you expect? The Sabres are a team with a lot of young talent. This is truly a team that is learning how to consistently win.
Just outside bottom 5. The frustrating thing is that we aren’t that many pieces from being really good.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
It seems like it’s an HF dream,
The red hot start for our farm team,
The top three in the scoring race,
An Amerk there in every place.

And look! It really seems that just,
When we thought he was a bust,
Nylander showed up there in camp,
And then competed like a champ.

Some folks on here have now begun,
To lobby for some Olofsson,
“He’s ripping up the AHL!
Let’s call him up, he’ll do quite well!”

And others claim that Pilut’s due,
To join the Sabres roster, too,
“He skates so well, and shows some smarts.
His fancy stats are off the charts.”

And while it seems there is no harm,
In growing players on the farm,
It’s nice to let them marinate,
But we don’t really want to wait.

So Jason B., let’s make this clear,
Tomorrow when the team is here,
After the Amerks game is played,
We’d be ok if those guys stayed.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I remember when I started this thread. It was a response to a frantic call I received from the Sabres supplier of visor anti-fogging wipes. He said ROR reads this forum several times a day and all we do is argue about Reinhart who ROR considers as dull as a turnip. ROR loves turnips but that's besides the point. He said it was making ROR depressed and causing him to lose his love for the game. I hoped this thread would make ROR whole again, but all it did was inspire him to eat whole wheat. When I heard that ROR was playing "You've Lost the Lovin' Feelin'" over and over on his guitar, I knew, Now it's gone, gone, gone, woh

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I remember when I started this thread. It was a response to a frantic call I received from the Sabres supplier of visor anti-fogging wipes. He said ROR reads this forum several times a day and all we do is argue about Reinhart who ROR considers as dull as a turnip. ROR loves turnips but that's besides the point. He said it was making ROR depressed and causing him to lose his love for the game. I hoped this thread would make ROR whole again, but all it did was inspire him to eat whole wheat. When I heard that ROR was playing "You've Lost the Lovin' Feelin'" over and over on his guitar, I knew, Now it's gone, gone, gone, woh
You called on people to ease up on liking posts and then you post that? I mean, what the heck is any sane or rational person supposed to do after reading that?

Reactions: missingmika

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad